Moving furniture, donating blood, what else have you done..

saren

•  
    1. Does anyone have experience working as Removalists (either furniture, or whatever) as a working holidaymaker, is it possible to get work even if you don't drive. Furniture removal (paid hourly, entry-level, casual).

2. Another option: donating blood (i.e in exchange for $30), and i don't mean with red cross because i know they only want volunteer donors. However, i heard around Skin cancer foundation paying donors $30.

3. other unmentioned job opportunities

Thanks

Guest chris955

You dont say where you are from or where you are going ? If you are from the UK you cant give blood because of the minutely small risk you could infect people with mad cow disease. If you are going to Australia they dont pay for blood anyway. You need to add more details if you want info.

•  

1. Does anyone have experience working as Removalists (either furniture, or whatever) as a working holidaymaker, is it possible to get work even if you don't drive. Furniture removal (paid hourly, entry-level, casual).

2. Another option: donating blood (i.e in exchange for $30), and i don't mean with red cross because i know they only want volunteer donors. However, i heard around Skin cancer foundation paying donors $30.

3. other unmentioned job opportunities

Thanks

Sorry I don't mean to tease ( well just a bit) but just how much blood do you have to give? I am not sure that donating blood can be a full time occupation....

I would love to donate blood here, but am not allowed as I lived in the UK between 1980 and 1996 ( mad cow disease and all that).

There are always casual jobs available where you don't need to be able to drive, it's just a case of once you are here on a WHV looking for them.

I am not from UK, and i think the Skin Cancer foundation limited repeat donors to 1 donation every 4 weeks, so it's just $30/month with one foundation, and if you're lucky another $30 donation with another foundation, but the information i seek is which foundations pay donors.

I am not from UK, and i think the Skin Cancer foundation limited repeat donors to 1 donation every 4 weeks, so it's just $30/month with one foundation, and if you're lucky another $30 donation with another foundation, but the information i seek is which foundations pay donors.

In Australia, AFAIK, only the Australian Red Cross Blood Service is allowed to collect blood donations.

Im sorry but the Skin Cancer foundation also does it/or did it, until their research ended. Perhaps because it's not donation for general purposes, the Skin cancer foundation is allowed a research project with specific focus they were given permission to collect for a short period, and now its ended, but another one may start up.

and i think the Skin Cancer foundation limited repeat donors to 1 donation every 4 weeks, so it's just $30/month with one foundation, and if you're lucky another $30 donation with another foundation

I give blood here in Romania constantly Saren, and I am only allowed to give once every 3 months, for medical reasons.

It seems that you don't realize what you are seeing: giving blood 1 or even 2 times in one month. I hardly think that you are going to last 2 months. Here, you must have 60 kilo if you're a female, and 80 kilo if you are a male. Again, I hardly doubt that you have the weight (from your point of view, you seem very young).

Get your mind together and search for a real job, where you'll have to work indeed, but you'll get paid as well. All the best

Archived