Leaving the forum.....

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

...... No sorry, don't get to excited I don't mean me:daydreaming:

Will you ever leave the forum and if so why.

I hate to see anyone leave and thankfully the regulars come back. However, some people come on to get free advice and then you never see them again. It would be lovely if these people stayed around and shared the knowledge that they learned, I mean, that's what the forum is all about, helping each other.

We have members on here who made the move or got their visa years ago and don't think their opinions are valid, this is far from the truth, look at a lot of us who hang out in chewing the fat, we talk about everything and anything, we have our falling outs BUT if any one or us is down or needs support we all club together like a family.

There are a couple on here who I don't know if they will ever make Oz, but I pray they stay around as they are like part of the furniture.:wubclub:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that I wouldn't leave the forum, even in the long term.

Although I am yet to begin the process of trying to get myself out to Oz, I feel that once I am able to hopefully make the move over I would love to stick around and offer any help or advice to those that are in the process of doing so and keep tabs on how everyone else is getting on!

That said, I'm going to be sticking around for a while as its going to be a couple of years before I can even start the ball rolling!

Guest The Pom Queen
I feel that I wouldn't leave the forum, even in the long term.

Although I am yet to begin the process of trying to get myself out to Oz, I feel that once I am able to hopefully make the move over I would love to stick around and offer any help or advice to those that are in the process of doing so and keep tabs on how everyone else is getting on!

That said, I'm going to be sticking around for a while as its going to be a couple of years before I can even start the ball rolling!

How far have you got?

I kind of drift in and out these days.

Ill make a comment if something interests me.Will try to be helpful if some-one asks about the NT.

Being with defence means we will move around Oz every 3 yrs or so.Its lovely to make friends on here then fantastic to meet them.

I fly to Brisbane every so often for treatment and Johndoe and his family always look after me.Through them I have been able to meet quite a few Brisbane PIO members past and present.So if its OK with you Kate, Ill hang around for a bit longer,lol

I always say im going to but then never seem to do it.

me too Stacey, I keep thinking I will leave, but I would miss everyone so much, it's is quite addictive, I enjoy the company and I use it for current affairs ..... Useful information, and somewhere to sound off if I need to unburden when I am home lone, like yesterday when our dog was at the vets poorly ........ I just needed to take my mind off worrying about her and the forum was the perfect place :yes:

How far have you got?

In all honesty, besides making the decision that I want to emigrate to Australia, not very far at all.

I am saving as hard as I can at the moment so I have financial stability before trying to make the move.

My job isnt on the SOL so am also having a think about whether to consider retraining in another field.

If I had a fair amount of savings and a job in demand I would have started the ball rolling months ago!

Guest The Pom Queen
me too Stacey, I keep thinking I will leave, but I would miss everyone so much, it's is quite addictive, I enjoy the company and I use it for current affairs ..... Useful information, and somewhere to sound off if I need to unburden when I am home lone, like yesterday when our dog was at the vets poorly ........ I just needed to take my mind off worrying about her and the forum was the perfect place :yes:

Missed that about your furry friend Hun, hope she is ok?

Guest The Pom Queen
In all honesty, besides making the decision that I want to emigrate to Australia, not very far at all.

I am saving as hard as I can at the moment so I have financial stability before trying to make the move.

My job isnt on the SOL so am also having a think about whether to consider retraining in another field.

If I had a fair amount of savings and a job in demand I would have started the ball rolling months ago!

Are you too old for the WHV?

They always say if you want something badly enough you can make it work, so fingers tightly crossed for you x

Are you too old for the WHV?

They always say if you want something badly enough you can make it work, so fingers tightly crossed for you x

Im 26, so still eligible for the WHV for a few years yet. Only problem I feel with going down that route is that I'll have to come back to the UK after a year or 2 and still be in the position I am in now as I believe it is difficult/impossible to go from a WHV and get a PR visa?

As you say, I am determined to make it work so i'll have to be patient!

Guest The Pom Queen
Im 26, so still eligible for the WHV for a few years yet. Only problem I feel with going down that route is that I'll have to come back to the UK after a year or 2 and still be in the position I am in now as I believe it is difficult/impossible to go from a WHV and get a PR visa?

As you say, I am determined to make it work so i'll have to be patient!

Well I'm glad you are staying around as I'm going to be waiting for that post in a few years when you say you have got your visa :yes:

Am I correct in thinking the 457 is a visa where you are sponsored by an employer? Wouldn't even know where to begin!

Thats one of the best things about this forum when your starting out. Like you i didnt know anything about it, tried gathering info from offical government sites and im just useless with things like that. Everything just seems gobbedlygook.

Came on here and found it all out in simple terms (not that im say the members are simple i hasten to add). Best thing was i got the warts n all version, so was really able to weight it up

anyway i digress.....

this forum was very beneficial to me before I moved to Oz and still as beneficial to me as I am in Oz. I would consider myself to be a very lame poster as often I have posted and been timed out or replied to posts and also been timed out and not re-logged and continued with my replies, I do read a lot of posts and follow.. a bit of a forum creep really I guess ....but sometimes I must admit get a bit frightened to post ...however have no intention to leave and if I feel I can help in any way will continue to post

I leave all forums eventually. I was on some for years and posting and reading them reached their natural end. I tend to just simply stop visiting the site, stop posting, stop reading and drift away. No drama, no I'm leaving thread, no nothing. Just quietly wander off.

Guest The Pom Queen
this forum was very beneficial to me before I moved to Oz and still as beneficial to me as I am in Oz. I would consider myself to be a very lame poster as often I have posted and been timed out or replied to posts and also been timed out and not re-logged and continued with my replies, I do read a lot of posts and follow.. a bit of a forum creep really I guess ....but sometimes I must admit get a bit frightened to post ...however have no intention to leave and if I feel I can help in any way will continue to post

Frightened, we aren't that scary are we :tongue:

Archived