What are the things you most miss about the UK?

richselina

Sausages, fish & chips, knowing immediately where to get a good curry, the NHS, snow, coming in out of the cold to a warm house, decent motorways, faster traffic lights, proper Sausage & egg Mcmuffin- they taste different here, good gyms, good pubs, decent chocolate, cheap clothes shops, rainy days, being closer distance to family, british shops, british festivals. This list could go on forever...

Don't miss anything yet, other than family and friends. Love practically everything i've come across in Melbourne and don't think there's much i can say i miss from London.

The fish and chips is awesome here , even found a chippy (run by vietnamese!) that does flake and chips for $7 with proper chips. gorgeous!

Maybe being able to scamper across any road without waiting for the lights to change.....easy in London, bit suicidal across a 10 lane highway in Melbourne.

Band 1: £17.50 includes an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, a scale and polish and planning for further treatment.

Band 2: £48 includes all treatment covered by Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions).

Band 3: £209 includes all treatment covered by Bands 1 and 2, plus more complex procedures, such as crowns, dentures and bridges.

As opposed to $3000-$5000 dollars!!!!

A recent dental checkup in Adelaide cost me $145 you do the conversion , last year told i needed a crown but looking at $3800!!!!! and he couldn't guarantee its success, i'm sorry,if i spend that much i want it to work same as i would if it was a tv or at least be able to return if not fit for purpose. Sadly i wasn't paying it and had my first ever tooth removed for $375, something else i won't miss, being ripped off at any and every opportunity, in the old days they wore a mask and rode a horse!

Apart from family and friends I miss the seasons, although from what relatives have been saying their seasons back in the uk have all been the same this year...wet! I do miss the cold crisp mornings and the autumn trees.

I also miss the freedom to walk in the countryside without having to worry about snakes etc.

On a selfish note I miss the variety of food in the supermarkets back home...

....and yes dentists back home!

Miss everything about UK mainly,

1: walk to my office which was only 15 -18 min from my home

2: My kind English Landlady from Chester

3: My Austrian flat mate who never stayed at home except weekends for few hours (mostly found at Uni Lab)

4: Walk to Park every evening (in summer of course) with neighbors

5: My neighbor old couple and their dog

6: Lake District view

7: My Office and colleagues

8: Marks & Spencer shopping

9: Busy Manchester Market Street

10: My travel from North to South, and frequent traveling to Europe (so economical specially if book in advance)

11: Sunday early morning Church and then head for lovely breakfast at Cafe Nero

12: All the different accents

13: The compliments I used to get from people specially on my smile

14: NHS service

15: Manchester Tram ..London Underground

16: Weekends with friends for Sheesha :)

17: My Dentist ... great one

18: Above all I miss weather... I love rain

ohhh this list can go and on...

I just miss Manchester..

Aussie Girl Bay

Thought of a couple more:

Radios 4 & 5, and especially Test Match Special

That particular shade of green that doesn't exist here.

But, like I said, it'll mostly still be there when I go back

all bbc radio channels are available over on any internet enabled device, for free!

Been able to walk to your friends house.

Going away for a cheap weekend.

British TV.

The clothes shops.

Countryside.

Cozy nights in when its snowing out.

Christmas (it just isn't the same here)

Greggs.

Having a real night out

although the plan is to go back to the UK so I don't miss these things to much.

I hail from Manchester all family is in and aroud Manchester, Leyland & preston, know what u mean

exactly...I remember once traveling by train from Southend-on-sea to London, I smiled at a little boy who was with his parents, the couple looked at me and said 'Oh you must be from North' ....best thing I heard about my place....really lovely, kind, polite people from North

Archived