7weeks in Perth!

Dennic

Wow I can't believe we have been in Perth for 7weeks already, it has all gone soooo smoothly. We found a long term rental 3weeks in which was great as We arrived before the schools closed for the holidays so was able to enroll the kids into the school which is only 3min walk, over the moon :smile:

Husband done a week at work before Xmas then had till the 14th Jan off which was great:smile:

Everyone is so friendly and we have already made some great friends & have loads of BBQ with them so at the mo its all going well.

So for all you that are just about to make the move.......

It is so laid back and all the little worries you have will disappear when you get hear, everything just seems to fall in to place with out to much effort.

Good luck to you all and if you want to meet up just give me a shout :yes:

Denni

Guest JonnyNI

Hi Dennic,

Great to hear you are getting on so well out there. My OH and I are due to move out next month but neither of us have got jobs lined up as yet.

We are starting to get very nervous as neither of us have secured employment as yet but the feedback has been that employers are far more receptive once you are in the country. Did your hubby have a job before you guys moved out or did he have to start searching once you got there?

Jonny

PS. I'm a civil enginner working on the contractors side of things and my wife is an architect...

We are NOR in a place called Greenwood, at first we thought that we wanted to be next to the beach... Our hoilday rental was right on the beach front at Quinns rocks, but my god the sand drove me nuts, it gets everywhere & I spent 90% cleaning it up!!!

Anyway when we found this place in Greenwood we was so happy as we are

6/8min drive to the beach,

15/20min drive to Perth city,

15 min to airport,

3min walk to the school,

2min walk to our local shop.

3 parks all within walking distance.

Perfect :cute:

Hi Jonny, my hubby was given a job before coming over, we tried for the PR visa but lost out on points... Told everyone we was giving up on emigrating, one person said he knows someone who will sponsor him and that was that, I'm a stay at home mum so don't know much about the jobs hear, but I have heard that WA = waiting ages!! Lol

They don't normally reply to e-mails unless they want you it's a case of (if something is in it for them they will reply if not you don't hear a thing)

I would say you will have better luck face to face.

Good luck it will be worth it :biggrin:

Hi, I don't care what anyone negative has to say about WA I must say I'm loving it, as long as my family are happy the sun out & everyone is smiling.

Everyone said it was expensive, but my god they have so much going on that's free!! For a family of 5 we can go out take lunch with us and it don't cost a penny, where in London if it was for kids someone would charge!! Lol

:biggrin:

Archived