Researching where to live in perth?? any help please??

the boardmans

hi there we are just starting our visa process off finally and am now researching where we would like to live in perth, we are getting quite overwhelmed as there seems a lot of areas to live in! if anybody can help it would be much appreciated, we are a family of four, applying on husbands trade as a bricklayer, have two sons age 5 and 2 so would need nearby schools. we are going to be renting first and dont want extortionate prices??? thank you

I'm interested in your comments on this as well. My husband and I have been looking at houses on the net this week as well but there are so many different places to look at it can be really overwhelming. So far I have looked at Butler and Mandurah in the greatest detail. Got a budget of approx $500/wk, would like close to a beach and schools, got kids aged 7, 2 & 6 months. :-)

Property is a lot more expensive close to the city. So for example, a house close to Cottesloe beach which is also close to the city could easily be $1000 a week. Mandurah is nice and we have lived there 4 years. But, it is an hour to the city. But, you can get a nice place close to a beach for under $500.

Cant comment on schools as dont have children.

Do you have any idea where you will be working and what sort of commute you are willing to do?

Guest guest80918

You can check - realestate.com.au or reiwa.com.au

Joondalup/Wanneroo area are close to schools, shopping centers, hospitals, universities & not too far from the coast. Easy access to new land development too for tradesmens. You'll hear a british accent more than a Australian accent, some expats love it some hate it but for a start i'd be looking NORTH of OCEAN REEF ROAD. Google map it for suburbs.

If that's a mth...most areas have been written out. Being a bricky can hardly imagine that's the weekly budget....if so were all in the wrong business.

hi all thank you very much for the info

yeah the budget I gave was monthly we want to rent for the 1st few mths so we can figure out where we want to live before committing to buy, our budget will go up a bit then. we don't really want to be spending a fortune out of our savings on a few months rent

thank you all again

hi all thank you very much for the info

yeah the budget I gave was monthly we want to rent for the 1st few mths so we can figure out where we want to live before committing to buy, our budget will go up a bit then. we don't really want to be spending a fortune out of our savings on a few months rent

thank you all again

think you will really struggle to find anything half decent on that monthly budget ...have you looked on www.realestate.com.au they cover all rentals in perth ...saves you hopping from one agent to another

mrs keily

Guest Guest26012
hi we were thinking near to the beach, shopping areas, schools and main amenities, about half an hour to an hour away from perth city centre? our budget would probably be around $1200 - $1500

thank you very much

You can def get a rental in the northern suburbs within that monthly budget! It would prob be a 4x2 for that money! Where we live is about an hours commute from the city!

Guest Guest26012
think you will really struggle to find anything half decent on that monthly budget ...have you looked on www.realestate.com.au they cover all rentals in perth ...saves you hopping from one agent to another

mrs keily

If I get post right then that's a weekly rent between 500 to 550? That's perfectly doable! A 4x2 where we live would be between 450 and 500 per week.

If I get post right then that's a weekly rent between 500 to 550? That's perfectly doable! A 4x2 where we live would be between 450 and 500 per week.

If you go with their top line if $1500 per calender month then that will be $1500 x 12 / 52 which only gives them a weekly top line rent of $346 per week which certainly isn't a lot when it comes to Perth rentals. You won't get much for that!

If you go with their top line if $1500 per calender month then that will be $1500 x 12 / 52 which only gives them a weekly top line rent of $346 per week which certainly isn't a lot when it comes to Perth rentals. You won't get much for that!

yeah this is how i worked it out

mrs keily

Guest Guest26012

Perhaps they said per calendar month but actually mean $500 plus per week! I wasn't working it out over twelve months! If that's the case then $500 per week is doable!

Guest Guest26012

Oops! Had. Couple of baileys last night lol! Yes soz but your monthly budget for rental is low! $2000 would be more realistic.

Would agree with madcow....if you can secure somewhere you will be lucky to have a few bucks spare for $2000 pm. Your budget for rentals just won't cut it here in Perth.

Archived