ok give up what is 'manchester'

Guest The McT's

Guest The McT's

long timers........been here 3 weeks now & still mystified as to what is 'manchester'. keep seeing it advertised & saw a manchester section in Coles - appeared to be towels!! help appreciated. Also has anyone else been overdoing .the 'cleanskins' ? had some fab wine for peanuts! a few dogs too...but we live & learn. cleanskin tips appreciated.

[quote=The McT's;183578]long timers........been here 3 weeks now & still mystified as to what is 'manchester'. keep seeing it advertised & saw a manchester section in Coles - appeared to be towels!!

'Manchester' refers to sheets, pillowcases, duvets covers, duvets, blankets, towels etc. You will often see Target etc. have sales on 'Manchester' often 20% off whole range.

Can't work out where the term Manchester comes from, always confused me too, unless it's a reference to the textile manufacturing district? Maybe linen shipped here came from there historically?

I would also know what cleanskins to buy, but they won't beat Lambrini (I bloody love it!)

Jo

Someone told me that the 'manchester' term was from manchester being at the heart of the cotton industry and that this is generally where all the linin came from. Don't know if that's true or not. It's not a brand name but as Jarvl says refers to bedding etc.,

Ali

Came across a shop in Chile selling 'manchester'.

Strange to see amongst all the spanish. On investigation it transpired that 'manchester' was a general term for linen stuff. They found it strange we didn't know that being english?

Guest BullcreekBob
Yup its a brand name :)

Jo x

No it isn't.

Manchester is the collective name give to all sheets, towels, linen etc. The name comes from the fact that at one time Manchester was the textile capital of the world.

Archived