What car to buy?

VERYSTORMY

Mmmm. My wife says the same about manuals. Though she doesn't yet have a license.

Decided to go and see Mazda as well today. Drove cx5. Nice car, though more expensive than the Hyundai. Almost the same for the base price manual without sat nav or climate control and things as the top spec auto Hyundai.

I can get the principle advantages of the auto. But I do like to find the odd drivers road (not many I know in WA, but a few down south and that is where a manual really is needed).

Not sure about the gears though as well in the Mazda. Felt a bit odd / hard. At one point it simply would not go 3 to 4 and had to go back to 2 and then 3 then 4.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ptp113
Mmmm. My wife says the same about manuals. Though she doesn't yet have a license.

Decided to go and see Mazda as well today. Drove cx5. Nice car, though more expensive than the Hyundai. Almost the same for the base price manual without sat nav or climate control and things as the top spec auto Hyundai.

I can get the principle advantages of the auto. But I do like to find the odd drivers road (not many I know in WA, but a few down south and that is where a manual really is needed).

Not sure about the gears though as well in the Mazda. Felt a bit odd / hard. At one point it simply would not go 3 to 4 and had to go back to 2 and then 3 then 4.

Abused demo vehicle. Mazda have very, very good manuals. Their slushies were poor, but I can't comment on newer versions.

Abused demo vehicle. Mazda have very, very good manuals. Their slushies were poor, but I can't comment on newer versions.

No, wasn't a demo. In fact I felt guilty as it had been bought as "new" this morning. In fact it was a bit annoying as it was the only one in the colour we liked they had.

But, I am aware that when anyone drives a new car for the first time, gears can be a bit "iffy". Bit they just felt a bit more iffy than I would have expected.

Guest Ptp113
No, wasn't a demo. In fact I felt guilty as it had been bought as "new" this morning. In fact it was a bit annoying as it was the only one in the colour we liked they had.

But, I am aware that when anyone drives a new car for the first time, gears can be a bit "iffy". Bit they just felt a bit more iffy than I would have expected.

Try another as a comparison..

Archived