Cosmetics

memmymooch

I miss Boots here.

So no No.7 but plenty of the other regonisable brands.

There are Department Stores here with large cosmetic sections but also the Pharmacies/Chemists are like mini Boots imo.

Last New Year in the sales while still in the UK i bought some make up called Natio on sale in Debenhams, not bad stuff and since being here have realised that it is an Aussie brand.

Prices here are more or less the same for creams, make up etc but i was used to doing a yearly stock up in the sales in the UK, buying up all the half price xmas sets and the like but when i went to do it here this year none of it was on sale, so i would say if your moving over, get out to the sales now and stock up

I miss Boots here.

So no No.7 but plenty of the other regonisable brands.

There are Department Stores here with large cosmetic sections but also the Pharmacies/Chemists are like mini Boots imo.

Last New Year in the sales while still in the UK i bought some make up called Natio on sale in Debenhams, not bad stuff and since being here have realised that it is an Aussie brand.

Prices here are more or less the same for creams, make up etc but i was used to doing a yearly stock up in the sales in the UK, buying up all the half price xmas sets and the like but when i went to do it here this year none of it was on sale, so i would say if your moving over, get out to the sales now and stock up

I like Natio day cream SPF30 - my local Debenhams has just stopped stocking it but I'll switch back when I'm in Aus.

No it's not. It's a good mid- range brand for those who don't want the designer stuff. Although I generally use Lancome cosmetics, I have a few No 7 bits which do the job.

I knew you were the type that uses Lancome,no wonder the name Lancome is so chavvy now......................

I haven't had to buy any make-up here yet but I have had a look around to see what the prices are like and I definitly won't be replacing my L'oreal powder when it's empty as it costs a lot more here but there are other alternatives, like Covergirl which do a good range. I did buy myself MAC foundation at Heathrow before I left as I knew it would most certainly be out of my price range over here :-)

That's good - you were starting to scare me with your apparent familiarity with cosmetics :eek:

:laugh:I dont think i'd make a very convincing cross dresser Freckles,face that would frighten a police horse an all that,me mam and dad even got a Lawyer to look for loopholes in my birth certificate:frown:

Ive admitted on here to somehow waking up with a fishnet stocking on:confused:,but it was when i was a kid with some older woman,i was used,led astray by her one night,traumatized me it did:daydreaming:

So a very short cross dressing career for me,i'll shut up now in case Memmy gets a cob on with me,she's been a good sport,never bit either!!:biggrin:

Archived