unhappy 457 visa employment, what are my options??

Guest guest69493

Guest guest69493

Hello All,

I would be grateful if some one can advise or give their story, in terms of immigrating from ireland/ u.k.(on a 457 business class) to begin new employment, but are really unhappy with there new employment. I am a nurse, with 20 years experience, desperately looking for advise. please help

# loving australia.....

Hello All,

I would be grateful if some one can advise or give their story, in terms of immigrating from ireland/ u.k.(on a 457 business class) to begin new employment, but are really unhappy with there new employment. I am a nurse, with 20 years experience, desperately looking for advise. please help

# loving australia.....

If you intended to migrate, then there are better visas and as you are presumably over 40 (?) then best to go straight for the permanent one and not waste time with 457 visas.

Skilled migration is what you need, the 189 or 190 visa. These applications are moving very quickly at the moment, I would suggest you get one of these underway and bear with it at work for time being. Once you have your permanent visa you can pick and choose where you work.

Guest guest69493

Thank you for taking time to reply, i am 39 years of age and my partner is 42 so maybe no tqualify for permanent one. My query is can i change visas?? and leave my unhappy employment?? I am thinking of applying for 190.

If you intended to migrate, then there are better visas and as you are presumably over 40 (?) then best to go straight for the permanent one and not waste time with 457 visas.

Skilled migration is what you need, the 189 or 190 visa. These applications are moving very quickly at the moment, I would suggest you get one of these underway and bear with it at work for time being. Once you have your permanent visa you can pick and choose where you work.

Thank you for taking time to reply, i am 39 years of age and my partner is 42 so maybe no tqualify for permanent one. My query is can i change visas?? and leave my unhappy employment?? I am thinking of applying for 190.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. You don't "change visas" but you can apply for a different one, which is what I have suggested. The 189 and the 190 are the skilled migration (permanent) visas.

I think the best option for anyone who wants to stay in Australia in this scenario is to stay in their current role whilst applying for new jobs where the potential new employer would be prepared to take on your sponsorship.

The chances of this happening would depend on your industry and so I cannot comment on the medical profession - in accountancy this is fairly common.

If this is not possible then as others have said apply for PR whilst in the country working under the 457 or return home.

can you transfere to a different hospital that is governed by the same authority e.g. I work in one houspital but there are 5 that belong to the South Metro Area - if you work in a similar set up then you would still be working for the same sponsor but in a different hospital/area