should sponsor pay for rental on arrival?????

norah9

hi, we are a family of 6 going to WA on a 2 year contract and although wages have been discussed there has been no mention yet on relocation package, rental etc. just wondering is it standard to have first month rental organized and paid for by employer. any advise would be appreciated.

There is no norm on these things. Some companies pay total relocation (fares, removal costs, temporary rental etc....) others pay nothing or just parts of it. Relocation costs are something that should be negotiated during the interview and appointment process. If your sponsor has not mentioned anything so far, I suggest that you contact them to confirm what they are providing.

Agreed gone through the process myself, also it varies from company to company on what they will pay for.

I had all my flights paid for (for myself and my family) all my removal costs (used John Masons which are excellent) travel/shipping insurance. I was also put up in a corporate apartment for five weeks whilst house hunting.

I know of other people who have had a pot of money to draw against for flights, removals, purchase of new furniture (if not shipping), rent etc. But that may have tax implications for you and the company.

I had $10,000 for relocation which covered about 90% of my actual costs. But when you factor in all the stuff you will have to buy again over here and the stuff you give away / don't take / sell really cheap to get rid of it, you will also be taking a hit

sorry, I am gate crashing. Can't help but feel you might be relocating on a 457. Can I ask how you found your sponsor? My husband is a carpenter and we have had no response to any applications.

I have had advise from others about contacting companies direct, but how do I find the companies other than yell? And companies that have sponsored before, but again how? Is there a list.

Sorry to prattle on, but loosing the will at the moment.

Adrienne

In answer to above - we found a sponsor through my DH's industry website job adverts. Not your industry unfortunately!

About the relocation costs - ours did pay up to $2000 temp accommodation which we managed to stretch to almost 3 weeks, also the shipping and flights and a few extras, but everyone is different.

sorry, I am gate crashing. Can't help but feel you might be relocating on a 457. Can I ask how you found your sponsor? My husband is a carpenter and we have had no response to any applications.

I have had advise from others about contacting companies direct, but how do I find the companies other than yell? And companies that have sponsored before, but again how? Is there a list.

Sorry to prattle on, but loosing the will at the moment.

Adrienne

You can start your own thread by using the big green "Post new thread" button that you see at the top of the forum. This is a better option than repeating your question on other people's threads just because they happen to mention 457 or sponsorship.

Having said that, you are probbaly going about it the wrong way. It is very unlikely that your husband is going to get sponsorship, traadies rarely do. I would suggst you look into skilled migration, you don't need a sponsor for that.

Archived