• 1 month later...
i was offshore

I got my skills accessed and then I applied for EOI, after which I got an invite. However, there was a typo in the skills assessment letter so I requested for a corrected letter. Due to this, the date on my skills assessment letter is a later date than my EOI invite. After reading through this thread, I wonder if it will cause any problem or query that EOI was applied before the completion of skills assessment, which is actually not the case.

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on reapplying for a 189. Have just received a refusal notice for my original application as my skills assessment was dated after the date my visa invite (12 days!). I thought I had a valid skills assessment at the time of my EOI, but later realized Engineers Australia had omitted a year and a half worth of experience due to lack of evidence which put me below the required 3 years. I submitted further evidence to Engineers Australia to rectify this. My question is, seeing as how I unwittingly gave false information in my expression of interest, will this have on a negative impact on a new application. I have just submitted a new EOI. Absolutely gutted, thought we were in! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Probably not what you want to hear now, but your application could have been approved if you had provided the original Skills Assessment.

The Regulations require that a positive skills assessment in the nominated occupation be approved prior to receiving the invite. By the sound of it you did have a positive skills assessment prior to the EOI. The second skills assessment simply proved further skilled experience and could have been provided along with the earlier dated original assessment.

It does not appear that you did give false information, you simply failed to provide the original skills assessment.

I got my skills accessed and then I applied for EOI, after which I got an invite. However, there was a typo in the skills assessment letter so I requested for a corrected letter. Due to this, the date on my skills assessment letter is a later date than my EOI invite. After reading through this thread, I wonder if it will cause any problem or query that EOI was applied before the completion of skills assessment, which is actually not the case.

Welcome to PIO. As you can see from the thread you posted on, this has resulted in a visa refusal previously so you are right to be concerned. What kind of typo is it? Could you not just send the original skills assessment now?

Welcome to PIO. As you can see from the thread you posted on, this has resulted in a visa refusal previously so you are right to be concerned. What kind of typo is it? Could you not just send the original skills assessment now?

The year of degree completion was incorrect in the skills assessment, but when we pointed that out, the skills assessment body corrected it and resent it to us with a new date on letter. I have the original skills assessment letter as well as the new one. If the CO comes asking for an explanation then we can show the first letter and the typo but I am worried that the CO should not reject the application without asking for an explanation.

The year of degree completion was incorrect in the skills assessment, but when we pointed that out, the skills assessment body corrected it and resent it to us with a new date on letter. I have the original skills assessment letter as well as the new one. If the CO comes asking for an explanation then we can show the first letter and the typo but I am worried that the CO should not reject the application without asking for an explanation.

Well they do usually contact you before rejecting a visa, but why not just send the original skills assessment anyway.

Well they do usually contact you before rejecting a visa, but why not just send the original skills assessment anyway.

That's because then CO will see the year of completion on the degree and the year in the assessment which will not match. So, in that case also CO will raise a concern!!

Don't leave it to the CO to come asking for an explanation. Upload the first assessment letter and then a word document and any correspondence explaining the error that was made by the assessing authority. If you've entered incorrect details on the EOI/application (I.e. put the date of the 2nd letter as the skills assessment date) you will have to explain that also and give them the correct details.

They do usually contact you first, but they can make a decision at any time based on the info they have in front of them. Once they decide it can't be changed unless you got to tribunal.

Edited by Adam Grey

That's because then CO will see the year of completion on the degree and the year in the assessment which will not match. So, in that case also CO will raise a concern!!

Don't be so ridiculous, the important thing here is that you had a skills assessment when you lodged your EOI. Not what year you did your degree in and your second skills assessment clarifies that anyway doesn't it. Just explain it up front, this does not have to be a drama.