Hi all,

Looking for some advice on reapplying for a 189. Have just received a refusal notice for my original application as my skills assessment was dated after the date my visa invite (12 days!). I thought I had a valid skills assessment at the time of my EOI, but later realized Engineers Australia had omitted a year and a half worth of experience due to lack of evidence which put me below the required 3 years. I submitted further evidence to Engineers Australia to rectify this. My question is, seeing as how I unwittingly gave false information in my expression of interest, will this have on a negative impact on a new application. I have just submitted a new EOI. Absolutely gutted, thought we were in! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apology if I make mistakes in English, as I am from non English background, and coming from a third -world-Europian country will probably say something wrongly, but you will understand me ...

I empathy with you, as wee also made an innocent mistake in our EOI, but our CO did not ask for more evidence, and we had our medicals last week.I know that we made a slightly mistake,and I am interested if you got an instant refusal,or after medical and Pol. cert.?Just to know what wee can expect :)

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on reapplying for a 189. Have just received a refusal notice for my original application as my skills assessment was dated after the date my visa invite (12 days!). I thought I had a valid skills assessment at the time of my EOI, but later realized Engineers Australia had omitted a year and a half worth of experience due to lack of evidence which put me below the required 3 years. I submitted further evidence to Engineers Australia to rectify this. My question is, seeing as how I unwittingly gave false information in my expression of interest, will this have on a negative impact on a new application. I have just submitted a new EOI. Absolutely gutted, thought we were in! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Should be OK mate, honest but costly mistake.

I assume medicals were requested by your CO.If so, than I think you should be OK, they would have not asked for medicals if something was wrong on your application.

yes,medicals were requested by CO, so I assumed the same, that everything else is OK.Thank you for quick answer.

Hi..3 yrs ban for giving false info on EOI..Good luck!!!

Thanks for all the replies folks. No mention of anything in relation to reapplying on my refusal letter. Gtaark, can you expand on your experience please. When were you informed if your ban and what was the false information you supplied.

Jelena, i had my medical requested at the same time as my request for information. The fact that you've been asked for more evidence sounds positive. Mine was a flat refusal, no request for further evidence.

I can intentionally embellish my claims on my EOI to increase my points score and likelihood of getting an invitation.

There are some serious potential risks in providing false and misleading information in your EOI.

If you are invited to apply for a visa, the information in your EOI will be used as part of your visa application. You will then need to confirm your claims and submit evidence with your application.

If you provide false or misleading information on your EOI and receive an invitation based on this information, your application may be refused. If your visa application is refused you will lose your visa application charge and may also be subject to a bar which prevents the grant of a further visa.

Bar is usually 3 years

• 10 months later...

Hi

I really need help at this stge. I am in the same situation and it was an honest mistake again so my visa got refused. I would like to know whether you were able to re apply straight away and what was the consequence of everything. please tell me your story so that I can figure out what to do next. Have 10days to do it all.

Hey njs. reapplied for visa shortly after my refusal with the exact same evidence and got my grant in about 2 months. Had to repay the fee which was a bit of a pain but now in oz and it was all worth it! good luck with your application!

Hey njs. reapplied for visa shortly after my refusal with the exact same evidence and got my grant in about 2 months. Had to repay the fee which was a bit of a pain but now in oz and it was all worth it! good luck with your application!

Hi did you have to go offshore for it because of the clause 48 that says you cannot re apply if you do not have a substantive visa. We were on a bridging visa linked to the skilled application. So we are not sure if we have to go offshore.

Hi did you have to go offshore for it because of the clause 48 that says you cannot re apply if you do not have a substantive visa. We were on a bridging visa linked to the skilled application. So we are not sure if we have to go offshore.

You need some urgent assistance, you could be effectively without a visa now. I would consult a migration agent without delay.

I don't know that the previous poster was onshore, but I haven't re read the thread.

By the way better to start your own thread than resurrect an old one, people can get distracted by earlier threads and might even miss your posts.

You need some urgent assistance, you could be effectively without a visa now. I would consult a migration agent without delay.

I don't know that the previous poster was onshore, but I haven't re read the thread.

By the way better to start your own thread than resurrect an old one, people can get distracted by earlier threads and might even miss your posts.

Hi Rupert, thanks for your concern. We are allowed to be here for another 28days after that as we have the right to review it. I will start a new thread bt just wanted to question a familiar case and see what happened! We have consulted migration agents now and the best thing they said is to go offshore and re do everything thats why I wanted to see what happened. Thanls

Hi Rupert, thanks for your concern. We are allowed to be here for another 28days after that as we have the right to review it. I will start a new thread bt just wanted to question a familiar case and see what happened! We have consulted migration agents now and the best thing they said is to go offshore and re do everything thats why I wanted to see what happened. Thanls

Yes, but I don't think the other case was as complex as yours, as they did not mention applying on shore and being on bridging visa etc. I think they just applied too soon.

If you did apply before you had a skills assessment, then reviewing it won't change anything, it will definitely be a decline.

Edited by Rupert

Yes, but I don't think the other case was as complex as yours, as they did not mention applying on shore and being on bridging visa etc. I think they just applied too soon.

If you did apply before you had a skills assessment, then reviewing it won't change anything, it will definitely be a decline.

Hi usually a 189 is an onshore visa. So he would have been onshore and his case would have been the same. Just asking him if he had to go offshore but thanks rupert.

Hi usually a 189 is an onshore visa. So he would have been onshore and his case would have been the same. Just asking him if he had to go offshore but thanks rupert.

No a 189 is not an onshore visa, I expect most people are offshore when they apply for it.