Doubt in State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL) of South Australia

jyotikhtr

Dear All,

I just came to know through a friend that State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL) is in place now for people who have been positively assessed by their respective assessing authorities.

I have been positively assessed by Australian Computer Society on 28th Sept' 2011. My Code is 262113 (Systems Administrator) and have IELTS score of 7.5 Overall (L:9, R:7.5, S:6.5, W:7).

SNOL list for South Australia for my code says "Special Conditions Apply" which further refers to here.

I am sorry, I am finding this a little confusing. I have not submitted by EOI.

I think I make 60 points comfortably.

AGE 30 (25-32 years)

IELTS 0 (I dont have IELTS Score of 7 in each band)

Work Experience 15 (More than 5 Years of experience)

Qualification 15 (Bachelor Degree)

Sponsorship 5 (Not sure about this)

Please help me to figure out answers to these questions.

• Can I apply under State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL) in South Australia ?
  • Do I need to submit a EOI (Expression of Interest) to apply for State Nomination ?
  • Which Visa class would I come under for State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL) ?
  • What would be the cost for State Nomination from South Australia ?

Thanks in advance.

If special conditions apply for your occupation, you will need to be a recent graduate from SA, and meet the study requirement. If not you will not be eligible to apply.

Yes you need to submit an EOI, or you will not be invited, you can select the visas you are interested in. As your nominatied occupation is on SOL 1 and you meed the 60 points you can nominate 189 and 190. But you will need to find a state that has your occupation on their state occupation list to be able to apply for State Nomination.

190 - visa for State Nominated

You say you have over 5 years experience - 15 points. You need 8 years experience for the points.

It may be an option for you to resit the IELTS to get better scores, and you should hopefully be invited in the rounds of invitations for 189 visa.

Dear All,

I just came to know through a friend that State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL) is in place now for people who have been positively assessed by their respective assessing authorities.

I have been positively assessed by Australian Computer Society on 28th Sept' 2011. My Code is 262113 (Systems Administrator) and have IELTS score of 7.5 Overall (L:9, R:7.5, S:6.5, W:7).

SNOL list for South Australia for my code says "Special Conditions Apply" which further refers to here.

• Do I need to submit a EOI (Expression of Interest) ?

• Which Visa class would I come under for State Nominated Occupation List (SNOL) ?

Thanks in advance.

SA state nomination is free. Im more than sure everyone needs to submit EOI so u can then be invited to apply for visa.

Type of visa depends on your circumstances . Subclass 190 is permanent res for skilled workers (u if u have skills assessment) and want to be nomiated by a state. 189 visa is same as 190 but without the state nomination but i think harder to get unless u have higher points. Hope this is correct n helps u on your way.

SA state nomination is free. Im more than sure everyone needs to submit EOI so u can then be invited to apply for visa.

Type of visa depends on your circumstances . Subclass 190 is permanent res for skilled workers (u if u have skills assessment) and want to be nomiated by a state. 189 visa is same as 190 but without the state nomination but i think harder to get unless u have higher points. Hope this is correct n helps u on your way.

Many thanks Cairnzees. I do have a positive skills assessment. Do we need to have a EOI submitted before going for State Sponsorship or both can be done simultaneously.

Dear All,

• Do I need to submit a EOI (Expression of Interest) to apply for State Nomination ?

Thanks in advance.

if you have more than 5 years experience and less than 8 years, you will get only 10 points. not 15.

15 is for more than 8 years experienced.

SA gives sponsorship only to recent graduates from SA if the occupation availability is 'Special conditions apply'.

Otherwise they will refuse your application.

NSW lowered their IELTS requirements.

you can try that also.

Good luck!

Many thanks lebourvellec. What is the cost to lodge EOI ? I believe I need to go to this link to submit EOI.

Regards,

Vikas

same occupation as you. I just now lodge SS with NSW $300. I suggest you do the same. Not sure on occupational ceiling, but NSW emailed me saying processing takes 4-6 weeks.

my points are EXACTLY how you claimed also. Better hurry.

Dear All,

Many many thanks to everyone for such valuable information. I owe you all for this.

Here, I think I stand at 55 points which

AGE 30 (25-32 years)

IELTS 0 (I dont have IELTS Score of 7 in each band but 7.5 overall)

Work Experience 10 (More than 5 Years of experience)

Qualification 15 (Bachelor Degree)

I believe, I would get an extra 5 points after successful State Sponsorship from NSW (hopefully) which will make my points sum to 60. Earlier, NSW wished to have 7 in speaking and rest above 6.5 for State Sponsorships. I guess things have changed for good :biggrin:

I hope I am on the right track and cover all the basic eligibility criteria for 190 VISA.

How long is the state sponsorship valid ?

Please suggest, if all set, I would start making all the formalities right away.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jyoti

Dear All,

Many many thanks to everyone for such valuable information. I owe you all for this.

Here, I think I stand at 55 points which

I believe, I would get an extra 5 points after successful State Sponsorship from NSW (hopefully) which will make my points sum to 60. Earlier, NSW wished to have 7 in speaking and rest above 6.5 for State Sponsorships. I guess things have changed for good :biggrin:

I hope I am on the right track and cover all the basic eligibility criteria for 190 VISA.

How long is the state sponsorship valid ?

Please suggest, if all set, I would start making all the formalities right away.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jyoti

I would suggest to apply for NSW SS now before it's too late. They are being flooded with applications every day

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visa-and-migration/skills-in-demand

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/25147/Revised-Occupations-Sponsored-by-NSW-2012-19.11.12.pdf

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0014/24053/nsw_mig_form3_201207.pdf

A very big THANK YOU for ALL (specially bubbe2005) for your advices.

I have started filling EOI.

I am being asked this at the 4th step. How to answer this ?

[h=2]Family members[/h] Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?* help-icon.png

Yes No

Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application?* help-icon.png

Yes No

In future, I wish to immigrate with my wife and mother. Both are not dependent on me as of now. But my mother would retire soon and will be dependent on me then.

Also, if all goes well, I would not like to file the visa immediately for them.

My plans are like.. get a working VISA for myself and my wife (Has an IELTS Score of 6+ in all 4 bands). And then apply VISA for my mother who has less functional English and I will have to pay AUD 4250 for her VISA as per this link.

Is there a possibility to apply permanent VISA or a long term tourist VISA for my mother later (6-8 months after I immigrate) ?

Forgive my ignorance on this.

Regards,

Jyoti

Is there a possibility to apply permanent VISA or a long term tourist VISA for my mother later (6-8 months after I immigrate) ?
The longest term tourist visa someone can get is 12 months, which will include no further stay condition.

You should include your wife on your 190 application, her being dependent on you is not a condition of a spouse, you need to show that you are in a genuine and committed relationship. If you are married, and live together this is all which should be required.

As for your mother, you would need to show that your mother is fully dependent on you for all her basic needs for a period of time before you lodged your application

Remember there is a one fail all fail rule.

Once an application has been granted no further dependents can be added, and they would need to be eligible and apply for there own visa.

For the sake of your Mother, it would be a Parent visa, but half of her children must live in Australia, and you must be settled in Australia, which is usually after you have been living for 2 years. The contributory parent visa is very expensive, and the parent visa has a very long wait 12-15 years.

You should speak to a RMA regarding if your mother is eligible to be included on your GSM as a dependent, but from what you have posted that she is not retired, I would think not.

Many thanks lebourvellec.

The longest term tourist visa someone can get is 12 months, which will include no further stay condition.

Can I get a tourist visa again after the expiry of the first visa i.e. 12 months ? Just a thought.

You should include your wife on your 190 application, her being dependent on you is not a condition of a spouse, you need to show that you are in a genuine and committed relationship. If you are married, and live together this is all which should be required.

Yes, I have a marriage certificate and our passports bear each others name.

As for your mother, you would need to show that your mother is fully dependent on you for all her basic needs for a period of time before you lodged your application.
My mother is a divorcee and she is dependent on me for all reasons (except financial) as we have a small family of just 3.

Once an application has been granted no further dependents can be added, and they would need to be eligible and apply for there own visa.
Here application is being referred to EOI application or VISA application ?

For the sake of your Mother, it would be a Parent visa, but half of her children must live in Australia, and you must be settled in Australia, which is usually after you have been living for 2 years.
Not sure for how many months can she visit on tourist visas.

The contributory parent visa is very expensive, and the parent visa has a very long wait 12-15 years.
This is out of question.

You should speak to a RMA regarding if your mother is eligible to be included on your GSM as a dependent, but from what you have posted that she is not retired, I would think not.
Who is RMA ?

Many thanks lebourvellec.

Can I get a tourist visa again after the expiry of the first visa i.e. 12 months ? Just a thought.
Unlikely - would need to be out of Australia for a period of time before another one was granted. Have seen Parents spend 6 months in Australia, 6 months out, without any problems, therefore spending 12 months in Australia, there would need to be a period of time out of Australia before another visa would be granted.

My mother is a divorcee and she is dependent on me for all reasons (except financial) as we have a small family of just 3.

Unlikely to meet this criteria to be included as a dependent, you need to provide evidence

"depend on you for financial support for their basic needs and you have supported them for a substantial period"

Here application is being referred to EOI application or VISA application ?

Visa application, you can say yes to both questions on EOI if you want, what is in visa application will be taking in to consideration.

Not sure for how many months can she visit on tourist visas.

Visitor visas are 3, 6 or 12 months

This is out of question.
If not able to include on your 190 application, these would be the only option

Who is RMA ?
Registered Migration Agent

Archived