Heath Ledger found dead!

Guest claireamor

Guest claireamor

I can’t believe it – one of my favourite actors, Heath Ledger was found dead today it’s saying on the news. He was originally from Perth, and I’ve loved almost ever film he’s been in. What a waste – such a talented young man.

RIP Heath!

OMG, what a shame, he was great, and with his new film Dark knight, everyone was raving about how good he was in it.

its always drugs nowadays, nobody seems to learn.

Guest beverley

i have just heard the news. Cant believe he died hes only a year older than me.

What a waste of such an amazing talent. And hes got a baby girl, such a terrible shame.

So so sad such a shame & a waste of a talented actor & what ever must his family be feeling right now - i really feel for his little girl Matilda Rose who is only 2

Heath Ledger found dead at NY apartment

Wednesday Jan 23 13:00 AEDT

2301_ledger10_lg_g.jpg

YOUR SAY: Australia mourns actor's shock death

By Shaun Davies

ninemsn

Heath Ledger's family has bravely faced the media in Perth to express their grief at the "accidental" death of their son in New York.

Ledger's father Kim, mother Sally and sister Kate described Ledger, who was found dead of a suspected drug overdose earlier today, as "down-to-earth, generous, kindhearted [and] life-loving". Watch the video

a.gifspace.gif"We, Heath's family, confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda" Kim Ledger said, reading from a prepared statement.

"He was found peacefully asleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper at ... 3.30pm, US time.

"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his life, but few have had the pleasure of truly knowing him."

"Please now respect our family's need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately."

Ledger was sick with pneumonia when he died, according to reports.

The 28-year-old actor's body was found at a residence in Broome St, SoHo, by a housekeeper and a masseuse at 3.31pm local time (7.31am AEDT).

His body was removed from the building on a stretcher in a black body bag.

The housekeeper and masseuse reportedly found Ledger naked and unconscious on a bed, with prescription and non-prescription pills on a night table next to him.

Bottles of the anti-anxiety drugs Diazempam and Alprazolam were reportedly found at the apartment.

Paramedics who attended the scene found the actor in full cardiac arrest, and unsuccessfully attempted to perform CPR. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Apparently, his mum lives in Applecross which isn't too far from us. I took Alex out for lunch today and lots of people were shocked at the news - particularly him being a local lad. There's going to be tons of speculation isn't there, one report said that he'd been having alot of trouble sleeping since his last movie role and even with medication he was awake again within the hour.

Ali

The BBC news this morning said it was accidental overdose on sleeping pills. It wasnt drugs drugs if you know what i mean, i spose the next few days will be filled with speculation. My son was a bit upset as he really liked his films and was really looking forward to the new batman film. Told him it was sleeping pills and an accident rather than serious drugs, it seemed to help.

So sorry for his family and his little girl

Guest claire&fred

I'm gutted, so gutted. I have watched all of his films. Brokeback Mountain was an amazing film (for me, others might feel differently). What a loss of such a talent. Has made me feel very sad (and I have to admit, I cried)

Claire

This really is so sad!! We have been watching the TV tonight and they have said that they are expecting him to be nominated for an Oscar next year for his role in Batman!!

I just feel for his poor family and his beautiful daughter....I mean how do you explain that??

Deb xx

Archived