Flights booked!

bluechris1975

One-way tickets to Oz are definitely the most exciting things I've ever bought :-)

House rented out - tick!

Job quit - tick!

Now our flights are booked and paid for, so we just have to pack up our lives in 9 weeks, find a job, school for the kids and somewhere to live...best get on with it!

Guest katie007
aren't open return tickets expensive??

flying from US, single trip tickets are no cheaper than return tickets.

London to Brisbane Return with Singapore Airlines is:

• London

• Brisbane

• GBP 1,090

• 2nd December 2012 to Open Return

One way with same airline is:

• Q317 Singapore Airlines (Airbus Industrie A380-800)

• Departs London (LHR) 10:55 (05 Dec)

• Arrives Singapore (SIN) 07:35 (06 Dec)

• Layover time 1hrs 55mins

GBP 969.79

Q? to you both, was there much difference in cost in One way compared to 12-Months Open Return? did you ask this?

No, I got a migrant flight, so you're not allowed a return. It was a massive discount versus the same flight booked through an online flight supermarket (plus double baggage allowance), so we didn't look at any other options

No, I got a migrant flight, so you're not allowed a return. It was a massive discount versus the same flight booked through an online flight supermarket (plus double baggage allowance), so we didn't look at any other options

never heard of a migrant flight before;but where did you book your flight if you don't mind me asking please?

With your grant letter you are given information with IOM (International Organization for Migration) , that can give reduced deals on fairs and increased baggage allowance.

Singapore Airlines gives 40kg luggage allowance for a un-validated PR visa.

Bubble2005 - if you are flying USA-Aus through LA I m sure you will get 50kg luggage allowance as standard?

Guest katie007

Thats a New one..please tell us more Migrant Flight???

This sounds very interesting! I've just been looking at flights as we're hoping to make the move next June. Do you mind me asking who you booked your flights through and how much cheaper they were? Flight prices for one way flights on the Qantas website are coming out around £600 from Manchester to Perth.

ive just googled migrant flights and the Qantas website says you need to contact your local Qantas office - is this what you had to do?

Guest katie007
This sounds very interesting! I've just been looking at flights as we're hoping to make the move next June. Do you mind me asking who you booked your flights through and how much cheaper they were? Flight prices for one way flights on the Qantas website are coming out around £600 from Manchester to Perth.

ive just googled migrant flights and the Qantas website says you need to contact your local Qantas office - is this what you had to do?

http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/airfares.htm

Guest katie007

No Price but read the fine Print:

With the Qantas special migrant fare you can benefit from:

• Great one-way economy class fares to Australia or New Zealand†
  • Baggage allowance of up to 40 kilos per person†
  • Stopovers in the Far East - including Hong Kong, Singapore and Bangkok when booked by phone‡
  • Premium Economy and Business migrant fares also available to Australia

† Fares and baggage allowance only permitted to those in possession of the following unused visa types to Australia: Temporary Business Long Stay - Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457), Medical Practitioner visa (subclass 422), Educational visa (subclass 418), Investor Retirement (subclass 405), Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 121/856), Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 119/857), Skilled Independent (subclass 175), Skilled sponsored (subclass176), Skilled sponsored (subclass 475)and New Zealand: Skilled Migrant Visa, LBTV Visa, Investor Visa, Work to residence Visa and Temporary Work Visa. Applicable on Qantas operated services only ex London to Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington and Queenstown. Terms and conditions apply.

‡ To book your itinerary with stopovers please contact Qantas on 0208 600 4342. Additional airport taxes and fees may be required for additional stopovers and/or alternative routings. Stopovers not permitted in Australia when travelling to New Zealand.

For queries regarding migrant fares please contact Qantas

Bubble2005 - if you are flying USA-Aus through LA I m sure you will get 50kg luggage allowance as standard?

Yeh I'm sure, but we won't be taking too much luggage with us :) and I'm thinking of flying from NYC to Adelaide cause it's cheaper than flying from LAX.

I'll definitely be looking into this once I have my visa grant (fingers crossed). The extra baggage allowance will be a real benefit!

You email IOM with the dates that you wish to travel they give you a few options but it may not be the exact dates that you ask for.

Also not sure if the offer is still on - but if you open an account with ANZ you can get 50kg baggage allowance if you book your flights with Emirates.

http://www.anz.com/unitedkingdom/en/personal/moving-new-zealand/anz-associates/

No, I did what lebourvellec described. And these flights are not just with Qantas - we had various quotes from Emirates and BA too.

In terms of price, our flights would have been over £4K on skyscanner.net and we paid less than £2.5K. This was for 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant.

Hope this helps.

No, I did what lebourvellec described. And these flights are not just with Qantas - we had various quotes from Emirates and BA too.

In terms of price, our flights would have been over £4K on skyscanner.net and we paid less than £2.5K. This was for 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant.

Hope this helps.

it kinda helps. whats the exact website link if you have it or the contact number....that would really help :)

This info is in Visa Grant Important Information Letter

Travel to Australia

Having been granted visas to enter Australia, you must make your own travel arrangements and

pay your own airfares. However, you may be eligible for a special reduced one-way economy

fare, as well as a more generous baggage allowance.

These concessions, which may be available to prospective migrants through the International

Organization for Migration, are the result of negotiations with a large number of international

carriers on designated routes.

To receive more information on International Organization for Migration concessional fares,

baggage allowance and eligibility criteria, please contact International Organization for Migration

Email ........ or visit their website at http://www.iom.int.

Handed in notice - Tick

Job interview lined up for the day after we arrive - Tick

House in UK under offer (10k above what the agent told us to put it on the market for....)

Booked flights to Perth, one way, 2 adults 1 kid 1 infant £2,300 - Tick (Mid December)

Got passports back from Oz Embassy in London with Visa stickers in, now defo getting double baggage from Singapore airlines!

#Winning

Archived