189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Thanks!

I don't know how to change my signature, I write my timeline here:

EOI invitation (60 points, Architect, onshore): 03.06.2013

189 visa application: 21.06.2013

Medicals: 14.06.2013

PCC (Italy, Australia): 17.06.2013

CO contact (Team 7, Adelaide): 26.08.2013, she requested my Australian PCC. The e-visa system has lost them.

Grant: 26.08.2013. 1 hour after I sent the requested document!

Congrats ..That was quick:)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations! Time to celebrate!

Hopefully your right about only claiming the Australian work experience cause that's what I have done.

Stevie ,sorry if I missed it, but are u currently in UK/AUS ?Also how were u informed that your medicals were referred?

Hey Guys I need a lil info.

I am ready to send my CDR to EA for assessment

I have 2.5 years of experiance after my bachalors and 4 yrs before

so i wanna know at the time of sending CDR i need 3 yrs to get 5 points on experiance or it can be done while submittal of EOI

Can i send my CDR now with 2.5 yrs of experiance ?

Please help

Hi apra216

I had my skills approved by EA, but because my degree was completed in the UK, I didn't have to complete a CDR because of my degree being an accredited engineering qualification (I had to fill up the Sydney accord application form).

I'm no expert, but I think you can only claim relevant experience POST qualifications. So you can only claim 2.5 yrs experience, therefore you wouldn't be able to claim the 5 points (as your lacking the 3 years)

Also on an EOI, you can only claim points that you currently have. Don't even consider claiming points that you don't currently have, as this could result in your application being rejected. If you are claiming points for your skills, then you need to have the EA approval letter prior to submitting an EOI

Stevie ,sorry if I missed it, but are u currently in UK/AUS ?Also how were u informed that your medicals were referred?

Hi Shreya10,

No worries, I did leave you a comm but I know the amount of posts left on this thread can result in missed comms.

I am currently in the UK :sad: can't wait to get back.

2 days after doing our medicals, my wife's organise health link disappeared to 'no health examination required for this applicant based ... etc but my organise health link was still there.

I contacted health strategies and they confirmed that my wifes has been cleared, but mine is still waiting to be assessed by the MOC (referred).

To be honest, I was expecting mine to referred because I suffered ill health over a year ago. All good now thankfully :biggrin:

Pleased to have lodged our visa and uploaded all documents with the exception of medicals which are scheduled from Wednesday and police checks that we are waiting to receive...

Now the waiting game begins!!

hi AU57EN,

i think my case is very similar to yours. i am on my 457 visa. My skills assessment granted by AIQS and lodged my 189 visa on 24 August. may i ask a question that after i lodging my application, i cannnot find place for me to upload my supporting document or i just need to uploade those document while requested?

cheers,

hi AU57EN,

i think my case is very similar to yours. i am on my 457 visa. My skills assessment granted by AIQS and lodged my 189 visa on 24 August. may i ask a question that after i lodging my application, i cannnot find place for me to upload my supporting document or i just need to uploade those document while requested?

cheers,

Hello CNLCHAN.

You can start uploading your documents once you apply for your VISA irrespective whether a CO is assigned or not. You are just making sure you have uploaded enough evidence supporting your claim for points.

Link to upload your docs is here.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login

Cheers.

Hello CNLCHAN.

You can start uploading your documents once you apply for your VISA irrespective whether a CO is assigned or not. You are just making sure you have uploaded enough evidence supporting your claim for points.

Link to upload your docs is here.

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/elp/app?login

Cheers.

hi freakedass,

i got it...thx a lot....

cheers

Hi Shreya10,

No worries, I did leave you a comm but I know the amount of posts left on this thread can result in missed comms.

I am currently in the UK :sad: can't wait to get back.

2 days after doing our medicals, my wife's organise health link disappeared to 'no health examination required for this applicant based ... etc but my organise health link was still there.

I contacted health strategies and they confirmed that my wifes has been cleared, but mine is still waiting to be assessed by the MOC (referred).

To be honest, I was expecting mine to referred because I suffered ill health over a year ago. All good now thankfully :biggrin:

Hi Stevie ,Just a bit confused over diff betwn health strategies and MOC.Whom to the reports initially go to ?which number did u call on ?Could you please give me some more details?

Hey all,

I just called up and got news that my file has been assigned a Team 4 in adelaide. According to what i've read from these forums thats the fastest team to grant visas. I was wondering how long would it take to get assigned a CO once ur been assigned a team? any thoughts?

Hey all,

I just called up and got news that my file has been assigned a Team 4 in adelaide. According to what i've read from these forums thats the fastest team to grant visas. I was wondering how long would it take to get assigned a CO once ur been assigned a team? any thoughts?

Hi vd12 ,

Please update us on ur timeline ,which visa,offshore/onshore ?,meds,pcc ,etc ?

It used to be beneficial if you have uploaded all supporting docs before co allotment as Doing this would expedite the decision which means a quicker grant .

But now for some reason , 189 visas take around 8 full weeks and maybe even 10 weeks after all verifications am confirmations have been done .

For 189 , the DIAC normally ends up assigning case officers only on the last day of the 8 weeks probably just to maintain processing standards . This means there's a huge list of applicants to be processed . So this has been happening from around may 2013 and so for your case Amanda, expect grant Only by around 25th August or maybe a week or two later if all documents sent have been cleared.

Now you can take your decision in what should be done further according to your situation .... And maybe I think migration agents can help with this too -- I think they're there to sort out issues like this as they might have experience in various cases .

A spot on prediction there, Ranjith. I have just had a call from our visa agent. We got our grant over the weekend! Thrilled as you would imagine.

A spot on prediction there, Ranjith. I have just had a call from our visa agent. We got our grant over the weekend! Thrilled as you would imagine.

Congratulations Amanda, you must be other the moon :D

Do you have any idea if your links to medicals had changed, etc?? We logged our application 2 days prior to you and still no news of grant :(

Thanks Debs x x

Sorry Debs, no idea. As we used a visa agent we haven't been able to look. We didn't even know we had been allocated a CO. take comfort in knowing that your grant must be on its way...soon!

Get busy with other things. I am just looking at a list of things to do before we leave at the end of October. Omg, how will I find time to go to work??

hang on in there x

Thanks guys....its just so hard waiting up every morning checking my e-mail and nothing :( Amanda we also have an agent, but I go on and have check of my application :)

We are also hoping to be going end of October...so fingers crossed grant will be with us soon!

I'm looking to apply for the 189 visa and have claimed 10 points on my EOI for previous experience. Occupation Structural Engineer.

My question is Skillselect says that DIAC may ask for the Assessing Authority to provide an opinion on the relevance of my experience but I believe their only requirements for substantiating my claim is to provide references citing the dates employed, duties performed and salary received. What is the likelihood of them asking me to get Engineers Australia to provide an opinion because if they do it'll take nearly 4 months to get that (their current turnaround for these requests)

Thanks

May be worth checking out the skill list to see which organisation is the nominated authority to verify skills. Best to get in touch with them. I thought it was mandatory...

EOI invitation (60 points, Engineer, onshore): 06.05.2013

189 visa application: 28.06.2013

Medicals: not done yet

PCC (India, Australia): 20.010.2012

Wifes PCC (India): 13.04.2013

CO contact (Team 4, Adelaide): 27.08.2013, Just informed that I have been assigned to a team...not to a CO yet

Edited by vd12

congratulations Amanda! one of my friends got his grant (190) yesterday. hope all of us june applicants get ours by end of this week... nevertheless, it's fun whining together :wacko:

Yeah,i wish the same.BTW syeem ,my husband did medicals around the same time as yours 15 aug ,his organise link is still thr .How abt u ?

Yeah,i wish the same.BTW syeem ,my husband did medicals around the same time as yours 15 aug ,his organise link is still thr .How abt u ?

Both mine and my wify's "Have an orgasm with your Health bla bla bla" link's still there... :SLEEP:

Hi Stevie ,Just a bit confused over diff betwn health strategies and MOC.Whom to the reports initially medical which number did u call on ?Could you please give me some more details?

Hi Shreya10

I'm not surprised your a bit confused. I'm confused about the whole system. Like where is my grant?? Lol

Global health are responsible for the processing of meds. In other words, when your panel clinic uploads the results, they are processed by global health. If you get an A grade by the doctor, that particular medical will (usually) be auto cleared by the system. However, if you are graded B, then this will trigger on the system causing it automatically being referred, to be cleared by a medical proffesional.

Like i said, global health are responsible for processing meds and if referred they are placed in a queue to be double checked by medical experts (MOC).

I emailed them to find out the statues. They were very quick to respond. The following day actually.

Health.strategies@immi.gov.au

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on

EOI invitation (60 points, Engineer, onshore): 06.05.2013

189 visa application: 28.06.2013

Medicals: not done yet

PCC (India, Australia): 20.010.2012

Wifes PCC (India): 13.04.2013

CO contact (Team 4, Adelaide): 27.08.2013, Just informed that I have been assigned to a team...not to a CO yet

Hi ,

Did u rang DIAC?how were u informed u were assigned a team ?