Do not book with SA! Disaster!!!

Missus B

I am due to fly on Sunday with Singapore Airlines. I have an ENS 121 Permanent Residency Visa. According to SA, I am entitled to 40kgs baggage allowance for first time validation. They have now stated I am not allowed 40kgs as they do not consider the ENS 121 to be a permanent residency visa. I have sent them a copy of the visa and some jobs worth in Passenger Services has stated it is not a permanent visa. I have emailed them the DIAC guidelines for this visa. They are still stating it is not a permanent visa.

I now have to arrange to fly a suitcase with another carrier at the cost of £250.

Think very carefully before booking with them. I will never ever book with them again after this fiasco. The customer service is appalling and I have spent 3 hours today on the phone to someone in India, to no avail.:realmad:

Am I missing something here? Is the ENS 121 no longer a permanent visa???

Sorry I don't know anything about the 121 visa.

SA are not giving me 40kg either, but they did give me 30kg in what they call a 'good will gesture' I will be taking a copy of the email confirming this with me to the airport.

Try seven seas or other shippers for shipping a suitcase. I think you might be able to get it over there for around £100. You could leave it behind with a friend and have them collect it early next week?

Millie x

Sorry I don't know anything about the 121 visa.

SA are not giving me 40kg either, but they did give me 30kg in what they call a 'good will gesture' I will be taking a copy of the email confirming this with me to the airport.

Try seven seas or other shippers for shipping a suitcase. I think you might be able to get it over there for around £100. You could leave it behind with a friend and have them collect it early next week?

Millie x

I was going to suggest that, although it might be cheaper to unpack and put into boxes. Suitcases are more expensive than boxes. sorry MissusB sounds awful!!!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/

You can call them in the UK I am sure. I'll see if I can find the number.

ETA - Did you call this number? Email that also with the link to the immigration webpage and point out the permanent visa bit and ask them if you can have the double allowance? If you've not already emailed this anyways, might be worth a shot.

Reservations Email

uk_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg

Other Enquires Email

uk_feedback@singaporeair.com.sg

Reservations

020 8961 6993

Operating hours

London Town Office is an administration office ONLY.

For Reservations or Ticketing enquiries, please phone 020 8961 6993 or visit the Ticket Sales Desk at London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 3 which is open daily 0800 - 2100 hours

What does this visa let me do?

This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

Australian permanent residents can:

live and work in Australia on a permanent basis

The above from the immi website

Looks permanent to me. I would ring them again, other than that try collectmyparcel.com. I think they are still around, I used them a couple of years ago, about £70-80 for 17 kg, plus $60 for quarantine inspection in Aus. A lot cheaper ghat what you are looking at.

Even the Aus immigration website states its a permanent visa. I don't know but perhaps SA have a list of visa types/numbers that they recognise and this isn't on there.

:(((

Who are you using to ship the extra bag?

What they have said is that they can see it is a permanent visa, but as it states that it allows a travel facility in and out of Australia for a period of up to 5 years, they said it is not a permanent visa:wacko:

Nobody I spoke to seems to have a clue. I'm taking print outs from the DIAC with me to the airport in the vain hope that they will give me the allowance. But as I am code sharing with British Airways, I doubt there is anything I can do.

I'm just using a group in Dublin Airport. It's gonna cos me around £180 but I'll have it in 3 days. I haven't managed to get a cheaper quote and at least I'll have it sooner rather than later.

Wow, they really are going on the small print.

I wonder why they didn't offer a bit of excess as a goodwill, they usually do. Unless they are cracking down on that now.

Wow, they really are going on the small print.

I wonder why they didn't offer a bit of excess as a goodwill, they usually do. Unless they are cracking down on that now.

I think had I managed to speak to someone in the UK, they may have been a bit more sympathetic. here were definite communication problems. I was literally in tears on the phone. My accommodation fell through 2 days ago and I had to organize something else quickly, now this. I think it all got too much and I started blubbing.:cry:

Oh no. What a nightmare for you. We are flying with SA on 23rd Oct. We are on 457 visas so only entitled to 20kg. Emigratings stressful enough without all of this aggro. Xx

Don't I know it. Am sucking wine through a straw at the minute:twitcy::yes:

I'm sure you'll be fine though. I just don't seem to have the luck of the Irish at the minute...:eek:

Don't I know it. Am sucking wine through a straw at the minute:twitcy::yes:

I'm sure you'll be fine though. I just don't seem to have the luck of the Irish at the minute...:eek:

Ah, it'll all pass and you'll be out the other end and in Bris and on the road before you know it. In a few years you'll look back and be able to laugh about the dramatic few days before you left. But living in that sort of thing at the time is total crap.

Take care and have a good flight :) Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

It's probably that SA have an internal list of visa's that they are referring to, that list has probably been updated since July so the ENS121 is the old subclass and is probably not on the new list since its been replaced by the 186.

I would be complaining or make a complaint, maybe you will get something out of them if shout enough.

What they have said is that they can see it is a permanent visa, but as it states that it allows a travel facility in and out of Australia for a period of up to 5 years, they said it is not a permanent visa:wacko:

What a load of tosh they are talking! All the permanent visas have a "travel facility in and out of Australia for 5 years". i.e. are valid for five years and the holder can come and go as they please.

What a load of tosh they are talking! All the permanent visas have a "travel facility in and out of Australia for 5 years". i.e. are valid for five years and the holder can come and go as they please.

I explained this til I was blue in the face. I honestly can't get over how stupid these people are. I emailed them links to the DIAC explaining this but they wouldn't budge.

My thoughts exactly. What does this idiot think it is - 5 yrs imprisonment then you're allowed your first holiday for good behaviour.

I must say though, I am amazed with Singpore Airlines because they are always one of the better ones. Keep trying at the airport because I'm sure this is just one idiot who doesn't have a clue.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the luggage. It doesn't actually surprise me as in my experience SA has some of the worst customer service for women around. I have to fly with them every 3 weeks for work and I watch them fawn over men, tending to their every need while often ignoring requests from female passengers, particularly single travellers.

Guest The Pom Queen

I was just going to say this, when we came out many moons ago on the 136 you get the 5 years after which you have to apply for the RRV. Could you try emailing them, they may reply over the weekend and then you have it in writing.

Guest The Pom Queen
I explained this til I was blue in the face. I honestly can't get over how stupid these people are. I emailed them links to the DIAC explaining this but they wouldn't budge.

The thing is they work from a script, you need someone higher up. Just wait until you get here and have to ring one of the call centres :mad:

Archived