October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

Guest colinmac

Hi all.

Received word from WA with regards to state sponsorship on Tues 9th. Successful...:biggrin:. Printed off documents signed and then uploaded the signed documentation. Wed 10th checked my mail and found invitation to apply for our Visa ...So sat down yesterday morning and filled out the online visa. Everything seemed pretty straight forward. However i have checked our online Visa this morning and there seems to be a few errors and i was wondering if anyone can help.

Next to each applicant there are Recommended attachments for upload. My OH , the main applicant has been requested to send document to support Australian study requirement and Australian work experience. We never indicated on her EOI or 190 Application that she was claiming these. Also on both our childrens application it is asking for proof of their defacto relationship when we clearly stated they were both single. My Question;

Are these recommended attachments an automatically generated response from DIAC ?

Do we attach the Documents we think they require at this moment in time and wait until our C/O has been allocated to ask the question or do we contact Diac to inform them.

Thanks for your help

Colin & Alison

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend attaching your documents now as this will inevitably mean fast processing (i.e. your case officer doesn't have to request these from you).

The new system isn't the most user-friendly (and we're used to this!) - just look at the 'Progress' of the document on the list as this may say 'Received' meaning it's not required. One of our clients had a Skills Assessment on the document list for their baby. I'd like to see that! It does say 'Received' in the progress so we just ignored.

Edited by MigrateOz

Hi All. Just after a little advice. Got a message on Skill Select this morning saying there had been Initial Contact from Government of WA thanking me for my State Sponsorship App and that it will now be assigned to a case officer. Anyone let me know what sort of timeline is involved for a decision from now?

Be great to get the SS and the invite sorted and get on the thread full time. Fingers Crossed!!

Hi everyone. We have been granted SS by SA and will also be applying by the end of the month. I have tried to complete the application online but can't get past page 4. I have emailed to report the problem but will try again tonight. No joy and I'll be up very early tomorrow to try and get someone on the phone to talk me through it. Good luck everyone!

Hi All. Just after a little advice. Got a message on Skill Select this morning saying there had been Initial Contact from Government of WA thanking me for my State Sponsorship App and that it will now be assigned to a case officer. Anyone let me know what sort of timeline is involved for a decision from now?

Be great to get the SS and the invite sorted and get on the thread full time. Fingers Crossed!!

Hi Kev Rad,I received my WA SS approval the day after the initial contact. I am sure yours is on the way. Best of luck:)

Guest colinmac

Hi Kev

I initially sent my WA application on the 18th Aug and received the email from them on the 18th Sept. So all and all around 4 weeks. Once i had signed and emailed the agreement back that evening i received notification from DIAC the next morning to proceed with our application. Hope this helps.

Hi all.

Received word from WA with regards to state sponsorship on Tues 9th. Successful...:biggrin:. Printed off documents signed and then uploaded the signed documentation. Wed 10th checked my mail and found invitation to apply for our Visa ...So sat down yesterday morning and filled out the online visa. Everything seemed pretty straight forward. However i have checked our online Visa this morning and there seems to be a few errors and i was wondering if anyone can help.

Next to each applicant there are Recommended attachments for upload. My OH , the main applicant has been requested to send document to support Australian study requirement and Australian work experience. We never indicated on her EOI or 190 Application that she was claiming these. Also on both our childrens application it is asking for proof of their defacto relationship when we clearly stated they were both single. My Question;

Are these recommended attachments an automatically generated response from DIAC ?

Do we attach the Documents we think they require at this moment in time and wait until our C/O has been allocated to ask the question or do we contact Diac to inform them.

Thanks for your help

Colin & Alison

Hi I have these as well against our application I am also of the mind thatthey are generated and once case officer is assigned all will be revealed.

We received ACT sponsorship on 15 Oct, visa applied same day now uploading docs in preparation and meds booked for Monday 22nd Oct and police checks being sent off wednesday.

:ssign5:,

I am also in the same boat like few others in this thread.

VIC SS received - 11th October

VISA Launched - 12th October

Ack from DIAC - 15th October

Medical done - 16th October

AFP Applied - 16th October

Now fingers crossed ,waiting for a CO to be assigned.

I hear people saying it would take approx 4 weeks so waiting for it :ssign12:

Guest thilinar8

hi i have applied visa on 5th October/ ACK received on 11th October/ medical done on 11th October: But still my doctor couldn't complete application due to some system issue?

whom i have contact?

Hi guys, I'm just waiting for the dreaded TRA to finalise my skills assessment then I'll be putting in my 190 EOI.

I was just wondering how many points any of you had when you applied? I hit 60 without any points for employment length being claimed, although I should get 5 or 10 for it. One migration agent I spoke to told me as long as I've got 60 then that's all that matters, there is no ranking system for higher points getting first invites. So I'm just curious if there's any truth in what I've been told.

Thanks

We got our 189 visa accepted yesterday with 75 points!

That's great news, but you said 189? I'm not sure if 189's are being ranked on most points receiving invites whereas 190's are automatically getting invites once receiving state nomination as long as the 60 point mark is reached, hence my question on the 190 thread.

Hi guys, I'm just waiting for the dreaded TRA to finalise my skills assessment then I'll be putting in my 190 EOI.

I was just wondering how many points any of you had when you applied? I hit 60 without any points for employment length being claimed, although I should get 5 or 10 for it. One migration agent I spoke to told me as long as I've got 60 then that's all that matters, there is no ranking system for higher points getting first invites. So I'm just curious if there's any truth in what I've been told.

Thanks

Hi gbuss, I had 75 including SS on my EOI. I believe your agent may be right, i have seen people with 60 points getting an invite once their SS is approved. Furthermore there is no scheduled invitations for 190, its throughout the year, this is my understanding. Hope that helps.

Hi all,

Congrats to all who got there sponsorship. I recently submitted my EOI on 04th October and applied for the sponsorship on to SA under 190 category on 09th october. I would also like to join this group.

I have a question, normally how long does the process take for the state to contact you regarding the application?

Thanks

Hi gbuss,

I had exactly 60 points when i applied for the State Sponsorship to SA last week. I think it should not be a problem and your employment claim will add on to it. Good luck with the TRA approval. :)