Whats the crack with changing your UK driving license??

CROWDED HOUSE

Anybody tell me what and where in perth i need to be getting my UK driving license changed to an Aussi one? Heading out to Bays water mid next week.

Many Thanks :notworthy:

We were just there today,

Corner Troode Street and Plaistowe Mews,

City West, West Perth WA 6005.

Had to get the ticket and wait for about 20 minutes, so what you need is passport, current UK driving license, bank statement proving your address and 2 other forms of ID,

We got the train from the city on the fremantle line, first stop city west is where you get off and its no more than a 3 minute walk.

We were just there today,

Corner Troode Street and Plaistowe Mews,

City West, West Perth WA 6005.

Had to get the ticket and wait for about 20 minutes, so what you need is passport, current UK driving license, bank statement proving your address and 2 other forms of ID,

We got the train from the city on the fremantle line, first stop city west is where you get off and its no more than a 3 minute walk.

Thanks for that, Its a big help.

:biggrin:

You dont have to change it over staright away,some visa's dont require you to change it all, However its is such a good form of ID its better to change it sooner rather than later.

Cal x

Thanks, I think its needed for the job. Im on a WA skilled sponsered visa for 2 years. Can i still change it on this visa? I ve seen some people saying you have to be a resident to do this.

• 2 months later...

this has probably been mentioned before but i'll reinforce it for the "just about to leave the uk" people on here....

in Australia, on a crossroad, with pedestrian crossings on all 4 roads; the drivers get the green light to turn left, and the crossing to the left of him also goes green.

the pedestrians obviously have right of way.

be careful, if you feel you can floor it and make the filter, as you might in the uk, it could be messy.

we luckily were in a built up area barely moving when we first encountered this.

no one told us, and i guess no one told most people, its surprising more people aren't skittled.

go easy, its not the uk with the sun out!

Archived