Anyone who has returned got any urge to return to oz? even for a holiday.

Perthbum

PR doesn't run out, it stands for Permanent Residency.

Oh come on, don't be so pedantic, mate. You know what I mean. Last entry in Australia on my visa sticker is Sep 2016. They won't let me in after that. Yes I could live as long as I want in Aus if I get there before that date and only exit the country with a RRV or aussie passport.

Guest paulwbafc

Yep how many on here will ping pong. I have been in oz 5 years now. I know several families who moved back to uk only to move back to oz for same reasons or similar that they came out in first place. I know some older people whose kids when they got older moved back to oz because they felt more australian and missed its outdoor lifestyle. First 2 years i was in brisbane i hated it. All work little play. Have a better paid job more free time and i love it now. My kids have forgot england doing well here and are more australian than english, my son is 15 now has binned all his england stuff and has aussie flag up on his bedroom wall now. Its tough migrating hardest thing i ever did. But after 3 years i myself has changed found new friends interests gave the aussie lifestyle a real go and now i don t feel i could live in england now. I think i would actually be bored in britain.

I might go back for a while for a change of scenery if I do get into the fire service, but I cannot ever see myself living there permanent as my quality all round life is far better in the UK.

Anyone got the urge to return permanent or for a holiday?

People can not wait to get away from the UK, and then want to come back as quick. Uk might be a **** hole in eyes of people who have lived here all there lives like me, but its only untill you have gone and tried to live in another country, that you actually realise how good the UK really is.

People moan how expensive it is and how **** the weather is, but there aint no place like home and eventually they all come back one way or another.

Guest chris955
People can not wait to get away from the UK, and then want to come back as quick. Uk might be a **** hole in eyes of people who have lived here all there lives like me, but its only untill you have gone and tried to live in another country, that you actually realise how good the UK really is.

People moan how expensive it is and how **** the weather is, but there aint no place like home and eventually they all come back one way or another.

We should point out that not everyone wants to get away or think the country is a shithole but I get what you are saying and do agree. It does annoy me when someone refers to the UK as a shithole and how much better Australia is and often they havent even been there LOL. We have been fortunate in that very few people have asked why on earth we would want to comeback, maybe it has something to do with where we are, a beautiful rural area.

Very reluctantly have to admit this too....not really that much more fond of OZ since the year I moved here (2005) tried my best to get back,(not going to happen) Now dont really try intergrating into OZ life much, reason still here ? two sons....so go home..miss them....stay here...miss home and so it goes on...and ..on....

Go home once a year, watch U.K. T.V. try and make the most of it...ere now i suppose!

If we did return to the UK, it would always be with the potential to come back at some point, whether temporary or permanent. Aus is deeply woven into the fabric of our family, we'll always be half pom, half Aus.

oops sorry, this was in quote from harpodum

Guest paulwbafc

The one thing that puts me off the uk is the massive behemoth of national debt. The nhs is free but its crippled. Plus theres no jobs for the school leavers. My mate is a secondary school teacher and told me unless the kids are getting A and B grades they are giving up. People i know have had hours cut to 32 hour working week, my old workmates have had there pay packets cut becuase they dropped from continentals to days and nights, half of them got sacked. No pay rises either. In brisbane as a fitter i get loads of overtime and had over last 4 years my hourly rate go from $26 an hour to $41 an hour and getting 4% next year plus a $10000 loyalty bonus because many tradies keep going down the mines. Personally i have never had it so good.

Guest paulwbafc

One thing about moving to oz is finding a place most suitable. There are many area s that had i moved to i would of hated australia and moved back to uk. Luckily for me i came on my own first, scouted round the whole of brisbane gold coast sunshine coast and found the area i liked most. Never move here blind, do your research.

The one thing that puts me off the uk is the massive behemoth of national debt. The nhs is free but its crippled. Plus theres no jobs for the school leavers. My mate is a secondary school teacher and told me unless the kids are getting A and B grades they are giving up. People i know have had hours cut to 32 hour working week, my old workmates have had there pay packets cut becuase they dropped from continentals to days and nights, half of them got sacked. No pay rises either. In brisbane as a fitter i get loads of overtime and had over last 4 years my hourly rate go from $26 an hour to $41 an hour and getting 4% next year plus a $10000 loyalty bonus because many tradies keep going down the mines. Personally i have never had it so good.

As for jobs mate wait till there's an election and wingnut gets in , the poo will hit the fan for workers , they're crying for end to penalties and the old work choices will be glossedover and bunged in

Guest chris955

Also the thing about there being no jobs for school leavers in the Uk is that unfortunately there is very little difference in youth unemployment in both countries.

One thing about moving to oz is finding a place most suitable. There are many area s that had i moved to i would of hated australia and moved back to uk. Luckily for me i came on my own first, scouted round the whole of brisbane gold coast sunshine coast and found the area i liked most. Never move here blind, do your research.

Whereabouts in Brisbane have you moved to?