Who went to the airport alone?

Missus B

Wow - cannot believe how quick your departure has come round! Do you need this at the airport? Just my opinion, but as you are travelling alone, I would say don't have the heartache at the airport.

If we ever get to booking the flights, we are defo going alone. When we went to Oz before my SIL dropped us off outside Heathrow. She is not emotional so we asked her on purpose because we knew she would be OK.

I couldn't have my folks and BFF wailing and blubbering and dragging on my legs as I walked through the security gate:embarrassed: that's not a good look for anyone!

No....that will be the owner of my local:wink::biglaugh:

I am leaving in 6 weeks time, my dad is going to drop me off at Heathrow but literally chuck me out as he wont pay for parking lol! I could not handle goodbyes at the airport and have told others that we are doing our "see you laters" before. I have already started with the "See you laters" for friends who live a distance from me. I do not fancy the cries at the airport so going on my own technically will be the eaiest way for me.

The first time on my WHV I was going alone and my mum, dads girlfriend and my best mate came to wave me off. I had to have someone take otherwise i wouldn't be able to get on the plane lol! I was okay emotionally until I got to Perth. the 2nd time round when we thought it was for good no one came as obviously Paul was with me, thank god cos it was quite painful saying bye to everyone and I cried in the car on the way to Pauls mums house lol. Nevermind anyway as i'm back home in the UK lol.

We had our leaving do on the friday night. Said good byes to family and close friends on the saturday arvo in the pub, then a close friend took us to the airport. We said goodbye to him at the drop off and set down point and stayed overnight in the airport hotel as was an early morning flight. We found it much easier that way. Don't think I could have faced saying goodbye at the gate.

When I flew (before Jon) he took me to the airport and that was hard :( But I knew I was going to see him soon enough

He got dropped to the airport by one of his best mates (Andy) and says that was a bit hard too - but we know they'll be out to visit soon enough anyway!

His family didn't come though (we didn't give them the option really!), we made sure to say our goodbyes a few days before.

Mind you Jon told his Mum we were moving by email - they're not exactly the closest of clans!

Guest Guest40285

Mind you on the flip side, having no family in Aus, as much as I like leaving the UK alone ( well not alone my daughters are with me ) I hate arriving back in Brisbane airport and having no one there to greet you with the huge cuddles and kisses, really gets to me that part, as once I get me ute and start driving home its like far out I had the best time at home and I have come back to.....well bills, my ex and bloody work.

Gosh, I seem to be in the minority, and I guess 'you all knew something I didn't!'

We had the 'big' goodbye at the airport. It was horrific. Everyone was crying apart from my Hubby and Brother-in-law and best friends's husband! One of my sister's was sobbing loudly, I can still visualise it and hear it so clearly, the other was upset but fixed a smile on her face. I just kept looking at that and appreciating the effort from her. If I had my time again? I would probably do the same again, even knowing how horrible it was. I think whether we be at the house, a station or the airport it would be a very emotional time. Even though I say it was horrific, I can't imagine not seeing them at my last possible point in England before we moved here.

We decided not to have anyone come to the airport with us, as like a lot of previous posts just thought it would be too emotional. Very glad we didn't, was very sad saying goodbye to both sets of parents in the morning before the taxi arrived. We explained our reasons and everyone was fine about it. Had a big Ozzie themed leaving do the weekend before, then a family BBQ two days before we left. And visited grandparents the day before. Phew! Was hard but worth it so far!

Archived