Aqf iii certificate recieved!!!!

bennyblueboy

HAPPY DAYS POMS!! recieved my australian qualification certificate today from vetassess from my carpentry practical.......finallly after three weeks!!! now with my positive skills assesment and ielts complete i can lodge an EOI! Really feels like its starting to happen now peeps.....just hope W.A S.S starts to speed up! im really considering booking our flights for the end of jan next week or is that a silly idea???

Anyways im gonna celebrate being another step closer with a bottle of vino tonight! i know its a bit premature,but any excuse to have a drink eh? :jiggy:

Well Done and Congratulations!!!!!

Have a bottle or two of the vinto tinto/blanco, but personally I wouldn't book flights until I had the Golden Ticket.

Have a good night:biggrin:

Thanks candy girl, I Know what your saying,probably tempting fate but surley we should have our visas by then, now we have done the worst part of it! Just been looking at flights with singapore airlines and found some really good deals for the end of jan!just had to stop myself from pressing the "BUY NOW" button!!! we was hoping to go end of november but end of jan looks more realistic now.:yes:

well funny you should say that but i have registered with ahpra nursing and then i got a job and 2 weeks ago i got my 457 visa and now i have a flight booked for 13th september but i still feel your happiness! Marion :D

Thats fantastic! it must be a great feeling knowing you have a job waiting for you when you get there,one less thing to worry about.

BEST OF LUCK :biggrin:

Thats fantastic! it must be a great feeling knowing you have a job waiting for you when you get there,one less thing to worry about.

BEST OF LUCK :biggrin:

thank you! I have plenty to think about like where to live etc.. and going alone so only have me to sort out! very soon it will be you! where are you going to?

thank you! I have plenty to think about like where to live etc.. and going alone so only have me to sort out! very soon it will be you! where are you going to?

To begin with was gonna go to queensland as i had a company that were willing to sponsor me,but they kept me hanging on for months and it fell through in the end! so had to start all over again applying for PR which was really frustrating,but decided to go to perth in the end as i have a couple of mates out there who are chippys aswell. They have done really well for themselves and have plenty of contacts they can put me in touch with ,so that swayed it for me. How about you?

I have a job in kogarah NSW just outside sydney and have made a couple of friends from this site that we are all going to the same state but different parts.Its a big step adventure and for it isnt all or nothing its go enjoy..stay or leave and so i feel little pressure to make it work just how i like it!

Thanks candy girl, I Know what your saying,probably tempting fate but surley we should have our visas by then, now we have done the worst part of it! Just been looking at flights with singapore airlines and found some really good deals for the end of jan!just had to stop myself from pressing the "BUY NOW" button!!! we was hoping to go end of november but end of jan looks more realistic now.:yes:

I don't believe they have "got to grips" with the new system quite yet as it is early days. Once you get an invite you will have 60 days within which to apply for a visa. I have read on here of people being assigned a CO and it still taking months asking for bits and pieces going backwards and forwards. If the tickets are flexible, then go for it, but if I were me, I would rather spend a bit more when I was absolutely certain than tempt fate and lose the lot. Once you have your visa you can fly on any day and any time. You will find good deals again.

I really know how you are feeling I just want to get on that plane today, this process is torture.

I don't believe they have "got to grips" with the new system quite yet as it is early days. Once you get an invite you will have 60 days within which to apply for a visa. I have read on here of people being assigned a CO and it still taking months asking for bits and pieces going backwards and forwards. If the tickets are flexible, then go for it, but if I were me, I would rather spend a bit more when I was absolutely certain than tempt fate and lose the lot. Once you have your visa you can fly on any day and any time. You will find good deals again.

I really know how you are feeling I just want to get on that plane today, this process is torture.

yeah, your talking sense candygirl,think i was getting a bit carried away last night, my desicion to book the flights was fueled by the vino lol! Just have to do what ive been doing for the past year and sit tight for a bit longer :yes:

HAPPY DAYS POMS!! recieved my australian qualification certificate today from vetassess from my carpentry practical.......finallly after three weeks!!! now with my positive skills assesment and ielts complete i can lodge an EOI! Really feels like its starting to happen now peeps.....just hope W.A S.S starts to speed up! im really considering booking our flights for the end of jan next week or is that a silly idea???

Anyways im gonna celebrate being another step closer with a bottle of vino tonight! i know its a bit premature,but any excuse to have a drink eh? :jiggy:

Well done you! :biggrin:

Many congrats.

Good luck with the visa.

Jxxxx

congrtualations. So where you thinking of moving to. Not to put a dampner on anything but ask lots of questions on the site. because there are lots to ask and it helos for when you get over here. it can be tough t first

We're heading to perth at the end of jan hopefully,as got a couple of mates out there who are chippys aswell,have been researching loads so hoping we are prepared,but only time will tell! i take it your already out there?how was your journey?

Hi Bennyboy just wondering was it expensive to get your certificate from the UK? Congratulations by way

Hi shell thanks,it cost about £1500 for the whole vetassess process,it was in two parts,the first part cost £400 to submitt proof of qualifications and work history and then the second part was a practical test which cost £1100. bit of a rip of really seeing as ive been a chippy for 16 years and have all my qualifications in the u.k. But they do like to make you jump through hoops in this process!!

Guest Shell15

Thanks for your reply! My oh is a tiler, has been over 25 years and was quoted £3500 from a company here in the uk!! Do you know if the price is the same in Australia? And how long did it take you? Last question (sorry for so many) am i right in presuming this certificate gives younthe right in australia to be a subbie? Many thanks

Thanks for your reply! My oh is a tiler, has been over 25 years and was quoted £3500 from a company here in the uk!! Do you know if the price is the same in Australia? And how long did it take you? Last question (sorry for so many) am i right in presuming this certificate gives younthe right in australia to be a subbie? Many thanks

£3500!!!! wowza,who was that with?it has to be a recognised governing body,normally for tradies it is vetasssess,ive never heard of anyone paying that much for a skills assessment. yes your right on the fact that the certificate is basically the australian equivilant of city and guilds/nvq's in the uk,as apparently they dont recognised our qualifications from the uk ! are you using an agent?

That does seem really expensive Shell. We paid £2,000 to Australian Skills Assessment in London. The AQF was in three parts. First part was completing a form with all your bits and pieces and explaining a typical day and your job description etc. Second stage was sending all your qualifications, testimonials, photos and videos of work etc. Third stage was a skype interview with an RTO in Australia. OH's interview was 3 hours long. He was sent tests beforehand and then had to answer questions on them during the interview.

TRA is then $300 to be assessed - they are the assessor for tilers.

Guest Shell15

It was Australian Skills Assesment.. in the UK.. not sure why we were quoted so much! It was the same, done in parts, with an interview via a skype type meeting to discuss and assess skills etc.. we have decided to wait until we are in Australia with the thought it will be cheaper?

I know a tiler who did it with ASA and they paid the same as us. They quote their prices in Aussie Dollars, which is $3000. This included everything, we never paid a penny more. I don't think it will be cheaper in Aus, but at least you have the option if it isn't, you could still go with ASA as everything is done online and at least when you have the interview with the RTO you will be in the same time zone.

Archived