11th August - not long now

Katiem

So how many of us are waiting then??

I'm counting down the days and it's been going so slowly since I first got my invitation to apply (17th July). Part of me is wondering if maybe I should wait an extra day to avoid the immediate rush but then ... what if the system falls over again :/ Ha ha.

I know there have been limits in place but it would be interesting to see what the mix of invited people is. I am an accountant with NSW SS for a 190.

What about you guys?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yafetberhe
So how many of us are waiting then??

I'm counting down the days and it's been going so slowly since I first got my invitation to apply (17th July). Part of me is wondering if maybe I should wait an extra day to avoid the immediate rush but then ... what if the system falls over again :/ Ha ha.

I know there have been limits in place but it would be interesting to see what the mix of invited people is. I am an accountant with NSW SS for a 190.

What about you guys?

Hi Katiem. I noticed you applied for NSW SS on July 2, after SkillSelect came into effect. How is that possible? Does NSW, like WA, still accept applications for SS?

Have gotten a letter from DIAC just now:

10 Aug 2012

eLodgement Release

Electronic lodgement for points tested Skilled Migration and Business Innovation and Investment visa applications will be

released on or around 11am on August 11 (AEST).

During this launch, we expect significant demand for use of these new products. This demand may result in temporary

performance issues such as delays in page loading times and/or document attachment. Your patience during this period is

appreciated.

If you have received an invitation to apply for a visa, you will be able to begin lodging your visa application from this time

using the Apply button on your SkillSelect account homepage.

Need more information on the SkillSelect process

For more information on how SkillSelect operates, please refer to our website which details the process:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect

Contacting the department

If you need to contact the department, you should view our contact methods located on the department’s website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/telephone.htm

Thank you.

So, it's 18 hours and a half to go!!!

Less than 10 hours now! Hehe! Im holding my thumbs for an invite for a 189 visa - I have 65 points so not too high but hopefully the love will come my way! Ill post either way if I get an invite or not, it would be great if others did too so we can at least get a feel for what is happening. Good luck everyone! x

Guest Levimouse
Less than 10 hours now! Hehe! Im holding my thumbs for an invite for a 189 visa - I have 65 points so not too high but hopefully the love will come my way! Ill post either way if I get an invite or not, it would be great if others did too so we can at least get a feel for what is happening. Good luck everyone! x

Hi Angie

I was of the understanding that as of 11th Aug people who had already been invited would be able to apply, not that necessarily anymore of us will be invited. Unless you know something different? I read your thread and got really excited as I have 64 points too.

Like you say it would be nice to get a feel for what is going on. It's the not knowing and guessing that is quite frustrating.

Hi Angie

I was of the understanding that as of 11th Aug people who had already been invited would be able to apply, not that necessarily anymore of us will be invited. Unless you know something different? I read your thread and got really excited as I have 64 points too.

Like you say it would be nice to get a feel for what is going on. It's the not knowing and guessing that is quite frustrating.

I think you're right Levimouse. Anyone who has been invited can apply for their visa tomorrow, and at some stage they will be sending out more invitations.

...... UN FR.... BELIEVABLE!!!! Weeks to prepare and then this:

Intermittent Visa Lodgement Issues

Some clients with current invitations have been experiencing intermittent problems while lodging visa applications. This issue is preventing some people from completing their visa application. This is currently being investigated and we expect a solution by Monday 13 August. A further update will be provided to you by this time.

We have been up all night, we have medicals on monday...we were ready for it and then this happens :arghh::frown:

[/font]

We have been up all night, we have medicals on monday...we were ready for it and then this happens :arghh::frown:

We havent been invited yet but can't believe if only 100 invites whent out how they can be having problems

Talk about messing with peoples lives!!

[/font]

I've managed to lodge 190th application this night (about 11-30 AEST).

It's worth to know that they changed medical examination rules a little bit.

There is a link "Organise your health examinations" in app for documents upload .

The info is following:

Health Assessment

A Visa Lodgement officer will contact you in writing. The correspondence will contain Health Assessment Permission Request Identifiers for each person in this application. By taking the Identifier(s) and the date(s) of birth of each person in the application to a DIAC approved panel doctor, the Health Assessment process for this visa can be started.

Regards,

Kostya.

could we know your points? mine is 65 and am not invited !!

I was invited on 09/07/2012. There's no difference in points quantity for 190th visa. There the state decides whether to invite you or not.

I've got 75 points for 190th.

As far as I understand, there wasn't an invitation round today. Today was the first day when those who were invited earlier must have been allowed to lodge applications...

Regards,

Kostya.

UGHH! gutted! I thought more invites were coming out. Thanks for clarifying Levimouse and Pswebb38 that no new invites were being sent out and it was the only the ones from the 100 chosen ones! I guess the bright side that we didn't get an invite is that no one else did either. It looks like there are a few of us with 65 points. I hope there is space for us in the next round =/

Hang in there about your medicals- you got an invite that's the main thing! Good luck!

I've managed to lodge 190th application this night (about 11-30 AEST).

It's worth to know that they changed medical examination rules a little bit.

There is a link "Organise your health examinations" in app for documents upload .

The info is following:

Regards,

Kostya.

Wow, congrats Kostya. We have been up all night but have not managed to get through. Thanks for sharing the info regarding the medical examination rules.

Hopefully they will manage to fix the problem soon.

Thanks

Hazel

How frustrating!!

I decided not to stay up until 2am to apply so as soon as I got up this morning to find ... the system's down again!! Another wait now then I guess. You would have thought they'd have realised there would be a flood of applications. Oh well. Will keep waiting! :daydreaming: