11th August - not long now

Katiem

Got an email from DIAC this morning confirming we now have a case officer for our 190 visa application, and have booked our medicals for 3rd September!

Wow! Great news! Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if the CO asked you for any other documents? Did you upload your form 80 yet?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Great news! Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if the CO asked you for any other documents? Did you upload your form 80 yet?

I've not had chance to login to skillselect yet to see what it says regarding any extra information, I'll check tonight and post on here again.

We uploaded our form 80's only last night, so maybe that triggered the CO?

Can't wait to get our medicals done on 3rd September now!

Yes, we got all of those.

I see but is this the part wherein you will start the health exam? or will there be a separate email from the CO to proceed with the meds( and the police clearance)? btw, the email to my recipient came from someone in team 10.

Yes, we got all of those.

I see but is this the part wherein you will start the health exam? or will there be a separate email from the CO to proceed with the meds( and the police clearance)? btw, the email to my recipient came from someone in team 10.

I've not had chance to login to skillselect yet to see what it says regarding any extra information, I'll check tonight and post on here again.

We uploaded our form 80's only last night, so maybe that triggered the CO?

Can't wait to get our medicals done on 3rd September now!

Thanks for the info. Good luck with your medicals.

Hi BMC,

It seems we got the same as you, ours was from a GSM support officer, and included the health ID's and a letter confirming the application had been assessed as being valid.

Maybe we haven't got a case officer yet then? When we click the link on the document upload page about the medicals it just says we will get a letter asking us to arrange our medicals?

We've already attached the police clearance as we did this a few months ago.

Hi BMC,

It seems we got the same as you, ours was from a GSM support officer, and included the health ID's and a letter confirming the application had been assessed as being valid.

Maybe we haven't got a case officer yet then? When we click the link on the document upload page about the medicals it just says we will get a letter asking us to arrange our medicals?

We've already attached the police clearance as we did this a few months ago.

You're right, you don't get a case officer ...Just wait...

Isnt it the case officer anyway? Seems like tasks a CO could/would/should do as well?

I am expecting a CO within 4 weeks as "promised" :)

It did seem strange because the email we got had all our health ID's attached so thought we'd be able to sort out our ehealth bits.

4 weeks- 1 down 3 to go!?

We got that message 'application lodged successful' just today. It said something about 'the allocation dates Re... *check link*'. I have the feeling those 'within four weeks' starts today and not August 13th.... Grr that would mean another possible two week delay.

We probably want to go in the beginning of December, but this way... ;(

Hello guys / mates,

Just want to thank everyone in here. We got our 190 visa today! yes we have been granted our 190 visas! We are just so lucky probably because we had our 475 granted a few weeks earlier before we lodged our 190 visa application. Wish you all the best. Your visas will be granted shortly. They move really fast with the new system, probably at this point, your applications have been assigned with the COs already.

What what? That is fast!! Congrats!

What was your timeline regarding:

- when did you get your state sponsorship?

- when did you lodge your application?

- whn did your support officer tell you "your application is valid/complete"?

- when did you get your CO?

Sorry about all the questions and congrats again! :)

Hello guys / mates,

Just want to thank everyone in here. We got our 190 visa today! yes we have been granted our 190 visas! We are just so lucky probably because we had our 475 granted a few weeks earlier before we lodged our 190 visa application. Wish you all the best. Your visas will be granted shortly. They move really fast with the new system, probably at this point, your applications have been assigned with the COs already.

Oh wow! Congrats!!

Was there no communication before the grant? No medicals or police checks requested etc?

That's so fast, just 2 weeks from application!

Good luck with the next stage of planning, hope it all works out well for you :)

What what? That is fast!! Congrats!

What was your timeline regarding:

- when did you get your state sponsorship?

- when did you lodge your application?

- whn did your support officer tell you "your application is valid/complete"?

- when did you get your CO?

Sorry about all the questions and congrats again! :)

Thanks. Here is my timeline:

state sponsorship from the ACT in July 16th

visa 190 lodged in August 13

letter from support officer August 15

case officer August 24

visa granted August 28

medical exams and PCC were completed in late July for our 475 visa

Good luck with your applications

Thanks. Here is my timeline:

state sponsorship from the ACT in July 16th

visa 190 lodged in August 13

letter from support officer August 15

case officer August 24

visa granted August 28

medical exams and PCC were completed in late July for our 475 visa

Good luck with your applications

Congratulations HOME you must be well chuffed!

Dud you get a letter/email to say you had a case officer?

No, we were contacted directly by the CO with a request for extra documents.

It is most likely that the COs look over the documents days before you know it.

Obviously the CO had access and used all the documents we uploaded for the 475 application. That is probably the reason we had such a fast turnaround. So that should account for the timeline in our particular case. We think the new system will be faster(network/software performance is addressed) than the old one once you get the invitation.

Good luck with your applications.

Hi guys,

I saw this from the DIAC's website:

If your application is in Priority Group 3, or was lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above for Priority Groups 4 or 5, you can proceed with health and character clearances before your application is allocated. Undertaking health and character clearances at this pre-allocation stage may expedite a decision on your visa application. However, applicants should not proceed with health and character clearances where a '*' is listed in the Allocation table.

Does this mean that for lodged visa 190, applicants can frontload their Health evidence and PCC's even before the assignment to a Case Officer? Could this be the reason why the gsm support officer sent the Health Examination List?

I was confused before because I read in many forums that we should wait for the CO to tell us to proceed to Health examination and PCC processing. Isn't this the case now?