UK Post Office certifying documents for visa application?

basil

Guest trasi

this is just where the P.O check (for a fee) that you have the correct identity documents for one of those items listed... i.e passport.

It cant be used for certifying visa documents, this has to be done by a notary x

Afraid it doesn't. As mentioned above however, some solicitors do it nice and cheaply- i've heard some doing it for free! (Gotta love the Scottish). Mine charged an initial £30 to certify a few documents and then said he would certify anything else or additional copies for nothing over the course of the process. Definitely worth ringing around or indeed phone your local court as they often set aside time slots in the week which are available with a 'Justice of the Peace' to certify documents for nothing!

Guest trasi
Afraid it doesn't. As mentioned above however, some solicitors do it nice and cheaply- i've heard some doing it for free! (Gotta love the Scottish). Mine charged an initial £30 to certify a few documents and then said he would certify anything else or additional copies for nothing over the course of the process. Definitely worth ringing around or indeed phone your local court as they often set aside time slots in the week which are available with a 'Justice of the Peace' to certify documents for nothing!

Really ??? what the post office can certify visa documents ???? wish id known this, i paid over £200 on solicitors doing all my documents :cry:

Trasi - no it's not just for checking documents, it's photocopying and certifying them as copies of the original. But if it's not considered enough for a visa app then it's no good I suppose.

Unfortunately the solicitors in our area charge a fortune for certifying, the appointment fee plus £5 per doc (and the JP's office didn't have a clue and were something like £10 a doc last time i called!)

Does anyone have a list / officiasl doc of who CAN certify documents? I need to find a better/cheaper option than when I did it last time! :)

London Contact Centre DIAC...

As regards to certifying documents, the following people can certify

documents for Australian visas:

- A Registered Migration Agent may certify copies of original documents for

visa applications they make on behalf of clients.

United Kingdom

- Solicitor

- Magistrate

- Public Notary

- Justice of the Peace

- Commissioner for Oaths

- Officer of a Court appointed by a Judge to take affidavits

I used the post office service for some of my docs when I submitted my skills assessment to vetasess and for the visa application and there was no problem with using them. Only issue was the cost if you have loads of documents to certify. I got about half of them certified through the post office but then got an engineer at work to certify the rest

Don't know the answer, but looks expensive to me. I rang around about 10 solicitors and got one to certify 35 documents (some were pages long) for £30, some quoted a lot more. Worth my time spent on the phone. Worth a try maybe?

Where was this solicitor that certified your docs for £30? I need some docs certifying....when I had them done last time I was able to use a solicitor I'd used for a house sale, and cos he'd made his money from me for that, he certified my docs for free. Not sure if 3 years down the line he'd be willing to do it again, and I know they'd probably charge a fortune.

Archived