Shootings at the Batman film showing :(

bell123321

Guest The Ropey HOFF

It is really sad that innocent people die, but guns are legal in the USA and its become so common now, it's just another slaughter, it's shocking, but ....... Not really a surprise.

As jim said it doesn't suprise me, as it's so easy to get guns, if they want to reduce gun crime why don't they do something about it??

Well Breivik killed many more in Norway where they have very strict gun laws.

If you are determined psychopath you will find a way to kill lots of people, if not with a gun maybe a truck loaded up with petrol.

It is worth remembering that even with all the guns in America, the vast majority of gun crimes are with illegally obtained guns(smuggled or stolen)and most gun crime is gang related. Most gun owners are law abiding, in fact if someone had a concealed carry piece this tragedy could of been prevented.

Edited by jove

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Well Breivik killed many more in Norway where they have very strict gun laws.

If you are determined psychopath you will find a way to kill lots of people, if not with a gun maybe a truck loaded up with petrol.

It is worth remembering that even with all the guns in America, the vast majority of gun crimes are with illegally obtained guns(smuggled or stolen)and most gun crime is gang related. Most gun owners are law abiding, in fact if someone had a concealed carry piece this tragedy could of been prevented.

I agree to a certain extent, but gun deaths in America is huge, strict gun laws in Norway show that gun deaths are very low, apart from that lunatic, it's impossible to monitor now in America and it will happen again very soon, but it might never happen again in Norway.

That's very true also Hoff. The guy also have access to explosives too but you can't buy that in gun shops.

It is a little difficult if you are not American to understand the gun culture over there. It is indelible marked the cultural make up of the country and enshrined in their constitution.

When you say gun crime is huge over there that is true, but i think most of it is drug related crime and gang related. Is a shame we are living in such a violent world these days - didn't used to be so bad?

Maybe if the USA lifted the prohibition on drugs, improved education and tried to lift poverty it would be less trouble. Some may ask to ban firearms or restrict them like Europe. I am not in favor of that as criminals will still use guns no matter how harsh to laws are.

Don't expect people on here to agree with my view on that though LOL

Colorado I think has the death penalty so I hope there will be swift justice for this lunatic.

Anyway is a heinous and cowedly crime i hope this guy gets hung by his neck and hung high.

Edited by jove

There was a guy on the news before, he was on about the guns in the US, they dont just have guns becasue they are easily available, they have them for protection in most cases

The argument to that though will be, if no-one had a gun then others wouldnt need a gun to protect themselves, but think about it this way....

If someone smackhead broke into your house tonight armed with a knife and tried to attack you, what would you do?

Do you keep a knife in the bedroom?

How quickly could you get hold of something to defend yourself?

Would you sleep a lot easier if all you had to do was reach into the bedside table for a Glock 9mm?

Well that is pretty much an Americans mentality, it's their 'Right to bear arms' - you are talking about a Country where 4 Presidents have been shot dead and there have been numerous assassination attempts on other Presidents, Senators and Members of Congress and they still dont bring in gun control laws

What his means though is that every now and again in the US there will be some nutter going psycho and a bunch of people will get killed.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
There was a guy on the news before, he was on about the guns in the US, they dont just have guns becasue they are easily available, they have them for protection in most cases

The argument to that though will be, if no-one had a gun then others wouldnt need a gun to protect themselves, but think about it this way....

If someone smackhead broke into your house tonight armed with a knife and tried to attack you, what would you do?

Do you keep a knife in the bedroom?

How quickly could you get hold of something to defend yourself?

Would you sleep a lot easier if all you had to do was reach into the bedside table for a Glock 9mm?

Well that is pretty much an Americans mentality, it's their 'Right to bear arms' - you are talking about a Country where 4 Presidents have been shot dead and there have been numerous assassination attempts on other Presidents, Senators and Members of Congress and they still dont bring in gun control laws

What his means though is that every now and again in the US there will be some nutter going psycho and a bunch of people will get killed.

I think you find there's thousands get killed by guns every year in the USA, I wonder how many would not get killed if they didn't have them readily available.

I used to be against gun ownership. I'm not now. It would be nice if nobody had guns but, it seems that criminals are armed to the teeth. Just look at the Fast and Furious case whereby the US government supplied the drug cartels with guns and a border patrol officer was killed with one of them.

The real arrogance is when an armed criminal feels that he can enter your home with a gun knowing that you will not be able to respond with equal force. I don't like the idea of owning a gun myself but, if I lived in an area with violent crime I would want to get one and be trained in its use.

This kid is a hero.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/14-year-old-shoots-armed-intruder-while-babysitting-his-younger-siblings-in-phoenix/

Edited by fmck