pom nurses how did you get your job in OZ

gordonsmith

when I first started looking i registered an EOI with queensland but wasnt able to complete it until i had registration.Once it came through I was contacted to ask about whether i def wanted to be considered for work but I had secured a job in NSW by this point ( MAY). I dont know if there were jobs but it didnt sound like there wasnt more like we will only take your EOI if you really are committed to coming and not just have a look and see..good luck ! :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I first started looking i registered an EOI with queensland but wasnt able to complete it until i had registration.Once it came through I was contacted to ask about whether i def wanted to be considered for work but I had secured a job in NSW by this point ( MAY). I dont know if there were jobs but it didnt sound like there wasnt more like we will only take your EOI if you really are committed to coming and not just have a look and see..good luck ! :D

Thank you :0)

I am definitely interested in Queensland, not too keen on working for private but not going to be too fussy, just want to get my foot in the door and if i'm not happy I could look somewhere else whilst still having the security of a job and money coming in. I really do want to work in the speciality I am used to as I would be nervous about working in a new country and not working in that speciality at the start x

Guest walshysj

I'm still sending CV's but awaiting responses!!! I have my nursing registration eligibility letter, just need a job wiling to sponsor now!! any advice on different tactics for applying? have applied for EOI but not really sure what else I should be doing from here now to be honest!! any advice gratefully received

thanks Sara

Edited by walshysj

I'm still sending CV's but awaiting responses!!! I have my nursing registration eligibility letter, just need a job wiling to sponsor now!! any advice on different tactics for applying? have applied for EOI but not really sure what else I should be doing from here now to be honest!! any advice gratefully received

thanks Sara

have you gone on the health sites for the states and applied either for an actual job or EOI if thats what that particular state is offering first? I know from NSW health site there are a lot of jobs but you have to apply. good luck :D

thanks Sara

Have you tried Healthcare Australia? They seem pretty on the ball so far. E-mailed them my CV last Wednesday, received confirmation e-mail on Friday and they have phoned me today. I already have PR visa but they may be able to advise you with opportunities for sponsorship x

Guest aphex2k
Have you tried Healthcare Australia? They seem pretty on the ball so far. E-mailed them my CV last Wednesday, received confirmation e-mail on Friday and they have phoned me today. I already have PR visa but they may be able to advise you with opportunities for sponsorship x

Emailed my old bosses and friends and put feelers out. Got interviewed by two people I'd worked with at another place and got offered a job pending police checks, AHPRA re-registration (as mine lapses).

Email, phone and send paper copies of CVs and trawl the health/govvy website. Look on Seek and just search for hospitals in the area you wanna be.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest melanie79

hi marion!

i worked in st george before in 2004/2005 & i thought it was a lovely hospital to work in, so congrats & all the best! mel

hi there i applied for the job in middle may and 457 3 weeks ago- had medical sat week ago and now wait! the job is a clinical nurse educator at st georges hospital kogarah. I am hoping to go end august beginning september! where is your job? marion x

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mummy mann,

Can i ask which agency you work for?? I have a job with HCA and im looking for some feedback on them. Iv never worked agency and im hoping to get 5 shifts a week with them.

Cheers,

Laura. x

I used HCA. I don't start the job till January, but it is a full time job in the speciality I am familiar with x