pom nurses how did you get your job in OZ

gordonsmith

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, personally I wouldn't bother with agencies, I have just secured a community post in NSW, I went onto the health job sites and applied directly to the hospitals, sent lots of cv's, the response initially was slow but eventually heard back from everyone and had several interviews, decided the community post suited me, just starting the 457 visa process now...hopefully that wont take too long!!! Good luck in your search there are still plenty of jobs out there and I am certain you will secure a position soon.

Debbie

Guest trasi

i got wind of a company that were coming over from Oz to interview nurses in London.

Sent them my details via email etc and got invited to an interview.

Passed this, which then led to a skype interview with the managers.......

Got job on a 457, and everything done now....... should be out there by end of Aug xx

saw a job post in http://www.workingin-australia.com and sent my cv. got a reply and even gave me a free ticket to attend an expo in London and got a chance to meet my employer. was interviewed twice and got the job offer last June. employer is now starting paperwork on my 457 visa whilst waiting for my AHPRA which i'm expecting to be out anytime next week. fingers crossed xxx

btw, i tried sending my cv to agencies and they are also willing to help like the healthstaff but i opted to choose direct to employer.

good luck in your job hunting! try NSW, they are quite quick to answer job applications..

Edited by yerrik

Went through an agency Plexus recruitment they were fantastic, gor a job then PR a year later and am over the age limit for PR, still got it good luck, seems quicker to use seek/my career all the states have a health directory where you can search, apply or submit an expression of interest

Guest tandcmum

i applied directly to the hospital and got offered a skype interview. I also put expressions of interest on state health recruitment sites and had a couple of interviews that way too.

Guest Guest26012

I phoned a nursing recruitment agency advertising in the Nursing Times. They put my cv out to hospitals in Perth. Got a phone interview and got the job!

Hi Delaneym, where is the job you have been offered, we are just about to start the visa process once we have TRN number, by all accounts 457 visas dont appear to be taking that long, fingers crossed..... hoping to be out there by mid October, I am also a mental health nurse

Hi Delaneym, where is the job you have been offered, we are just about to start the visa process once we have TRN number, by all accounts 457 visas dont appear to be taking that long, fingers crossed..... hoping to be out there by mid October, I am also a mental health nurse

hi there i applied for the job in middle may and 457 3 weeks ago- had medical sat week ago and now wait! the job is a clinical nurse educator at st georges hospital kogarah. I am hoping to go end august beginning september! where is your job? marion x

Hi, i am after some advice and info if anyone can help.

When would it be ok to start applying for jobs? We have our pr visa just waiting on AHPRA now. We will be making the move to queensland at the end of the year and I wish to start work early january. Is it too soon to apply to hospitals for employment? I cannot lodge an expression of interest with Queensland health until I have my AHPRA eligibility.

Any advice would be much appreciated x

I would wait until ahpra have you accepted in principle. I have heard Queensland health have a job freeze on just now. Not sure how long it will last. Good luck anyway

Thank you for your reply. I have applied to a couple. One has e-mailed me back saying they would love to hear back from me once I have my registration and the other wants to call me at a convenient time. I didn't realise about the job freeze with Queensland health at the moment but I will also contact them once I have my registration through.