Sunderland Fan at Eastlands

cass73

I know its a real long shot but i saw a car at eastland shoping centre with a ha way the lads sunderland sticker made me smile that even this far away from home there is someone else here. if any one knows who this is please let me know

ta cass

• 2 months later...

That's great will enjoy having someone to listen/watch derby game with. Talksport now have an station for those of us abroad where you can listen to every premiership game for free but when the opposition equalisers at 2am in the morning you have to find a quieter way of expressing your disappointment :mad:

• 3 months later...
That's great will enjoy having someone to listen/watch derby game with. Talksport now have an station for those of us abroad where you can listen to every premiership game for free but when the opposition equalisers at 2am in the morning you have to find a quieter way of expressing your disappointment :mad:

Can you post details of this? Any idea for the Championship? We've stopped Foxtel now so I can't even watch the live game featuring my team this sat morn (I was born in Leicester and moved to Cornwall as a toddler). Any BBC streaming is blocked and I haven't found a decent free IP hosting thingy.

Thanks!

Hi I really don't know about championship I hate the fact that the bbc radio on my dab blocks all sport, my saving grace in talksport.com you can listens to all premier games live so at least I can listen to the match all though some days I wish I hadn't.

cass

• 7 months later...

This post caught my attention! Just browsing through the posts and noticed some people on here from near my area, I work in Newton aycliffe and live between Durham & sunderland! But support the toon!! Haha..

Just wondered how your all getting on in Tasmania? Have any if you been to Currie, kings island?

It would be good to hear!

Sunderland fans get everywhere, all my dads family live there all happily wear the shirt and my cousin recently brought a new mini cooper and yes was red with white stripe down the middle of the roof and bottom lol.........im not really into footy but get continual updates bot all good lol ....

What was it like?

Why does king island have no public transport?

:-/

The population is only about 1500...certainly 2000 at the most. About 700 people live in Currie. It is mainly agricultural...dairy farms, beef farms , fishing and a kelp harvesting industry and most people would require their own transport for their own business. It is flat and windswept. I think the only means of human transport on and off the island is in small planes. (That's the way I travelled to and from, and I don't remember a mention of a ship option).

You'd have to enjoy living in a fairly isolated island community (think Hebrides) but some people love it.

Archived