175 Visa Lodged in June - How are the other 175's doing??

Hi Everyone.

We lodged our 175 visa on 13th June - no CO yet. I have been watching the "176 Lodged in June/May" Thread but I was just wondering what stage all the other 175's were at? Are we being allocated CO's as fast as 176's or does it depend on what state sponsorship you have gone for or what your skill is? I'm kinda hoping we have a CO by next week but maybe this is too ambitious.

Good luck to everyone that has applied

Hi Everyone.

We lodged our 175 visa on 13th June - no CO yet. I have been watching the "176 Lodged in June/May" Thread but I was just wondering what stage all the other 175's were at? Are we being allocated CO's as fast as 176's or does it depend on what state sponsorship you have gone for or what your skill is? I'm kinda hoping we have a CO by next week but maybe this is too ambitious.

Good luck to everyone that has applied

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

This will be a good source of info. I have a future sister in law who also applied for a 175 in June.

In reality I would guess you have a wait of around 8 months before you get a CO, but there is no way of knowing.

Due to Priority Processing 176 are processed faster.

With the rush of applications due to skillselect - Processing may slow down - 175 CO allocation has gotten alot faster in last few months - but you shoudl be expected to wait at least 1 month.

CO sometimes ask for Form 80 - dont know if you have included it with your application - if not have a look at it - that will keep you busy until you get your CO!!:biggrin:

Due to Priority Processing 176 are processed faster.

With the rush of applications due to skillselect - Processing may slow down - 175 CO allocation has gotten alot faster in last few months - but you shoudl be expected to wait at least 1 month.

CO sometimes ask for Form 80 - dont know if you have included it with your application - if not have a look at it - that will keep you busy until you get your CO!!:biggrin:

I have spent a painful 4 weeks collecting information for form 80 and it has been included thanks :)

Thanks for the comments. Does anyone know why some applicants are being allocated a CO within days/weeks and others are not? :)

I suspect different teams deal with different occupations. As a QS you might get a CO faster than some other occupations?? As you have already frontloaded your PCC you could book your Medicals if you are looking for your visa to be processed quickly.

Hi,

We lodged our application on the 16 June 2012...and no news yet; and, to be honest, I'm not expecting any for a little while. However, this hasn't stopped me from sleepily rolling over each morning and checking emails on my phone through blurry eyes. It's a little like buying a lottery ticket each day...that small, but unrealistic sense of hope that vanishes almost as quickly as it arrived! I am hoping for a small electronic message of joy sometime soonish though, pretty please.

I really thought that we'd lodge, and then put the whole thing to the back of our minds forget about it for a while. We've been so busy with gathering supporting evidence/having skills and work assessed, and IELTS type activities for so long, that mentally, all we've been thinking about is Australia for a loooooooonnnggg time. But, we're even more hooked on it now...anything we can research/explore/learn about, we are. I think it's because, initially, we were set for a 12-18 month wait for a CO, but people do seem to be being processed more quickly, and so it all seems a bit more immediate.

All of our requested docs are uploaded...I've printed form 80 (just in case!), and so we sit and wait, with everything crossed. I'm hopefully confident that we've covered everything that is required...

Archived