Any good IT recruiters in Melbourne??

PW1

Hey,

i signed up with seek.com.au, what IT work do you do?

I'm also in IT....went for a reccie in the sunshine coast last month.

Regards

Chris

Hi mate,

I work for a reseller so I do everything pretty much.

Server installs and administration, Network config, WAN technologies, Draytek, Cisco, and Watchguard, Server/Exchange cloud migrations etc etc

I will sign up with seek too.....they seem to be popular.....do they accept CV's from people who havent yet migrated?

Hi mate,

I work for a reseller so I do everything pretty much.

Server installs and administration, Network config, WAN technologies, Draytek, Cisco, and Watchguard, Server/Exchange cloud migrations etc etc

I will sign up with seek too.....they seem to be popular.....do they accept CV's from people who havent yet migrated?

Morning,

Thats cool, I'm a IT consultant for HP - I'm trying to get a transfer to brisbane :)

I've signed up with seek, plenty of jobs and they except CV's from people who havent migrated yet (Odd thing is, since i signed up with them I've had alot of UK job agencies getting in touch with me)

Regards

Chris

Hi,

I am desktop support in London and arriving in Melbourne in August 12. I am expecting it to be tough. I have 10 yrs experience in the UK, and am returning home (yes, I am an Australian) and face just as tough a time as those heading across from the UK. I have some contacts who advise it is getting tougher as well in Melbourne. The thing that stands out to me is the whole recruitment market seems to be much slower than the UK from application to feedback. Being in the right place at the right time with some lady luck never goes astray..

• 1 month later...
Guest Kat551

Hello,

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm an IT recruiter! If anyone wants any advice feel free to drop me a message. :smile:

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the bump, I've been out here for a couple of weeks now on a 1 year working holiday visa, previously worked at Insight and Lenovo in sales with high achievement. I'm looking to switch it to a 457 and commit to a place for a few years but I'm really struggling. Applied for jobs at Dell, HP etc and heard nothing back, spoke to a recruiter today who basically had no interest in dealing with me as I only have a 1 year visa at present.

I was expecting it to be a bit easier than this, I could go work for anyone in the UK easily, sales people are always in demand. The economy here is a lot stronger than the UK but I seem to be hitting brick walls. I'd hate to have to go home in a few months without even getting a chance. Any help or advice please? Cheers

I think that a 1 year holiday visa would put a lot of employers off to be honest, you can't work for more than 6 months on that I think and that kind of lifespan is not suited for a job in IT sales, no matter how high an achiever you are.

I recommend you find a 6 month contract on a helpdesk or something and prove yourself a bit and try and work your way into sales.

BB

The market appears to be flush with candidates so its very much a recruiters market. Unfortunately that means you're going to be hard pushed to generate interest in you when you can only do 6 months max. I suggest putting out speculative CV's to multiple companies and hope something bites.

That was possibly true previously but in this current market that doesn't appear to be the case. I would also say don't give up and just keep trying, all you need is for one company to consider you. In addition to the job boards and looking at companies you should also look at linkedin, there are jobs that get advertised there too.

Good luck.

I know at least two ICT recruiters who have recently been made redundant due to lack of work and many say this market (In Brisbane) is the worse they've ever know. There always seem to be jobs on Seek, but most jobs aren't even advertised, so increasing your network is the way to go. In a few months, maybe it'll pick up... fingers crossed!

Archived