Minus 3, that's right I said -3 in Kingston this morning at 8.30 am. But I still love it.

crispysince70

Good lord, I was absolutley frozen this morning, and I had no de-icer, was having to search about for a crappy credit card so I could scrape the ice off of the windscreen on the car.

So, anyway, was coming down the hill into Hobart and looking down at the wharf and the sun was shining down, and once again I thought WOW, (just like I do every morning), I'm so grateful and so very lucky to be living here.

I LOVE this place, and hot or cold it ticks every box for me, one year on from us moving here, and hopefully for many more years to come.

Chris x

You're so right, one of the reasons I got a good view this morning was because the traffic was all backed up because of an earlier accident.

Hope you're good Skani.

Chris x

Don't know about good.:err:

But keeping warm carting lots of firewood for my wood burner.:biggrin: (We had a few snowflakes up this way the other day but nothing settled). Was down your way last week - taking small person to Kids Bizz and contributing to the Kingston economy!

Guest guest71686

I'm confused with tassie being that far south it must be tropical. Birds always fly south for winter ;)

Guest guest71686

its an ongoing joke with my partner who is from the north west coast ;) love tassie was there 2 weeks ago and it was quite pleasant sunny but cold

You're making me homesick guys. I was born in Tassie and it is still the place I call home although I have lived in many places around the world and left Tassie 30 odd years ago. We are moving back to Oz in November to Melbourne so I will be close :)

This is my second winter here and I feel colder this winter than I did during my first. As someone for the north of England it's a bit embarrassing to say that anything below 20°C is now jumper weather. All I can say is that I've acclimatised.

Canberra is the same. Gets cold overnight and in the morning but the sun comes out and it is a beautiful day.

that is my idea of perfect weather.....

Probably because I grew up in Johannesburg..... loved those frosty mornings then by lunch time it was nice and sunny.....

Archived