PIOs 175 Lodged June 2012..

Murta

Hi all,

we submitted our 175 visa on 19th June! Very excited about it so fingers crossed! Re changes from 1st July, a migration agent told me that if you submitted prior to 1st July, as long as medicals etc checked out, you are guaranteed to get your visa if your on the SOL. Although this can take 12-18months. If you submit 1st July onwards, you could be allocated a CO and get a visa within weeks/months OR you could be waiting years! Suppose it depends what visa you apply for, what points you get etc. Although points have been lowered to 60 from 01/07/12, if it were me, my aim would be to get as much points as possible to stand out from other applications.

Murta - I am a Social Worker too and was worried it may have been pulled from the list! Although I see its still on there so hopefully that means we will still get a job no problem!

For uploading documents, I have uploaded everything on the checklist that came with the automated message saying my applciation had been submitted. APART from the medical and police checks. Although it is on the list, it also says the application is being processed - which is very unlikely. Also it does state on the automated email from DIAC, that if you have applied offshore wait to book medicals and police checks until they tell you too - so I am just waiting. Although I have contacted both medical place and Police to establish the cost and how long it will take when I need to get it. The medical people were keen to get me booked in asap as I gave them my TRN and we were on their system. However, seeing as it costs £290pp, I can see their motivation! Seriously though, I am waiting until the CO tells me to do it.

I found uploading the documents relatively straightforward although the page crashed and I had to submit the rest of the documents the next day.

Been married for 9 years and together 14, so submitted joint life insurancde, letters from friends, marriage certificate and bank/mortgage statement - hopefully that will satisfy them!

Good Luck to all and looking forward to hear that folk have got CO's allocated! Oz.... Here we all come!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

we submitted our 175 visa on 19th June! Very excited about it so fingers crossed! Re changes from 1st July, a migration agent told me that if you submitted prior to 1st July, as long as medicals etc checked out, you are guaranteed to get your visa if your on the SOL. Although this can take 12-18months. If you submit 1st July onwards, you could be allocated a CO and get a visa within weeks/months OR you could be waiting years! Suppose it depends what visa you apply for, what points you get etc. Although points have been lowered to 60 from 01/07/12, if it were me, my aim would be to get as much points as possible to stand out from other applications.

Murta - I am a Social Worker too and was worried it may have been pulled from the list! Although I see its still on there so hopefully that means we will still get a job no problem!

For uploading documents, I have uploaded everything on the checklist that came with the automated message saying my applciation had been submitted. APART from the medical and police checks. Although it is on the list, it also says the application is being processed - which is very unlikely. Also it does state on the automated email from DIAC, that if you have applied offshore wait to book medicals and police checks until they tell you too - so I am just waiting. Although I have contacted both medical place and Police to establish the cost and how long it will take when I need to get it. The medical people were keen to get me booked in asap as I gave them my TRN and we were on their system. However, seeing as it costs £290pp, I can see their motivation! Seriously though, I am waiting until the CO tells me to do it.

I found uploading the documents relatively straightforward although the page crashed and I had to submit the rest of the documents the next day.

Been married for 9 years and together 14, so submitted joint life insurancde, letters from friends, marriage certificate and bank/mortgage statement - hopefully that will satisfy them!

Good Luck to all and looking forward to hear that folk have got CO's allocated! Oz.... Here we all come!

hEY HEY WELL DONE!!

Where do you hope to practice once out there? WHat field are you in? Such a panic this part is giving me...not my style mind you but was so depending on having another year before granting at least (not wholly convinced the move is right for us??!!) so to see med in 28 days . I flipped ha!!

reside in N ireland and felt totally agrieved that I can see a panel doc here (was going to create a thread I was so anry!!) I contact the dublin panel docs today and got a quote of €730 for the 4 of us hubby and 2 kids 6 and 2. They will give a discount to 657...near died as this peeves me off as ROI is very expensive...but your post has shocked me £290 per person??? now it looks cheaper for me in the euro???

She also said the same that since i have trn I shouold be working on the 28 days deadline!! confused now!!

Will see

Davo1, Hope you don't mind me asking, but did your checklist ask for relationship evidence? Mine only asked for a marriage certificate, but a little worried that I don't seem to have been asked to upload much documentation.

funny debz101 was thinking the same...am wondering davo1 if you have kids. do you have kids debz1 this might be evidence..dont know ? I was just asked marriage cert ..

Davo1, Hope you don't mind me asking, but did your checklist ask for relationship evidence? Mine only asked for a marriage certificate, but a little worried that I don't seem to have been asked to upload much documentation.

Quick run down of what I was asked for.......

4 birth certificates

4 passport pages

evidence of name change - used marriage cerificate

ielts evidence

overseas quals evidence - uploaded certificates but not transcripts (wasn't sure if I was supposed to)

Skills assessment

work experience

marriage certificate

4 x passport photos - still to upload

PCC for me and OH - not done yet

medicals x4 - not done yet

Just doesn't seem enough compared to what my sister (she's already in Oz) was telling me I would need to include in a paper application. I'm sure if I need more my case officer will let me know (when I get one that is:wink:)

What other stuff have people been asked for?

Hi all,

I am sure many of you would have already seen the thread we have for 175 cat 4 . We are tracking the progress of the applications in this thread and the thread is a treasure trove of information. The link to the thread is http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121645&referrerid=67742 .

We are also tracking application statuses in a google spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEBgay7xfFvdEpQS2NMbTItV1o5bTctcE4wa1pVWHc .

It would help us all if you could add your details on the forum so that we all can benefit from the information.

I can understand your decision to start a new thread , I thought maybe you all can benefit from what we are doing in the thread.

Good luck to all with their applications.

Cheers,

Sujit.

Edited by Sujit

Murta

Thanks! Its scary but very exciting! I am in child protection at the moment but my background is criminal justice. We are seriously considering Qld (likely brisbane or nearby) as went there in April and really liked it. But keeping options open - I suppose it depends where the jobs are. I was told by a Social Worker in Brisbane, that there were loads of jobs along east coast so fingers crossed! However, I have friends in Darwin, who love it and there are loads of jobs there with lucrative relocation packages on offer. However, same guy from Brissie told me that due to cultural issues, SW's in Darwin would leave kids in a family where they knew abuse was still continuing - which does not sit well with me at all!

I was keen to go this year but using next 12 months or so to save like crazy. Even if its granted this year, we then have the 1 year to validate it, so hopefully that will give you time to think about it. Its stressful!

Crazy prices for medicals! Thats for overall check, x-ray and blood test. Shocking really, glad to see the Police check is much cheaper (£35pp). The woman at medical centre told me to book but when I emailed back quoting the extract from automated email from DIAC saying wait until they tell us to get meds etc done she never replied! Go figure!

Debz101,

Not at all, ask away!! Do not worry it did not ask for the evidence. As soon as I clicked submit for the application and got the page up, I just uploaded docs as per paper checklist ( I am a tad anal!!). But on my email checklist it only asked for my marriage certificate so do not worry!

Murta,

Yeah, I have a step-daughter, so as you can imagine, the list of docs for that was fun - court order etc etc!! No worries, I was only asked for marriage cert too - should have checked email copy rather than paper copy as I would have saved myself some work! lol!

Guest melanie79

hi guys! congrats to everyone who has lodged the applications! exciting times! just looking for some advice. i have just had my application for skills assessment approved anmac for nursing.(checked online!!!) my query is- i have to wait for the letter to come in the post now, does anyone know can i still apply for a 175 even though im still waiting for the letter, i know you have 28 days to upload everything so does that include the skills application letter of determination? id hate to pay for the visa and then find out later that i had to have everything to hand straight away, even though i have been approved for the skills but dont yet have the letter. im just a bit worried thatr it may not arrive in the post in the next week before the 1st july deadline. any advice would be really appreciated. mel x

Hi Melanie,

I had my application waiting for a skills outcome too. Although mine was delivered via email so fairly quick. All you need to proceed with the application is the reference number you were allocated by the assessing body, and the date you got the positive outcome. I wasn't asked for anything else. I submitted on 16/06 and still have docs to upload, so personally I would go for it if you have checked your outcome online.

Debz

Edited by Debz101
Hadn't finished

Guest melanie79

thanks for that debz! i just had look back on the skills assessing authority page. it doesnt give me a date it was approved however. it gives me a reference number & then says: Application Status: Application approved. (i know it was within the last 3 days though as before then it said assessing documentation). so im not too sure what to say for the date. i think i will ring them sun night/mon morn to see what the story is & how long it will take, then apply for the 175 early next week too!!! good luck with your visa application & thanks for your reply! mel

Murta,

Yeah, I have a step-daughter, so as you can imagine, the list of docs for that was fun - court order etc etc!! No worries, I was only asked for marriage cert too - should have checked email copy rather than paper copy as I would have saved myself some work! lol!

Yeah am beginning to think once we have kids the marriage cert is enough.

Going back to your info on sw in darwin I too have an old colleague (2 actually) 1 in bris and 1 in sydney. Bris one is very positive and seems to be really emjoying her career and although my syd friend has succeeded well over the the 5 yrs she says gov bodies can be simply "fire fighters" and yes the same as your contact says in Darwin, in sydney some kids are left hme with hi risk..

a challenge for us. I also have a 3rd contact in melbourne who see cp as heavy court work and works long hours. I do have a sw acquaintance in darwin as a MSW and loving it.

I too have spent my career in CP and enjoy it. I hope to aim for TL but will see. Love the idea of sydney so so much but bris seems to be averaging out for everything , costs, pace of life and SW approach. Will keep thinking on this.

Good luck anyhow!

Hi,

I lodged my application on 11th June for myself, my wife and 2 boys 6 and 4. We have a agent working for us who has uploaded all our docs accept for the medicals and police checks. I filled out the form 80 for me and my wife. We have been advised from her that when we have a CO they will ask us to get the medicals and police checks.

Keep us updated when assigned a CO etc, and I will do the same, the sooner the better.

Cheers

Paul

Hi all, my agent lodged my 175 so i can't offer any insight into what was asked for. By the sounds of their email they uploaded pretty much everything i'd provided them, skills assessment, employment reference, P60's/payslip, detials about where i'd livedover the last 10 years, vague medical details etc.

I'm not waiting for a CO to be assigned, so i gues i ought to start saving!

Like Kartscorpion i applied under ANZCO code 'systems analyst'.

I'm also heading to Perth likei think LincolnGirl mentioned. I have a couple of friends there who i hope to crash with while i find my feet should i be granted a VISA of course!

I manged to achieve 70 points with a level 8.5 overall IELTS test, though bizarrely lost 5 points on work history as although i worked in the role for 7 years, i only have a contract starting 2007 to 2012. I was 3 months short getting the 5 years! Irrritatingly by the time the submission was made i did have the complete 5 years and will actually complete 6 years before i hope to move.

Good luck everyone!

Rob.

Hi guys I hope you don't mind me crashing your thread! I'm so pleased I logged on and saw all this! I thought it was all over for me but today I received an email confirming I have accreditation as a radiographer but have the same problem - I have to now wait for it to arrive in the post. Can someone just confirm for me - do you fill in the form, pay the fee (anyone know how much this is?) and then you have 28 days to upload everything? Even though this date will be past 1st July? Sorry if I'm being thick or if this has already asked!

Kelly

Guest melanie79

Hi guys I hope you don't mind me crashing your thread! I'm so pleased I logged on and saw all this! I thought it was all over for me but today I received an email confirming I have accreditation as a radiographer but have the same problem - I have to now wait for it to arrive in the post. Can someone just confirm for me - do you fill in the form, pay the fee (anyone know how much this is?) and then you have 28 days to upload everything? Even though this date will be past 1st July? Sorry if I'm being thick or if this has already asked!Kelly
hi, yeah its just as murta said. i started filling my 175 form out & got to the bit bout skills assessment. you put in your refernce number & the date the skills assessment was approved. thats all that is required in that bit. then pay the fee at the end, then we have 28days to upload all documentation so HAPPY DAYS!!!! we can go ahead. im hoping for it to arrive by post before friday!mel

I have just finished lodging my application about 10 minutes ago! Applicants include myself (30) and boyfriend (32) and I have applied under the ANZSCO code - Accountant (General). Milestones for my app are:

- After accepting a 457 Visa would be too hard to find, 6th April 2012 decide to apply for perm resident visa & find out about Skills Select deadline!

- 14th April 2012 sat IELTS, results received 27th April 2012, W8, R8, L8, S9

- Skills assessment via CPA Australia, applied 20th May 2012, completed 21st June, 2012, received letter in post 25th June 2012, Positive with Australian Bachelor degree and 5 yrs skilled overseas experience validated

- 27/28th June 2012 (UK/Oz time) 175 Visa Application lodged

Can't believe I've done it... Will start uploading documents tomorrow, it's late and I have working in the morning.

Night night y'all :)

Edited by AlloVera

Guest melanie79

i have just finished lodging my application now. all paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will wait til next week to upload documents as working night duty this week (nursing) and i need a little break from all this visa stuff for a while, but wahay i beat the deadline. feel excited but nervous too......

Thanks for the advice! Just waiting up for them to begin their day in order find out the reference number etc for skills assesment and then I am going to apply online and worry afterwards about uploading all the documents! Fingers crossed! Talk about cutting it fine!

Guest melanie79

Just lodged application! Slightly worried as I couldn't see it say anywhere about uploading the documents in 28 days????
i was the same last night & seen where it said i had to upload my documents but it didnt say 28days, howver got an email today confirming receipt of my application and it says 28days in the email- so we are ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by melanie79
spelling mistake