PIOs 175 Lodged June 2012..

Murta

Hey all see the 176 visa flourishing ....so how are all you PIO 175s getting on with the June 2012 goal?

Just lodged mine for me and family ...OH , 6yr old and 2 yr old. SOL Social Worker...

Task of uploading required documents now....let the games begin :happy_face_outlaw_s

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been married for nearly 11 yrs, but have docs on standby should they need it, as my paper forms were asking for evidence of an ongoing relationship (married or not). In fact I can't believe how simple the online process is appearing to be. The paper based version I started seemed to be way more complicated. Or maybe I'm doing it all wrong....:eek:

Guest Linzi79

Hi all,

We lodged our application last Monday ...... lets hope we dont have to wait too long before we get a CO assigned!!!

Hi all,

We lodged our application last Monday ...... lets hope we dont have to wait too long before we get a CO assigned!!!

Hey hey well done!! Have you uploaded all the doc...in the process of doing ours.

Murta

Guest Linzi79
Hey hey well done!! Have you uploaded all the doc...in the process of doing ours.

Murta

We used an agent so they have uploaded all documents for us. Hope uploading your isnt causing you too much stress!

Thought we had to wait for a CO before doing the police checks, even though they are on the list?? Have you filled in form 80's too? Do we have to wait to be told when to do them.

I THOUGHT SO TOO. LODGED ON 15/16 JUNE AND NOW IN THE DOC CHECK LIST ARE THE CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS PENAL CLEARANCE CERTS. no mention of a form 80 anywhere, then they want me and my husband chest x ray and medical - provided a link to forms and where to go. the kids just need medical...

panic set it as no way thought it would be this quick - 2days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no CO in sight too. maybe I am wrong. but it clearly say under the penal section to be returned within 28 days.

what you all think?

Guest Allena

Lodged mine on 5th of June 2012. And medicals and penal clearance were on the list straight away. It means nothing. You'd better wait until case officer tells you to undergo medical checks. Otherwise the clock will be ticking and you might need to have it twice. So far, I have attached everything that is required by the Document Checklist and prepared forms 80 and 1221 that were mentioned in the e-mail but will keep them until requested. Some people received visas without completing form 80. Anyway even in the form 80 it is said that this form is complimentary. Can't see any sense in form 1221 as it is a simple duplicate of from 80 but a little bit shorter.

Hi everyone,

we lodged our 175 application on 9th May and haven't heard anything other than the automated repsonse confirming application received. This does request the additional forms within 28 days which i have not done - can anyone reassure me that this is ok?

Do we need to fill out form 80 and 1221 before a case officer is assigned? Would a case officer not request them as required?

I would hate to prolong the process in any way!:arghh:

Any reassurance or advice gratefully received.

thanks

Murta - I'm new here, but I've joined to find out people's opinions on waiting for Visa changes on 1st July. I went onto immi.gov and there's info about the new system indicating that points threshold is lower. Also saw on another forum a hint that new 189 (replaces 175) visa may come back quicker with SkillsSelect. What are you thoughts???? Were you advised to get into the system before 1st July? Did anyone suggest waiting until after changes?

Lodged mine on 5th of June 2012. And medicals and penal clearance were on the list straight away. It means nothing. You'd better wait until case officer tells you to undergo medical checks. Otherwise the clock will be ticking and you might need to have it twice. So far, I have attached everything that is required by the Document Checklist and prepared forms 80 and 1221 that were mentioned in the e-mail but will keep them until requested. Some people received visas without completing form 80. Anyway even in the form 80 it is said that this form is complimentary. Can't see any sense in form 1221 as it is a simple duplicate of from 80 but a little bit shorter.

Thats a relief Allena as I have been flat out arranging this.booking medicals and xray and have the police check form done and the irish gardai looking for my penal cert. Why do they say this and have our forms with all our details on it? How did you know this? will get cracking on all other doc now as been prioritising the others first...confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also my OH names (greek) so as in our own examples it is like being called James officially but most docs are Jimmy. what evidence should we give to prove this. we put this in under change of name on the 1276..so now they wany proof.

cheers

wannabee

just asked allena the same question as been flat out panicking to get a my head round the penal cert request and medical and xray request forms . Have downloaded them all and completed most...now allena advises to wait..

would be great. have you got all the other docs uploaded?

Hi everyone,

we lodged our 175 application on 9th May and haven't heard anything other than the automated repsonse confirming application received. This does request the additional forms within 28 days which i have not done - can anyone reassure me that this is ok?

Do we need to fill out form 80 and 1221 before a case officer is assigned? Would a case officer not request them as required?

I would hate to prolong the process in any way!:arghh:

Any reassurance or advice gratefully received.

thanks

Murta - I'm new here, but I've joined to find out people's opinions on waiting for Visa changes on 1st July. I went onto immi.gov and there's info about the new system indicating that points threshold is lower. Also saw on another forum a hint that new 189 (replaces 175) visa may come back quicker with SkillsSelect. What are you thoughts???? Were you advised to get into the system before 1st July? Did anyone suggest waiting until after changes?

hannah78

this was the 50 million dollar question. i suppose my fear was that social work would have been taken off the list. other than that I am not sure about the new system...will check it out on the diac website. did hear points lowered to 60 now. didnt hear that about 189 will see.

suppose we were fearful of taking a risk...but now they seem to be processing faster than ever...we would like to wait 12-18mth so will wait and see. good luck with it all..keep your eyes peeled for the answers from others.

#

Murta

we have completed and uploaded all the paperwork required apart from these forms and our photos. I kind of assumed that they would ask for other stuff as required - but am concerned that others seem to be getting such a quick response. I'm a nurse and have the skills assessment complete and the IELTS so I thought we would might priority processing. It all seems a bit random!

Guest kartscorpion

Hello Everyone!!!

Any idea of how the priority group is decided and where mine will fit into.

I have got 'on the dot' 65 points with 7.5 overall on IELTS and have applied for the ANZSCO code - 'Systems Analyst'.

What is this Form 80 & 1221?

Sorry if my post lacks clarity as this is my first one on PomsInOz... :)

Pls let me know if you need further details, which I can help you with asap.

Cheers,

Kartscorpion.

Hello Everyone!!!

Any idea of how the priority group is decided and where mine will fit into.

I have got 'on the dot' 65 points with 7.5 overall on IELTS and have applied for the ANZSCO code - 'Systems Analyst'.

What is this Form 80 & 1221?

Sorry if my post lacks clarity as this is my first one on PomsInOz... :)

Pls let me know if you need further details, which I can help you with asap.

Cheers,

Kartscorpion.

Learning it all myself but form 80 is in relation to the character reference...you await your co to request it (some dont get asked for it) immi website ..all forms will update you on the different things

this thread shows the new format for the 175 now gone http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/153596-top-ten-skilled-migration-changes-1-july-2012-a.html

good luck!

Guest Allena

wannabee, Murta, I personally have no doubts that we do not have to upoad medicals and police certificate in the 28 days period. These docs have a validity of 1 year and you will be required to activate your visa during 1 year starting from the date of the earlier document. Some people, however, do make medicals and police cetificates in advance, just to speed up the process. It's totally your decision. You will be lucky if a CO is assigned early in the process and then it makes sense to have all meds on hand, but if it takes longer than expected you might need to have medicals for the second time. It takes only 2 weeks in my country to make police and meds certs so I'd better wait until I am asked.

Moreover, if you take a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm where it says that

"If your application is in Priority Group 1 or 3; or was lodged within one month of the dates listed in the table above for Priority Groups 4 or 5: you can proceed with health and character clearances ahead of your application being allocated. Applicants should not proceed for applications where a ‘*’ or ‘**’ applies."

So, my personal opinion is to wait until you are asked. But it's up to you!

Forms 80 and 1221 were in the standard letter sent by DIAC after lodgement of visa but they are not on the Document checklist. If you are from HR country you'll definetely be required to fill in those. I have not decided yet if it is better to attach them now, or wait until requested. But I have completed them and have them ready.

Guest Allena

and from the same link it goes that:

"When your application is allocated to a case officer, you will be notified and provided with an email address for all future correspondence. Your case officer can assist with further detail on how to obtain specific clearances, and confirm the validity of any previously obtained clearances.

The validity of your health and character clearances could be impacted by any changes to the allocation dates. You will be responsible for paying any fees and costs associated with obtaining any clearances you need.

"