is there a melbourne meetup in july 08??

Hi all,

wer headed over for a reccie on june 23, 08 for 3 weeks and just wondered if there will be any meetups planned in melbourne? we would really like to meet some of you so we can get some advice and so i wont feel as nervous about having no friends when we move for good!!!!:cry: thanx

Hi all,

wer headed over for a reccie on june 23, 08 for 3 weeks and just wondered if there will be any meetups planned in melbourne? we would really like to meet some of you so we can get some advice and so i wont feel as nervous about having no friends when we move for good!!!!:cry: thanx

I am always up for a coffee, but i will be due to have a baby on 12th August so fingers crossed i will be able to join you if a meet is arranged

Gail

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Kelly&Jamie:wubclub:

All being well, we're flying out to Melbourne on June19th.

If you fancy meeting up with some newly-arrived Poms with stunned looks on their faces, then let us know:twitcy:

Cheers,

Rachel:wubclub:

Guest The Riddler
Hi all,

As per your pm earlier, if you're scouting the Point Cook area feel free to hit us up. I met Gail last week. Be careful of Gails definition of "a cup of coffee"....her OH led me astray with his liking for beers :spinny:

RD

(j/k Gail ;) )

Hi Kelly&Jamie:wubclub:

All being well, we're flying out to Melbourne on June19th.

If you fancy meeting up with some newly-arrived Poms with stunned looks on their faces, then let us know:twitcy:

Cheers,

Rachel:wubclub:

Hi all, we're down in Mornington and if anyone wanders down this way they are welcome to pop by our house. Coffee (or wine and beer) on offer!

Rachel if you don't make it down here pretty soon after arrival I might get the sulks. We're really looking forward to your arrival and I reckon a picnic might be in order!

Felicity:wubclub:

As per your pm earlier, if you're scouting the Point Cook area feel free to hit us up. I met Gail last week. Be careful of Gails definition of "a cup of coffee"....her OH led me astray with his liking for beers :spinny:

RD

(j/k Gail ;) )

Hahaha,

and believe me if i wasn't pregnant i would have had a good few glasses of wine too

Gail

Guest hazel and dave

Hi,

We are flying out on the 25th for a reccie too..... would love to meet up and have a coffee, wine, beer or whatever.

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi all, we're down in Mornington and if anyone wanders down this way they are welcome to pop by our house. Coffee (or wine and beer) on offer!

Rachel if you don't make it down here pretty soon after arrival I might get the sulks. We're really looking forward to your arrival and I reckon a picnic might be in order!

Felicity:wubclub:

That sounds like a plan to me! Only downside is it will be very cold won't it? It would be good to have a little meet-up planned though. I'll try & give it some thought a bit nearer the time.

Rachel xx:cute:

That sounds like a plan to me! Only downside is it will be very cold won't it? It would be good to have a little meet-up planned though. I'll try & give it some thought a bit nearer the time.

Rachel xx:cute:

Rachel what is your definition of very cold my dear???? We arrived in September and didn't wear a coat once, a jumper yes but no coats. June temperatures are usually about the same, maybe even a bit warmer. We were wearing t-shirts and vest tops when we got here - it was like heatwave compared to home.

It has been hot this weekend though - about 36 yesterday and 41 forecast for tomorrow! My poor little sister is melting, she arrived Friday night and is struggling with the difference between home and here!

Felicity

We arrived 14th June this year and yes even tho the weather was warmer than the UK in winter, I can honestly say that it was not the weather for a picnic. At first we didnt feel it so much but we still had to wear a small jacket and we had the heating on in the house!! After being here a while there were times when a coat would have been handy not to mention an umberella!!

The winter here starts from 1st June, with spring from 1st September and I can honestly say you do notice a difference in the weather!!

Would be great to get a meet going however, not sure a picnic would be a great idea!!

Deb xx

Hi,

We would love to meet up with everyone!!!

Just regarding the weather, we arrived in October and it was beautiful, but our last two holidays here were in August, and I have to admit it was cold and wet, but at least you know you have nice weather to look forward too

Love

Tracey

Guest Rachel&Stu

You're right Fizz! When I said "it will be very cold", what I meant to say was "it will be a wee bit nippy":biglaugh:

Of course, here in good old blighty, it is currently very cold:yes: today about 5degC but oh so grey and miserable. I am well into my SAD season, feel just like hibernating:sad: I am so pleased that it is hot and beautiful and sunny and gorgeous where you are:realmad:!

No, seriously, maybe the Melbourne peeps could get their collective heads together and think of a venue (city central, indoors) where the newly-arrived Poms and the Reccie people could all find without too much trauma.

Tootle-pip

Rachel xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ruby Okim
hi all

we move over to melbourne in march and would love to meet up. x

Peppa! Glad to see that you decided to go ahead with your plans for Melbourne. We got our visa in December and will (fingers crossed) be arriving in March/April so will definitely have to hook up and share a coffee/tea/wine!!

Whereabouts are you headed? We're not really sure yet - have to wait to see how the job interviews OH has lined up goes!:)

As for a July meetup, that would be fun! As I'm in the event management industry I'll get my organising hat on as soon as we have settled down a bit and gotten used to the cooler weather. Glad I'm not over there right now - supposed to be boiling!!

Peppa! Glad to see that you decided to go ahead with your plans for Melbourne. We got our visa in December and will (fingers crossed) be arriving in March/April so will definitely have to hook up and share a coffee/tea/wine!!

Whereabouts are you headed? We're not really sure yet - have to wait to see how the job interviews OH has lined up goes!:)

As for a July meetup, that would be fun! As I'm in the event management industry I'll get my organising hat on as soon as we have settled down a bit and gotten used to the cooler weather. Glad I'm not over there right now - supposed to be boiling!!

Hi good to hear from you we are off to brisbane on the 13th feb for 3 months then we move down to melbourne but me and the kids may move down there sooner. ill look forward to meeting up with you. xx

Guest emmadownunder

Hi all - bit new to this site but would love to meet up with everyone. Been here since August and it was a bit chilly when we first arrived as it's generally not as equipped as the UK to deal with the cold - no double glazing/central heating etc BUT...it's nothing like 5 degrees! At least there's seasons here - I couldnt cope with it if it was hot all year round........Plenty of places to meet up in the City obviously - does end of June/beginning of July sound good?

Hi all,

HI WE ARE NEW TO THE SITE MY NAMES JO MY HUBBY SIMON AND TWO CHILDREN ARE THINKING OF LIVING IN MELBOURNE JUST WAITING ON JOB TRANSFER BUT6 WOULD LOVE TO MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS ON HERE SO HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON

TAKE CARE JO XX

Guest kelly.stobbart@sky.com

Hi my name is Kellie, we are probablylooking at moving out the same time spooky!!!! Which part of Melbourne are you looking. My husband is actually flying out 18.02.08 for a job interview and tests so we are hoping to be there in 6 months so we may even be able to meet up xxxx:idea:

Guest T and family

hello we are the rigby family we land in melbourne march 14th and are renting and hoping to buy in point cook... im up for a meeting the kids will be at school making friends hubby in the city making friends... how does mum at home make friends in melbourne.... worries me slightly !!! dont want to be lonely all day ... any ideas...

Guest cmallon

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to the site and should hopefully be going over to Melbourne in March. We will be in the north west suburbs initially but would definatley be interested in meeting some new friends. There is me, my OH who has a job and our wee boy who is 2 and a half. I won't be working for the first wee while until we are a bit more settled so it will be nice to have some people to chat to.

Archived