Bricklayer removed from sol 2012...oh damn!!!!!

Ste5hk

I don't believe the've done this, if I don't pass my IELTS next week I can kiss Australia goodbye, and I've failed it once already so it's not looking good. If there's any bricklayers on here just starting the process I'm afraid it's too late, the changes come on 1st July. I get my results next Sat for IELTS that gives me 7 days to apply for visa or the dream has gone!

Steve

My OH is a brickie and applied for his visa April 2008 and having the slowest agent in the world it took till June/July 2009 before she said she'd submit it. In the Sept she told him it had changed and bricklayers were off the list!!! He wasnt happy (putting it mildly) and was told it could be a year or two before they could be back on the skills list. Our plans therefore had to change. We bought a house to do up, got pregnant then POW! in Feb 2010 he was granted his visa and had 6 mths to validate. So he had to fly out leaving me heavily pregnant at home. Honest to god, talk about **** timing! ha

Anyway, what im trying to say is IF your results arent what you need then it doesnt mean its over.

Chin up and good luck with it all.

I took it last week Stace, wish I knew then what I do now!

Sorry i didnt read it properly, think my eyesights getting worse lol. Try not worry, theres nothing you can do now. Fingers crossed that you've passed. So you wouldnt get another chance to resit in time? What about sponsorship for 457, is that possible instead?

My OH is a brickie and applied for his visa April 2008 and having the slowest agent in the world it took till June/July 2009 before she said she'd submit it. In the Sept she told him it had changed and bricklayers were off the list!!! He wasnt happy (putting it mildly) and was told it could be a year or two before they could be back on the skills list. Our plans therefore had to change. We bought a house to do up, got pregnant then POW! in Feb 2010 he was granted his visa and had 6 mths to validate. So he had to fly out leaving me heavily pregnant at home. Honest to god, talk about **** timing! ha

Anyway, what im trying to say is IF your results arent what you need then it doesnt mean its over.

Just in shock at the minute, like you probably were. I can't believe they took bricklayer off the list, It never even crossed my mind that it would! Thanks for your reply

Sorry i didnt read it properly, think my eyesights getting worse lol. Try not worry, theres nothing you can do now. Fingers crossed that you've passed. So you wouldnt get another chance to resit in time? What about sponsorship for 457, is that possible instead?

No time to re-sit and I'm 40 in Sept so too old for 457 visa, gonna be a horrible week waiting for results lol.

No time to re-sit and I'm 40 in Sept so too old for 457 visa, gonna be a horrible week waiting for results lol.

i thought the 457 was upto age 45 plus i thought after these changes it went upto 50 but dont quote me on that! rubbish that you cant resit tho :( i've got everything crossed for you x

i thought the 457 was upto age 45 plus i thought after these changes it went upto 50 but dont quote me on that! rubbish that you cant resit tho :( i've got everything crossed for you x

Sorry you're right there's no age limit for that visa, I think it's only a temperary visa tho which is not what I wanted, thanks Stacey

Sorry you're right there's no age limit for that visa, I think it's only a temperary visa tho which is not what I wanted, thanks Stacey

I guess you could go on the temp one if you can find a employer to sponsor and then they could sponsor you for PR. so maybe its not the end after all. but dont worry about all that untill you have your results, im sure you've done fine!

you say your OH went to validate on his own? have you already go your visa?

I don't believe the've done this, if I don't pass my IELTS next week I can kiss Australia goodbye, and I've failed it once already so it's not looking good. If there's any bricklayers on here just starting the process I'm afraid it's too late, the changes come on 1st July. I get my results next Sat for IELTS that gives me 7 days to apply for visa or the dream has gone!

Steve

Aw we got everything crossed for u xx

Bricklayer will likely go on to the New Consolidated SOL.

Due to your age change in September - and Bricklayer not being on SOL after 1 July - you should get SS and apply for the 176 visa if you can get it in before then. WA has Bricklayer on their SMP.

The reason for this as after 1 July and Bricklayer is no longer on the SOL if you applied for 175 your application will go in to Priority processing group 5.

I can kiss Australia goodbye, and I've failed it once already so it's not looking good. If there's any bricklayers on here just starting the process I'm afraid it's too late, the changes come on 1st July.

Have you consulted an experienced RMA to discuss possible strategies?

Archived