How to prove years of work experience for GSM 175 or 176 VISA?

rebecca2000

Hi everybody.

I am new to the forum and want to find out how to prove the years of experience while applying for 175 or 176 GSM visa? My brother has applied for a RPL from ACS and is expecting a positive assessment soon, based on the correspondence till date. The RPL requires 6 years of experience. His total experience is 9 yrs+. In order to obtain the 15 points for overseas work experience, he needs to prove his relevant work experience to be more than 8 years. We believe ACS will certify that he has more than 6 years of experience based on the RPL reports. What is the way to establish the balance years if ACS does not mention that in the assessment result?

Any suggestion/opinion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

becky

hi it is Diac who determine your work experience so even if you receive an assessment letter from the skills authority it will still be assessed. i didnt bother and lots havent - it may change in the future but why spend it if you dont need to and save time too. Diac will ask for the same evidence anyway

The diac website says the following in one place: "Your relevant Assessing Authority which undertook your skills assessment may also provide an opinion on your skilled employment experience. The department will consider the Assessing Authority’s opinion when awarding points." Note the word "MAY". I understand that getting a certificate from the assessing body will make life much easier with DIAC but I am wondering whether DIAC will assess on its own at all, if the assessing authority does not provide the necessary certificate?

Is there any other alternate way to get an assessment done in advance?

PS: The link for the above quote is here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/points-work-experience-study.htm

Edited by rebecca2000

As I said above DIAC do assess your employment experience anyway- if you want to get an assessment done by the skills authority it can only provide an advice letter to DIAC. DIAC make the final decision and do assess your work experience anyway. There is no other way to get to it assessed before, are you worried about it not meeting their criteria? To be honest I have seen posts where people have discovered that DIAC does not agree with the findings of the assessing authority either!

As I said above DIAC do assess your employment experience anyway- if you want to get an assessment done by the skills authority it can only provide an advice letter to DIAC. DIAC make the final decision and do assess your work experience anyway. There is no other way to get to it assessed before, are you worried about it not meeting their criteria? To be honest I have seen posts where people have discovered that DIAC does not agree with the findings of the assessing authority either!

Thanks. Point taken.

Worry about meeting the criteria? A little bit of issue, though that was not the reason for starting the thread. The original question was the first question and I now feel comfortable that he can apply directly to DIAC with the docs.

Now the issue...My brother worked in 3 places over 9 years. He does not have enough documentation from the first place of work and it was 9 years back. The last 2 places of work will add up to 7 years and 9 months ...i.e. 3 mnths short of the mark as on June 2012. This will reduce the 5 points in the test. Can somebody point me where immigration department defines how they measure the length of employment? Is it on the date of the application or is it on the day case officer is allocated? If he applies now and a CO is allocated only 4 months down the line, he would have completed 8 years of work experience in these 2 jobs only. Is that a possibility?

I you cant get evidence from the employer the other ways are through wage slips, bank records and his end of year tax statements- another way or in addition would be to do a statutory declaration for this period!

Thanks. The stat dec sounds a good idea. Will DIAC consider that? Didnt realise! He has a letter from that employer but it does not clearly state the details of the work he was performing and hence the issue of "relevant work experience" crops up.

As for the wage slip etc, unfortunately he does not have anything from 9 years back.

Hello

I sent stat doc and a letter for mine as the company i had worked for years ago have long gone. i also sent the 3 years accounts and i got a copy of my ni contributions from when i left school to present date as that list all payments and employers details and sent them...

• Like 1

Thanks. The stat dec sounds a good idea. Will DIAC consider that? Didnt realise! He has a letter from that employer but it does not clearly state the details of the work he was performing and hence the issue of "relevant work experience" crops up.

As for the wage slip etc, unfortunately he does not have anything from 9 years back.

as the period he is covering in this way is so short and his other employment evidence will be very strong I think it is highly likely that they will accept the stat declaration as well as the employers letter even though it is limited in information because it is clear that he was employed and that he is someone with a very strong employment history which is evidenced. You could run this point via a migration agent as part of an initial consultation which is usually free. Others have had to provide stat decs for more lengthy periods and it would really be worth others who have had similar experiences good or bad posting here?

To answer your question, the day of application counts for the point test (which is bad in your case but on the other hand you don't lose points when passing an age threshold before the application is processed).

Joanna,

thanks for the clarification on that point. and I agree that for many people this can be helpful when the processing takes time, while it may not be the case with my brother.

as the period he is covering in this way is so short and his other employment evidence will be very strong I think it is highly likely that they will accept the stat declaration as well as the employers letter even though it is limited in information because it is clear that he was employed and that he is someone with a very strong employment history which is evidenced.

We are hoping the same. Anybody else's experience will be greatly helpful.

• 1 year later...

Better late than never. I just wanted to thank everybody who advised me on this thread. My brother submitted his application with statutory declaration of himself as well as from some of his ex-colleagues about the work experience. After a long wait finally got his PR granted few months back. :-)

Better late than never. I just wanted to thank everybody who advised me on this thread. My brother submitted his application with statutory declaration of himself as well as from some of his ex-colleagues about the work experience. After a long wait finally got his PR granted few months back. :-)

Congratulations :)

• Like 1

Hi Rebbeca,

I sent you a PM, please advice me.

Hi Alaa,

I am not clear from your PM which VISA you are wanting to apply for! It appears that you have already got an assessment from ACS. You have not mentioned whether it is a positive assessment.

If your concern is about proving the 8 years of experience, which you are completing next month, in my opinion it is not necessary to get that confirmed by ACS. ACS has probably mentioned 5 years of experience in their certificate because

• either you have shown them only 5 years of experience and not shown the rest

• or they have not recognised the rest of the experience as they have not seen enough documentation.

You need to assess why they have mentioned 5 years!

As a generic position, I can refer to advise by other people on this thread that DIAC will independently assess your work experience. As long as you can prove your work experience to DIAC, you dont need to worry about about the work experience mentioned by ACS.

Wish you luck.

Rebecca

PS: I will suggest that you post your query in the Forum instead of PM in future

as it lets more people to respond and help you.

Hi Alaa,

I am not clear from your PM which VISA you are wanting to apply for! It appears that you have already got an assessment from ACS. You have not mentioned whether it is a positive assessment.

If your concern is about proving the 8 years of experience, which you are completing next month, in my opinion it is not necessary to get that confirmed by ACS. ACS has probably mentioned 5 years of experience in their certificate because

• either you have shown them only 5 years of experience and not shown the rest

• or they have not recognised the rest of the experience as they have not seen enough documentation.

You need to assess why they have mentioned 5 years!

As a generic position, I can refer to advise by other people on this thread that DIAC will independently assess your work experience. As long as you can prove your work experience to DIAC, you dont need to worry about about the work experience mentioned by ACS.

Wish you luck.

Rebecca

PS: I will suggest that you post your query in the Forum instead of PM in future

as it lets more people to respond and help you.

Hi Rebecca,

I am sorry I didn't clear all the points, I want to apply for 189 visa and I got a positive assessment and they mentioned 5 years and 3 months of experience only in the certificate because I didn't send them the experience letters for the other companies.

So, if I got the experience letters from these companies, do I need to get back to ACS to recognize them? or DIAC don't care about what is written on the assessment letter regarding the experience and they will do this task?

For all other members to understand my situation, I got a positive assessment from ACS last year, but I sent them an experience letter for 5 years and 3 months only, and ACS wrote the 5 Years and 3 months in the letter. Until now everything is good, next month I will complete 8 years of experience, and I need these 5 points to complete the 60 points, do I need to do the assessment again with ACS to recognize the 8 years of experience or DIAC will do this and they will not care about the recognized experience on the assessment letter?

Edited by Alaa