Bloody awful feeling

vixxy666

well it was my penultimate day at work and had a little lunch out and card giving well I was so emotional feels like I'm leaving a great career and great friends I'm obviously romanticising it as everyone is extra nice when someone leaves but it's worrying as I'm struggling to find jobs in my industry where we'll live as we went with oh's job. Last day tomorrow then our for a night out then a weekend of nights with friends will make leaving Tuesday so hard as your sharing some of your best moments just because your leaving and that's something I need to remember to keep me going. I'm excited to see the oh after 2 months and explore the place and hopefully will get any job till I can get something like a career.anyway winge over lol

your very right! Hard leaving on a high much easier to try something new when the chips are down but I feel happy that I'm going to give it a try and hopefully we'll be happy and won't wonder what if and I'm sure I'll make some good friends already got a few out there to meet up with so got to stay positive! A big bottle of red will also help I think :)

Guest sadiesmum

Just think this time next week you will be with your OH and more importantly you will be in Oz!

Im sure you will find work, there seems to be loads of opportunities at the hospital and university, try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

I hope that your OH is enjoying his job, I bet he cant wait to see you.

We are STILL waiting for our visas so all I can do for now is keep flagging properties as they come up and keep adding to my ever growing list of stuff to do.

Keep smiling:hug:

thanks sadiesmum I've just got back from tea with one of my oldest friends and we said our goodbyes without crying which was good had a natter n feel much better. Cant wait to see my oh jobs going well so that's good! Just telling my friend about the colonial part of rocky and was explaining about captain cook etc but called him Thomas cook instead so I think I've had a nice amount of wine lol

tomorrow will be a good day and the start of a fab few days with good friends :) Good luck and keep in touch I can show u round when you get here and we want to play tennis :)

I was distraught leaving my work place, in fact for about 3 days afterwards, everytime I went to read my leaving card I ended up in tears. By far the worst moment of leaving for me as I realised that I'd probably never see these people again.

thanks everyone woke up to my final day of work excited so thats a good start there's a ball in the pit of my stomach still but I think that's a keeper for now! The great British weather is helping being wet and cold - binned my old winter coat last week and my other ones heading over there maybe should of had a brolly oops hope I don't get soaked on my way to work! Lots of drinking and merriment tonight so just going to enjoy! This time next week I'll be living in oz :-O

Guest guest17301

Yes I was quite devastated to leave my workplace in the UK, I think I would feel the same about leaving here now though!

good to know Fiona :) my oh thinks I'll be happy I'm just the sensible worrier in the relationship I think if the prospect of work was better I'd be uncontrollable excited just got fear instead but I'm very lucky to be going so just got to be positive I'll be there in no time now :)

Archived