175 Lodged April 2012

Guest doniedsilva

hi all..first post on PIO but have been reading up for quite a while..loads of helpful info on here so thought I'll do my bit to shed some light on how the application is progressing..

[TABLE=width: 381]

[TR]

[TD]ACS application[/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[TD=align: right]Feb-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ACS result[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Feb-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS exam[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Mar-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS result[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Mar-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GSM 175 online application[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Apr-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CO assigned[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Jun-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals undertaken[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PCC applications[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals uploaded[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

tbh I'm surprised that we got a reply from a Case Officer so soon considering the allocation dates on the DIAC website seem to indicate that they are only processing applications from January 2012..not complaining though :)

we are still waiting for the PCCs to arrive and hopefully that will be the end of whatever's required from our end..although not sure how long after that a visa decision will be made by the DIAC, just hoping that since the CO has already asked for medicals, PCCs etc that means the rest of our application is in order...

fingers crossed!

It looks like your dates are similar to ours...

175 application online submitted 19/04/2012,

Our CO was assigned on 04/06/2012,

PCCs uploaded 22/06/2012,

Medicals taken 25/06/2012,

Medicals finished uploading on 03/07/2012

Now....waiting..............

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hemangag

Hi!Welcome to the thread! What date in May did you submit your application and what date in June did you get a CO?
thanks!application was submitted on 16th April..and we had an email from the CO requesting additional info on 5th June..any ideas on how long it would be once the PCCs have been uploaded (assuming the CO doesn't need anything else from us) to get a visa decision?

Guest doniedsilva

Hello,

Excerpts from DIAC website updated 4th July '12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority processing arrangements apply to skilled migration applications. They determine the order in which the department considers applications. Applications accorded a higher priority under the arrangements will be processed ahead of lower priority applications, regardless of when the application is lodged.

The following table details processing priorities for skilled migration applications.

Note: The highest priority is listed first. SkillSelect applications (187, 186, 190 and 489) will be the highest priority in each group.

[TABLE=class: cms_table_tableborder, width: 1]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center]Priority Group Number

[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #ECECEC, align: center]Application Type[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Sponsored Migration Scheme visa applications.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Employer sponsored applications made either through SkillSelect or through other channels.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Applications nominated by a State/Territory government agency.

Order of processing will be:

1. applications lodged from 1 July 2012 through SkillSelect
  2. applications in this priority for other General Skilled Migration (GSM) subclasses (subclass 176, 475, 487 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Applications with nominated occupations on the Skilled Occupation List Schedule 1.

See: Skilled Occupation List ( 37KB PDF file)

Order of processing will be:

1. applications lodged from 1 July 2012 through SkillSelect
  2. applications within this priority for other GSM subclasses (subclass 175, 176, 475, 487, 885 and 886 applications).

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I've picked up from the DIAC website yesterday. Probably the first update since SkillSelect went live. Now does this mean SkillSelect application supersedes the older applications. Will the "older" 175 Cat 4 applications be delayed further?

I just read this and I have hit the panic button. Does anyone have a little more information.

Regards,

Donie

you would have thought they would want to get the older applications out of the way before they start looking at the new ones. I think that was the reason why some of us got a CO so quickly after we submitted our application. The priority list has always been the same, sponsorship applications first followed by the general applications.

Guest hemangag

Visa GRANTED....yesterday!!!!!! 175 GSM visa. Applied on 19th April 2012, CO allocated 4th June 2012, Medicals taken 25th June 2012, Visa Granted 9th June 2012 :)

congrats JennyandPete!!!!!!!! we are still waiting for the PCCs to come through but looks like after everything was uploaded you had the visa decision within a week or so which is good.....

I lodged my application on 30.05.2012 and got my CO today 11.07.2012.The CO is asking for medicals and PCCs. I'll be done probably next week with these. But I have no idea what to do with the FBI, I already sent the documents but I'm having some problems with the delivery. Most probably I'll get new fingerprints and use sourier service this time, but I'll have to inform the CO for a delay for the FBI PCC, even though I was in the States from 05.2002 to 09.2004. Do I really need a FBI PCC? If the CO is asking for medicals and PCCs, that means that everything else is ok - is that right?

I lodged my application on 30.05.2012 and got my CO today 11.07.2012.The CO is asking for medicals and PCCs. I'll be done probably next week with these. But I have no idea what to do with the FBI, I already sent the documents but I'm having some problems with the delivery. Most probably I'll get new fingerprints and use sourier service this time, but I'll have to inform the CO for a delay for the FBI PCC, even though I was in the States from 05.2002 to 09.2004. Do I really need a FBI PCC? If the CO is asking for medicals and PCCs, that means that everything else is ok - is that right?

I thought it was your current country you needed PCC for? However, I may be wrong!

What do you do phillllip?

Yep, PCC from my country is easy and fast. Medicals are also fast - i'm going next week on 18.07. But I lived in the US from 2002 to 2004, and I need FBI PCC, because I spent more than 12 months there in the last 10 years. I'm not worried about the result even though I was illegally in the States - I have never been arrested or anything like it. My problem is that I want the FBI PCCs faster and it's not going to happen and I'll have to ask for extension my CO on them.

I'm not worried, because I wasn't arrested or anything. I just overstayed my J-1 visa with almost 2 years, but I didn't do anything bad, so I'll be fine. I'll keep you posted on the result from the FBI. I want them back fast, but it's gonna take time, so i'll live with it.

I used a highlighter to add some colour to my black and white docs, this may not be acceptable for the important docs but it seemed to work ok for our de-facto relationship evidence, i had mortgage statements in B&W, I just highlighted in blue the joint names at the top.

Ah ha - great to finally find a thread on 175 apps from 2012. And funny how many people have the same tales of woe with ielts. Like so many I got 8.5 average but fluffed one of the tests getting only 7.5. I thought my chances of hitting the July 1st deadline were gone but I managed to find another ielts test centre and scraped 8 on each part :) submitted app to diac with 3 days to spare! Like so many I'm desperately hoping for a quick assignment to a case officer but 6 months to be assigned seems to be the consensus of opinion at the moment. Anyone get it earlier please let us know to keep our spirits high :)

Guest Garethhalliday

Hi guys,

Great thread, Donna we submitter our 175 visa just after you (25.05.12) so it'll be interesting to see how you're getting on. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!

Hi guys,

Great thread, Donna we submitter our 175 visa just after you (25.05.12) so it'll be interesting to see how you're getting on. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!

Hi Gareth, we submitted a couple of days after. You on 28th may and are anxiously waiting too, I hope it's not much longer but have a feeling it might be a couple of weeks yet.:arghh:

Hi everyone! I lodged my 175 just in time two weeks ago! Can I ask did you all certify your black and white copy documents? Or did you take the chance and just scan them?! Thanks

Kelly

B&W need certifying, colours don't. Everything we scanned on was certified as we had already had them done a while ago so just used them anyway.

Guest Garethhalliday

I sent all original docs to my agent, who certified them and sent on to DIAC. Everyone seems to have done it differently, it'll be ok I'm sure! Roll on case officer.

Ah ha - great to finally find a thread on 175 apps from 2012. And funny how many people have the same tales of woe with ielts. Like so many I got 8.5 average but fluffed one of the tests getting only 7.5. I thought my chances of hitting the July 1st deadline were gone but I managed to find another ielts test centre and scraped 8 on each part :) submitted app to diac with 3 days to spare! Like so many I'm desperately hoping for a quick assignment to a case officer but 6 months to be assigned seems to be the consensus of opinion at the moment. Anyone get it earlier please let us know to keep our spirits high :)

so did you get all submitted then?? GOOD LUCK

WE have a "PIOLodged 175 in June" forum going too that can keep you up todate ...

Hi Jamie S,

I think this post will pick your spirits up, it certain has my Wife and I in an over excited mood, if you look at our timeline below you can see that things have been moving very quickly and to add to that we got notification on Monday that our Visa had been granted. So, from the 3/5/12 to 9/7/12 it's happened and we are in a state of shock but really really happy.....................................................

We're off to the wonderful world of Oz!!!!! :biggrin:

I am just going to update my timeline and update the other threads we're in.

JoandRob

Edited by JoandRob

That is fantastic news JoandRob - just over 2 months from start to finish must be some kind of record :wink:

Can I ask what occupation you guys are going out under? I'm just trying to figure out if DIAC fast-track specific occupations or whether it really is the luck of the draw?

All the best - when do you both plan heading out Down Under?