175 Lodged April 2012

Guest doniedsilva

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I checked my status online yesterday evening and nothing had changed but woke up this morning to an email from our newly appointed CO!!! :biggrin:

I am so excited I can't believe it - we only applied at the beginning of April so was expecting to have at least a few months to lose a few pounds before the medical!

So now need to print off all the forms and get cracking with medicals etc

Guest doniedsilva

Many congratulations, GillianC and dinosaur87.

Could you please give us some more details regarding your occupation etc?

I'm a nurse & british citizen so hopefully a very straightforward case. I think the current shortfall of nurses means that our visas do seem to get processed quite quickly but things have definitely speeded up over the last month, and especially the last few weeks.

Guest dinosaur87

thanks and congrats Gillianc! am really glad for you! =)

i'm an accountant and a singapore citizen.

i guess that my australian degree helped too.

We're finally lodged our application on Sunday night, 27th and uploaded all the documents Monday night. I have seen through the posts on here over the last few weeks that co's are getting allocated really quickly but wow April applications getting co's that's amazing. good luck everyone :-)

Guest doniedsilva
I'm a nurse & british citizen so hopefully a very straightforward case. I think the current shortfall of nurses means that our visas do seem to get processed quite quickly but things have definitely speeded up over the last month, and especially the last few weeks.

Yeah v.true. All the very best.

Hi we lodged at the end of feb and were contacted last week requesting medicals, police checks and 8 years worth of pay cheques/tax info to prove that I was paid for the work I am claiming. We lodged for 175.

it has taken us a bit by surprise as we were told 12-18 months by our agent. We aren't planning to go out there for at least 2 years as hubby is finishing his nursing degree and the teenager has A levels to do. May be longer if the house prices don't improve. Decided we had to do it as I was 45 last month. An expensive but hopefully good move. Just found out we will have to fund University feesof or our daughter over there (no loans) so we will both need to be certain of our ability to get a job. Hopefully in Brisbane area. I am a teacher and hubby will be a nurse!

Guest Allena

WOW!!!! Congrats Jenny and Pete!!! I still can't decide if I want to apply for 175 or 176. If 175 are processed so quickly, seems like I should give it a try. Can you please say how many points did you have in your application?

Guest doniedsilva
We applied on April 19th 2012 and we have been assigned our CO today (4th June 2012). Just over 6 weeks!!! Excited!!:arghh:

Congrats Jenny and Pete :)

Could you tell me your profession, please?

Guest doniedsilva
I create maps for Satellite Navigation and other online map sites. I was assessed under "Other Spatial Scientist".

Wow, interesting.

WOW!!!! Congrats Jenny and Pete!!! I still can't decide if I want to apply for 175 or 176. If 175 are processed so quickly, seems like I should give it a try. Can you please say how many points did you have in your application?

Hi Allena,

I have been trying to understand if there are any benefits of going either way between 175 and 176(family)! If you have any ideas to share, it will be great.

Very little time left till end of June...

An important thing to highlight I think is to make sure you have 2 years left on your passport from when you apply!! I nearly missed it and it was my OH that noticed.. i thought as long as both our passports had 6 months on them it would be fine.

Hi Donna,

Can you throw some light on why the 2 years? I was under the impression of 6 months till I read this....

cheers

I know a few of you are alway well along the way with 175 so hoping you may help! Today I rang a panel doctor to enquire about medicals. I gave my trn number (submitted visa last month) and they checked online and said my medicals have been requested-but I don't have a CO yet? I thought you needed one before they request medicals?