175 Lodged April 2012

Guest doniedsilva

Guest cowoala

HI all,

We lodged GSM175 on 31 May 2012, got assigned CO on 19 June . CO asked for more documents, medicals and PCC. We have submitted all required documents, waiting for PCC to come back. We did our medical early July. Hubby's medical is finalised but mine was referred :( I have not heard anything from them regarding my medical but it has been 2 weeks. Does anyone know what should I do? I wrote to my case officer last Monday but she didn't reply .... what should I do?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaycris

not sure if it will work for your CO but it worked for mine... when you sent the rest of the requirements, did you write to him/her already?

I wrote in with status for all the documents required and asked for those in transit whether or not he/she received it already.

CO answered with received and told me which ones are still pending.

Hi Jamie S,

My Wife, Jo, is the main applicant and it's under Secondary School Teacher and my occupation is IT (Software Asset Management). Not sure when we will go yet but we have to go to at least validate the Visa before 28/6/13.

Jo and Rob :smile:

Edited by JoandRob

Hi Cowoala,

With our application we kept our CO updated with the progress of his requests regarding the medicals etc and told him when we had uploaded everything as well. If you are waiting medicals I would check your application status to see if the medical status has been updated. If you want to know how long they could take I would also suggest contacting the place that you attended to get them done and see if they have an update. We were told that if we didn't hear anything from them, all was OK. I hope this helps.

Jo and Rob

Guest cowoala
Hi Jamie S,

My Wife, Jo, is the main applicant and it's under Secondary School Teacher and my occupation is IT (Software Asset Management). Not sure when we will go yet but we have to go to at least validate the Visa before 28/6/13.

Jo and Rob :smile:

I have written to CO after I sent in all the documents, she has always been very prompt in replying email (Basically replied within the next hour or so )this today is working day 6 and she still have not replied. Should I write to her again?

As for my medical, we used e-health. My result was referred,so they must have received it and sent it to HOC for further evaluation . I think I start to crack under these stress:(

Guest jaycris

If everything has been sent, I think it's ok to write her again... just ask for the status of each document (or if she's acknowledged some just put it in the e-mail as well)

Sample:

PCC - sent dd-mon-yyyy (attach proof of sending), received dd-mon-yyyy (attach proof of receipt)

Medicals - done dd-mon-yyyy, received (attach screenshot of online status)

do this for the rest and then ask her to acknowledge the documents. i dont think it will be a problem

Guest cowoala
If everything has been sent, I think it's ok to write her again... just ask for the status of each document (or if she's acknowledged some just put it in the e-mail as well)

Sample:

PCC - sent dd-mon-yyyy (attach proof of sending), received dd-mon-yyyy (attach proof of receipt)

Medicals - done dd-mon-yyyy, received (attach screenshot of online status)

do this for the rest and then ask her to acknowledge the documents. i dont think it will be a problem

yay, she finally replied :D said she is now just waiting for my medical and our PCC, fingers crossed :D

Guest irisheyesaresmiling

hey there everyone. My online status was still showing that several documents were outstanding even though everything including medicals & Police checks had been uploaded. I know this is common place but I decided to email my CO just to see if I would get a response and gain some idea when I may receive a grant.

I woke this morning and had 2 emails from DIAC. One apologising as some sort of technical error resulted in my CO seeing that documents were still outstanding and that was the reason for the delay. The 2nd was my visa grant letter !!. I am so relieved and happy to have this process over with. Thanks to everyone on here for all your support couldn't have got through it without you.

I guess now the planning really starts !.

Guest cowoala
hey there everyone. My online status was still showing that several documents were outstanding even though everything including medicals & Police checks had been uploaded. I know this is common place but I decided to email my CO just to see if I would get a response and gain some idea when I may receive a grant.

I woke this morning and had 2 emails from DIAC. One apologising as some sort of technical error resulted in my CO seeing that documents were still outstanding and that was the reason for the delay. The 2nd was my visa grant letter !!. I am so relieved and happy to have this process over with. Thanks to everyone on here for all your support couldn't have got through it without you.

I guess now the planning really starts !.

Yayyyy, that is fantastic news :) Have a great journey :D

Guest mikeyz

Hi Everyone,

April my Application for 175 visa was files in June CO was appointed, submitted all relevant documents and received a mail of satisfaction from my CO, in terms of medicals, my medicals have been finalized and my wifes medicals are in referred stage where the panel of doctors where we went have cleared her reports and its been 2 weeks and still waiting for the status change; any update how long will it take for the status to change from referred to something positive :), please let me know

And the relevant timelines after that to have our visa granted.

Guest jaycris
yay, she finally replied :D said she is now just waiting for my medical and our PCC, fingers crossed :D

that's great... were at the same stage now... hehehe

Hi Everyone,

April my Application for 175 visa was files in June CO was appointed, submitted all relevant documents and received a mail of satisfaction from my CO, in terms of medicals, my medicals have been finalized and my wifes medicals are in referred stage where the panel of doctors where we went have cleared her reports and its been 2 weeks and still waiting for the status change; any update how long will it take for the status to change from referred to something positive :), please let me know

And the relevant timelines after that to have our visa granted.

Hi! My medical was referred for a month and only just cleared. Funny though, I sent in a notification of change form and as soon as they recieved that seems someone finalised my medical as though it just sat there waiting for someone to look at it to finalise it.

Guest melanie79

Nearly there!!!!!

hi! My medical was referred for a month and only just cleared. Funny though, i sent in a notification of change form and as soon as they recieved that seems someone finalised my medical as though it just sat there waiting for someone to look at it to finalise it.

applied 175 31st march 2012, got assigned co on the 26th june 2012, was asked to submit forms 1022 and forms 80 for me and spouse plus other documents regarding my qualifications and work reference, and now i have been informed i have to wait a further a minimum of 6 months for external checks?!!

not sure why this would be the case, is anyone out there in similar situation? as i naively thought things would progress quickly?! and i would be rquested for my medical and police checks etc.

applied 175 31st march 2012, got assigned co on the 26th june 2012, was asked to submit forms 1022 and forms 80 for me and spouse plus other documents regarding my qualifications and work reference, and now i have been informed i have to wait a further a minimum of 6 months for external checks?!!

not sure why this would be the case, is anyone out there in similar situation? as i naively thought things would progress quickly?! and i would be rquested for my medical and police checks etc.

Which country are you from? Is it a high risk country? Applicants from high risk countries usually have to go through external checks.

Hi all, sorry I've not posted for a while. We flew out to Oz end of May and enjoyed a fab few weeks with our family. Took us a few weeks to get back in the swing of things at work and sadly, we have recently been burgled!! :( Its been such a horrible experience and we've only just realised that we're insured for 2k for a theft related claim. We're gutted as we're now going to be out thousands as who ever did it got away with loads. Our recent trip and this has reconfirmed 1 million per cent that immigrating is the right thing for us!! *

Anyway i'm sure you can imagine my excitement when I logged back on and found out things have been moving really fast for some of us!!! We still don't have a CO yet so I'm praying we hear in the next few weeks and we dont end up at the back of the queue behind all the new system applications!! We've also had an offer on our flat which we've accepted so we're keeping our fingers crossed the sale goes through ok!! We were shocked we got an offer so quick so everything is a bit manic dealing with insurance companies, police re. Burglary, looking for rented flat and starting to sort through/packing our things!! I've been pretty emotional too with everything as its another big step in our journey... Oh and we're also trying to organise getting married in July!!!

I'm sorry that I've not been able to answer some of the questions asked. Looks like they mainly related to the 2 years needed on passport and Philip posted link to DIAC pages where it mentioned the 2 year thing. Also we submitted form 80 as we'd noticed some people on PIO had been asked to so we just thought we'd sent it just in case. Hope this info helps, I suppose we just wanted to give them as much info as possible... Tho the million of forms were a pain to fill in and scan!!

Well done everybody who got their apps in before the dreaded 1st July deadline!! Big big big congrats to those who have been grated their visa's or are nearly there... We're so jealous but really happy for everyone!! Given everything that's going for us just now I might be quiet again for a bit but if anything changes with our app I will be straight on to up date everyone!! :)

Oh 1 more thing... Our app still shows that all our documents are still required, despite us uploading everything. I'm not too worried as this seems to be common. Typical DIAC it would appear with things not being clear!! Oh and looks like nurses and teachers applying are getting processed quicker, does anyone have any idea how quickly social work apps are getting processed?

BRING ON CO's for everyone!! *:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hemangag

so we finally managed to sort everything out...yay!

[TABLE=width: 201]

[TR]

[TD]

[TABLE=width: 381]

[TR]

[TD]PCCs uploaded[/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[TD=align: right]Aug-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Application finalised[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Visa decision[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

we got the visa grant notification email the very next day after the PCCs were uploaded so they seem to certainly be on the ball these days..and the online progress check also has been updated to say application has been approved..

I'm guessing the email is all the documentation we need in terms of the visa? unless of course we decide to get it evidenced in the passport!

hi all..first post on PIO but have been reading up for quite a while..loads of helpful info on here so thought I'll do my bit to shed some light on how the application is progressing..

[TABLE=width: 381]

[TR]

[TD]ACS application[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Feb-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ACS result[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Feb-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS exam[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Mar-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IELTS result[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Mar-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GSM 175 online application[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Apr-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CO assigned[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Jun-12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals undertaken[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PCC applications[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Medicals uploaded[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

tbh I'm surprised that we got a reply from a Case Officer so soon considering the allocation dates on the DIAC website seem to indicate that they are only processing applications from January 2012..not complaining though :)

we are still waiting for the PCCs to arrive and hopefully that will be the end of whatever's required from our end..although not sure how long after that a visa decision will be made by the DIAC, just hoping that since the CO has already asked for medicals, PCCs etc that means the rest of our application is in order...

fingers crossed!

Hi everyone, just for an update after 10 weeks of waiting we got our CO yesterday! whohoo! We are now in Oz on a 457 visa and he has asked us to leave the country, present at the local Commission in the country we travel to, to present our passports. All very exciting and he requires no further documentation-we risked it and front-loaded our medicals and police certificates, thankfully it all worked out ok! Good luck to you all!

Hi everyone, just for an update after 10 weeks of waiting we got our CO yesterday! whohoo! We are now in Oz on a 457 visa and he has asked us to leave the country, present at the local Commission in the country we travel to, to present our passports. All very exciting and he requires no further documentation-we risked it and front-loaded our medicals and police certificates, thankfully it all worked out ok! Good luck to you all!

hey rachelmo, we are doing a similar thing to what you guys are doing.We fly out on the 23rd august, medical referred since 9th of july so its looking unlikely we will get the visa before we leave for oz. You are flying out for a few days just to access the visa? Its a big money cost but is there any other way around this? Also where are you guys flying to and for how long?