175 Lodged April 2012

Guest doniedsilva

Guest doniedsilva

Folks who have lodged their application in April 2012 or any other time in 2012, let's use this thread to report status, hiccups or just about anything.... It's always nice to huddle....

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will a CO be assigned anytime soon?

Hey all, I'm new to this with this being my first post!! I just lodged my 175 visa last night after much pain acquiring all documents i needed. I've included a time line below of my progress so far. There seems to be loads of support for 176 visa applicants but not for us 175's... good idea to try and get us all sharing our expereinces!! Anyway from scouring this site it looks like it takes approx 6 months for a CO to be assigned, this sounds about right as i spoke with a migration expert the other day who advised that 175 visa's are being fully processed around the 9 month time scale. I'm guessing then police checks and medicals take 3 months ish! I did see a post on this that someone had been allocated a CO in just 1 month (apr 2012, CO may 2012) after applying for a 175 but judging by the reply comments this is v.v.v.rare!! Where is everyone planning on going? I've got family in Queensland so if all goes well, me and my OH will be heading there!! Also wondering what documents everyone attached to application. I've detailed mines below with some added info in case anyone is reading this and havent lodged yet..

online application completed and attached...

Form 1276

Form 80's (me and OH)

Form 1193

certified copies of my qualifications

certified copy of ielts cert

certfied copy of my skills assessment

certified copy of council tax bill, joint car insurance and 12 month bank statement re. proof of address and defacto relationship

certified copies of birth certificates and passports

2 passport pics (me and OH)

Proof of employment for last 12 months (certified offer of employment letter and p45, 3 copies of electronic payslips). I just changed job in Jan.

certified copy of my current professional registration

I'm a bit worried that my payslips couldnt be certified. I had asked my employer to email me 3 payslips with the hope the solicitor would be happy to look at my emails and print offs and certify. Due to email not being secure he wouldnt do it. Anyway for anyone thats interested i found a solicitor who certified all my documents for £45 plus vat... he said i got a bargain tho as that price usually relates to a small amount of documents whereas they didnt check my amount and i had about 50 pages to be certified. 34 page (12 month) bank statement being ridiculously long!! Talking about bank statements, i'm hoping DIAC wont qeury my payslips as they'll be able to see they match amounts on my statement!! Who knows eh?!!

An important thing to highlight I think is to make sure you have 2 years left on your passport from when you apply!! I nearly missed it and it was my OH that noticed.. i thought as long as both our passports had 6 months on them it would be fine. Thankfully we had time to get an appointment at passport office and stumped up extra money to get OH's passport within a day. We go to Oz next week for a holiday so didnt want to chance any delay just sending it off. Theres just SO many things to cover i thought!!

Anyways it was a FAB feeling getting it lodged, i had a difficult time with getting my IELTS. I sat an academic on the 31/3/12 and got 8 out of 9 for everything apart from 7 out of 9 for my writing. I was so nervous sitting it as i felt so much rested on it!! Couldnt get booked on to another test in scotland in April and had to fly to London to retake it... we were also v.conscious that we would be in Oz for a month before the visa requirements change on the 1st July 2012!! We could have applied for a temp visa if i didnt get ielts but OH is in the Police and he needs permanent residence to apply to Police in Oz... i felt the pressure was on for me. Oh and luckily i realised that i didnt need to resit the academic ielts before booking my London test!!! DOH!! lol.

Hope this info helps, PIO has helped me LOADS so far!!!

Looking forward to hearing a bit more about everyones applications/plans/huddling :-) and hopefully more people joining this thread!!!

GOOD LUCK!! Fingers crossed we'll be getting CO this winter!!! Woooo!

IELTS 31/3/12 & 21/4/12 (L8.5, R9, W8.5, S9, Overall 9) positive skills assessment received 3/4/12 (had applied start of feb), 175 visa application lodged 18/5/12.

Guest doniedsilva

Really glad to see your post Donna, it was getting a little lonely here. Was even more anxious to see the 176 thread growing by the hour.

I will be heading to Perth with my family which consists of my wife and a 3 yr old boy. Managed an 8/9 in the IELTS test and have got a positive assessment from ACS.

Just thinking aloud, will the new rule change in July 2012 have any impact on our processing schedules... possibility of a quick process?

Hi me and OH are just about to start the online application but i'm getting a little confused. We are getting individual visa's as we haven't lived together long. Could you give me some advice on a few things:

Birth certificates - do they need to be certified? Can we use the short ones without parents names?

Passport - do they need a certified copy?

Copies of uni degree certs, transcripts and references- do we attach in black and white as the original certified copies are already in OZ due to skills assessment!

Why did u attach b,statements and pay slips is that because you had a new job? or were going on same visa?

Sorry i'm getting a bit muddled trying to avoid paying an agent!

Thanks

Guest Linzi79

Hi all,

Great idea to start up a 175 thread.

Im nearly in a position to lodge, my agent has everything ...... birth certs, references, positive skill outcome etc etc, but i still need to get the magic 8 in my IELTS this Saturday. I took the academic test a month back and managed to get 8.5 in everything except reading!!.

So fingers crossed i get 8 in all areas this time, so we'l be able to submit our application before the 1st July.

Hi Jen, birth certificates, passport copies, uni degrees and transcripts all defo need to be certified. We used full birth certificates so i'm not sure if the short ones would ok, personally i wouldnt like to chance it as it looks like DIAC want as much info as possible to cross check everything. I take it your original certified copies were coloured? All our copies were in black and white and then certified. We didnt see anything stating that copies should be in colour so sending your black and white ones should be fine. From what people say on here it looks like DIAC accept coloured copies of certificates (not certified) in certain circumstances but this does not appear to relate to the 175 visa!

I sent bank statement as me and OH are going on the same visa. We needed to prove our relationship was genuine and had been ongoing for at least 12 months hence we sent a 12month bank statement proving we had a joint bank account. We also sent council tax bill and copy of our car insurance cert with both our names as evidence of our relationship and that we live together. I sent payslips to prove i'm currently employed in my nominated profession. One of the requirements for the 175 is that you have worked in your nominated profession for at least 12 months, i changed councils in January so i included my job offer letter and p45 with my last employers details. My payslips werent certified but job offer letter and p45 was. I'm hoping all this will prove i've been working in nominated profession for over 2 years.

We also wanted to avoid the v.high agent costs so i hope this info has helped clear things up. Its a task and half to navigate through everything!! Good luck and more than happy to try and help out with anything else! :-)

Oh before i forget not sure how the July changes will impact us doniedsilva. General consensus on here appears to be that it will speed things up for everyone... heres hoping!! Althougth changes could also bring about a crazy surge in applications so who knows? Guess we'll just need to keep our fingers crossed!! I recieved an acknowledgement email on sat and it stated that i need to send another form (1221). I hadnt heard of this until now so will need to download, complete and get it sent asap. Really hoping that will be everything for now. What documents did you attach?

GOOD GOOD LUCK Linzi79!! I hated ielts, are you sitting academic again? I was so surprised at how busy the test centres are and so annoyed that my qualifications from a british university didnt prove my english ability!! Anyway needs must so good luck again!!

Out of interest were your certified copies coloured or black and white?

Guest doniedsilva

Donna - that brings up my hopes.

Well I attached a Form 80 and a Form 1221.

Certified copies of Passport

Certified copy of Marriage Cert

Certified copies of payslips

Certified copies of bank statements

Certified copies of promotion and salary hike certificates

IELTS score

Positive assessment cert from ACS

btw I was asked to take the General category in IELTS and the score asked was 7 overall. but on both the posts here I see academic with 8..... confused ....

Guest doniedsilva

Sorry it wasn't the 1221 but 1276. I think 1221 is used to gather additional information when required.

Cheers.

Guest Linzi79
GOOD GOOD LUCK Linzi79!! I hated ielts, are you sitting academic again? I was so surprised at how busy the test centres are and so annoyed that my qualifications from a british university didnt prove my english ability!! Anyway needs must so good luck again!!

Out of interest were your certified copies coloured or black and white?

Hi Donnamarielogue - im taking the general test this time which im over the moon about.

Im using an agent, so i just sent all originals to them, they then certified them, and sent these off for me so not sure if they were in colour or blank & white. So sorry i cant be of anymore help.

Guest irisheyesaresmiling

general training is the best one to take and you need an 8 overall to claim the full points. good luck

hey there..i am hovering over the payment section of my 175 application waiting on the social work skills assessment to come back....

is it after that bit they ask you for all those forms?

Does every one's application want the same thing? Do all the people need their birth certs added?i mean my husband and kids..better get cracking oops!! thought it would be the typical things like assessment passport marriage cert ielts

murta

I submitted my application online on the 18/04/12 and on the 03/05/12 it changed to application been processed further and email sent, contacted my agent who confirmed that he has received the email from DIAC and that a person had introduced themselves and requested all my documents to be uploaded. He says that i have a case officer already but as my status hasn't changed since then i not so sure? Could i have been allocated a CO in two weeks and how long do they normally take to process all the documents?

Hello!! I too lodged my 175 visa in april 2012. I am a nurse and the main visa applicant. We are hoping to move to the brisbane area. On the DIAC website it says they are currently processing applications recieved before 18 november, so think we all have a little wait as yet...

Please keep in touch as your journey unfolds!!

Fliss x:wink:

I'm waiting for my ACS assessment to come back which was submitted on the 20th April so i'm up to 6 weeks and the lead time was 10 weeks. 20th June, it's going to be tight! I have passed my IELTS today at a level i needed. It's getting real now! Assuming everything goes well, it will then be the long wait on DIAC.

Guest doniedsilva

.............and the wait continues....... happy to see many who have lodged in 2012 being allotted COs and Visas....

few lines from Pink Floyd-------------------------------------------

"Encumbered forever by desire and ambitionThere's a hunger still unsatisfied

Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon

Though down this road we've been so many times"

Guest dinosaur87

lodged visa early april and got contacted by a CO yesterday.

keeping fingers crossed. =x

good luck all!