Advice Needed Please Confused lol

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi

I went for a interview today at a boarding kennels for dogs, cats & birds as a part time receptionist. They also import & export dogs & cats all over the world. Which I would be really interested in learning as I have shipped my dog over to Oz so kinda know the process etc. The interview went really well and he said to me OK rather than saying you will take the job (or words to that effect) come in when it suits you to get a feel for the place see what the jobs all about etc. So I am going in tomorrow morning for a few hours. Now my question is obviously its a trial to see how I go but do you think he is more or less saying the job is mines?????? Is this the way they hold interviews over here I don't know as this is my first one???? I do know he has been given another girls resume so he will probably be interviewing her as well. Just wondered what your thoughts on this are.

Janette

Hi Janette

I reckon its a really good sign that they are interested in you!! If they didnt think that you were up to the job then they wouldnt waste there time or yours for that matter!!

My oh is a paint sprayer (I know totally different) however when we got here he spoke with about 3 people from the same company over the phone, they told him to go in the following day for a trial which he did. At the end of the day they confirmed that the job was his and even paid him for the day!! (Which we didnt expect)!!

They do seem to do things differently here, so I reckon going on this its looking good for you!!

Hope this helps and good luck

Deb xx

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Deb

Thanks for your reply. I am thinking the same way but don't want to get my hopes up as I really want this job. I am also getting paid for tomorrow which is good lol. When I went for the interview they had 3 birds in the reception and one was called Billy (OH name) so I reckon that's a sign :biglaugh:. Looks like I will just have to wait until tomorrow & hopefully I will now if the jobs mines when I finish fingers crossed.

Janette

Guest gajackdeb1@bigpond.com

hi janette,sounds like the jobs yours:yes:well done, he probally took other girls reseme for future jobs that may come up again GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR 1ST DAY DEBS XXX

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Thanks Debs

The girl from the agency has just called me to say that he was delighted with me :notworthy: I know that they had sent another girls's resume to him but she confirmed that she didnt get a interview so it is looking good.

Janette

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Thanks Cal & Kelly

I really hope I do get it (but not counting my chickens yet) i can honestly say it would be the first job that i would actually enjoy doing & i have worked for many years.

Janette

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Thanks Mandy & Jem

I have already been there with shipping our dog over so that also looks good for me :biglaugh:

Oh i just no I will not sleep tonight :twitcy:

Janette

Congratulations janette, Nige got offered a job before we came but they did suggest coming in for a chat before anything was signed to see if they liked each other. I'd say if you like it and have a good feel about it then tell them you'll take it.

Ali xx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Janette

I reckon that the job is yours.

After all, very few people applying for this sort of job will have imported their own pet to Perth. If immigrants are worried about their pets, you have been tot he quarantine kennel at Byford (and will get to know them well if you stay in the job for any length of time.)

If people are exporting pets, you can do HEAPS to reassure a worried owner that you have been through the same process yourself, know exactly know they feel but can assure them - from first hand experience - that their pet will be fine.

I'm sure you will find a few minutes to nip round the kennels every day and check on the pets, soothe any which seem distressed and be ready to tell the owner how the pet is etc.

Plus - although it may not be of direct interst to the kennels - having a PIO member on the inside of the pet import business will provide a valuable insight for those taking pets to Australia.

You'll get it, don't worry.

Cheers

Gill :jiggy::jiggy:

Guest Spinderella

Hi Janette

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck with the job - sounds like the day's trial is more a formality than anything else.

Well done

Amanda

Archived