Canberra BBQ meet up

nik_kershaw

Hi everyone, I used to do these meet ups every so often but since having my 2nd child I have been very busy. I have seen quite a few new people turning up to Canberra of late so I am looking for a Sunday to do it again so long as there is enough interest.

I try to aim at doing the meet up's in parks so that the kids can enjoy them selfs and the adults can have a chat. If you are all up for a Sunday lunchtime then place a post as to when. I will look for a venue.

Sent from my iPhone Living the dream

Guest SandP

Any Sunday but this one coming. Maybe this time we will actually get there and we keep missing them

Guest Lucloo29

Hiya

I have just moved to canberra from the uk; I would love to meet other people in the similar situation to me!!

OK I have a venue, for all you guys that live in the ACT, we are going to have it in Queanbeyan. There is a large park behind the police station with 2 BBQ's and cover. I will sort out a date and a map of where it is when I get on a Computer

Guest Leachy

Hi Everybody,

We arrive in Canberra on the 16th of May from Yorkshire and would love to join your get together.

Look forward to meeting you all

OK I have a venue, for all you guys that live in the ACT, we are going to have it in Queanbeyan. There is a large park behind the police station with 2 BBQ's and cover. I will sort out a date and a map of where it is when I get on a Computer

Sounds like a plan, wife and I would love to come :)

I'd like to come along too if I'm not working that day.

I arrived here from London in December with my Canberran fiancee and am still settling in, would be good to meet some new friends who are in the same boat as me.

Guest Ptp113
Sounds good to me. My husband and I are moving from Melbourne to Spence a week on Tuesday and are looking forward to meeting others!

Good move. I just spent another 2 days in Melbourne, it really is the pits imo! If you need to know where to go or the 'good stuff' is send me a PM.

OK, not sure how to put the map from google maps on here so just look up Queanbeyan Park. The BBQ and playground are all together near the tennis courts behind the police station in Queanbeyan, just off the main road in Queanbeyan. 17th June is the date for the event and the time is 12.00 noon. As I said before there is an area under cover as well as a large playground.

To all the newbies, wrap up warm as it will be cold

There is only 2 BBQ's there and as it isn't a huge place so we should spot everyone all together.

See you all there

Guest PaulineG1982

My husband and I arrive 13th June so we would be up for this on the Sunday, would be good to meet new people! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I arrive 13th June so we would be up for this on the Sunday, would be good to meet new people! :wink:

You must be getting really excited. Any idea on what area you will be living! We made the move from Essex January 2011 and live in New Acton/City and love Canberra!

Archived