silly question alert!!!

lillystar26

There are a lot of posts about monthly spend and the cost of items etc.... But how much is suncream? It is quite expensive here and we don't actually use it that often. But as we have 3children under 5yrs I'm guessing we will be using suncream a lot....... So is it going to be a big part of our weekly/monthly spend

Vicky

That's good. Two of my children are very fair and burn so easily, is it the same brands as over here??

Thanks

I found the Sunscreen in Australia much better than you get here - there are some of the same brands but the Australian ones are better. The one that I really liked and I never burnt with it was Hamiltons (green one) We ended up taking loads home after last holiday over there. I have always burnt with UK stuff, but when I was working as a Lifeguard in Sydney on my WHV the pool had this stuff for the staff to put on - I would put it on once at start of shift - didnt need to reapply and never burnt. http://www.hamiltonlabs.com.au/site/page.cfm?u=106&c=19&dist=Local

My skin is quite fair and can burn in Scotland!!

We buy a 2L homebrand tub from woolies - lasts for ages and very cheap. You have to remember to keep applying suncream. Kids will wear Rashies if playing in the pool, you'll see adults and kids wearing hats (my suns primary school you have to sit in the shade if you've left your hatat home).

Archived