Is there lots of work in Perth?

Perthbum

Trying to decide whether I should to open for inspection of house in my street.

Is it to nosy ?

Loads of people do it, we were in a rental that was up for sale and quite a few

of the people in the street came in for a look, they had to sign in thats how I know

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

House next door to mine on the market. Speaking with the owner yesterday, the price the real estate agent him, was frankly astronomical. If anything a 10% rise on a year ago. Of course they want his business, but really little acknowledge of a down turn in what is being asked there. Now rents on the other hand, have dropped considerably.

Agree with you about rents, however as you live in the CBD I doubt house/apartment prices around you have dropped as much as house prices in some suburbs. http://reiwa.com.au/the-wa-market/perth-suburbs-price-data/ Interesting data on this website, but I don't think prices have fallen as much as they are going to. And it doesn't matter what price you put on a property when it goes on the market.... it will only sell for what someone will pay for it.

Trying to decide whether I should to open for inspection of house in my street.

Is it to nosy ?

Probably is nosey, but hey it serves two purposes. You get to see what your neighbour has so you can pick up any decorating ideas, and you can compare it to what you think your property is worth.

Agree with you about rents, however as you live in the CBD I doubt house/apartment prices around you have dropped as much as house prices in some suburbs. http://reiwa.com.au/the-wa-market/perth-suburbs-price-data/ Interesting data on this website, but I don't think prices have fallen as much as they are going to. And it doesn't matter what price you put on a property when it goes on the market.... it will only sell for what someone will pay for it.

I've always thought that too Rossmoyne. Your house is only worth as much as somebody will pay for it.

Very true. Besides the house next door as yet to sell. I'm a bit wary of industry induced reiwa websites, just as I am media reports on the matter. (media of course having self interest being on the side of the housing industry.

What is blindly obvious is that the banks are way over exposed to housing debt, while the population is way over loaded with personal debt. It doesn't look like a happy ending. Even IMF have given a warning on Australian housing prices/debt.

Sadly foreigners have largely sustained the big city real estate over recent times, edging locals ever out.