ACS Processing time June 2016

zpat978

In the last six months all the applications I lodged to ACS took 2 weeks, one took 3 weeks but that was a complex case though, and one took 3 weeks because it was lodged on new year's eve during ACS annual holiday

Thank you for the reply. I submitted my application for ACS on 16 June still awaiting result.

Also please could you let me know as my occupation is Sysem Administrator with 55 Points do i have a chace of any State Sponsorship for 190 Visa

Age = 15

Exp = 15

Education = 15

IELTS = 10

Any chance of SS or should i consider different occupation?

Thank you for the reply. I submitted my application for ACS on 16 June still awaiting result.

Also please could you let me know as my occupation is Sysem Administrator with 55 Points do i have a chace of any State Sponsorship for 190 Visa

Age = 15

Exp = 15

Education = 15

IELTS = 10

Any chance of SS or should i consider different occupation?

SS is quite subjective I have to say. The State/Territory government would review and decide based on internal criteria.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

My qualification is Masters in computer applications MCA passed in Aug 2011. I have been working as a GIS Engineer (developer) since October 2011 and I had been worked in Australia as a GIS developer for 3 years 2012-2015 on 457 visa.

In 457 visa approved letter my designation is "Electrical Engineering Drafts Person". So my MARA agent suggested me to apply for skills assessment with VETASSESS as a "other spatial scientist". As a GIS developer some of my roles are related to other spatial scientist and I have changed/added /updated 20% of my developer roles to other spatial scientist in the resume and got the statutory declaration from my team leader for only other spatial scientist roles and applied for skills assessment with VETASSESS with only other spatial scientist in the resume and statutory declaration.

Unfortunately,I got the negative outcome from VETASSESS as I do not have the relevant educational qualification for the occupation code "Other spatial scientist".

Now I am planing to apply for skills assessment with ACS as software engineer by updating the resume and statutory declaration only with GIS developer roles and responsibilities.

1. Am I able to get the positive outcome from ACS and the three years work experience count ( I have total 5 years GIS developer; from 5y ACS will deduct 2 years)?

2. My friends are saying it may not be possible for me to apply for skills assessment with ACS as I already have applied for skills assessment with VETASSES for the total 5 years experience. Also they are saying even if I get the positive assessment I may get the problem with during the department checking. Is it correct?

Kindly suggest me on this regard.

My agent says I have to change the job and have wait 2 more years to apply for the skills assessment with ACS.

Hi All,

My qualification is Masters in computer applications MCA passed in Aug 2011. I have been working as a GIS Engineer (developer) since October 2011 and I had been worked in Australia as a GIS developer for 3 years 2012-2015 on 457 visa.

In 457 visa approved letter my designation is "Electrical Engineering Drafts Person". So my MARA agent suggested me to apply for skills assessment with VETASSESS as a "other spatial scientist". As a GIS developer some of my roles are related to other spatial scientist and I have changed/added /updated 20% of my developer roles to other spatial scientist in the resume and got the statutory declaration from my team leader for only other spatial scientist roles and applied for skills assessment with VETASSESS with only other spatial scientist in the resume and statutory declaration.

Unfortunately,I got the negative outcome from VETASSESS as I do not have the relevant educational qualification for the occupation code "Other spatial scientist".

Now I am planing to apply for skills assessment with ACS as software engineer by updating the resume and statutory declaration only with GIS developer roles and responsibilities.

1. Am I able to get the positive outcome from ACS and the three years work experience count ( I have total 5 years GIS developer; from 5y ACS will deduct 2 years)?

2. My friends are saying it may not be possible for me to apply for skills assessment with ACS as I already have applied for skills assessment with VETASSES for the total 5 years experience. Also they are saying even if I get the positive assessment I may get the problem with during the department checking. Is it correct?

Kindly suggest me on this regard.

My agent says I have to change the job and have wait 2 more years to apply for the skills assessment with ACS.

My first move would be to change myagent. Why did your agent suggest applying for "Other spatial scientist". if you didn't have the relevant educational qualification for the occupation code "Other spatial scientist"?

He suggested me based on salary slips, some of my roles and 457 visa approved letter (designation "Electrical Engineering Drafts Person").

When I asked him to apply for other assessing authorities, he said based on salary slips and 457 visa designation I can not apply for ACS because my australian salary is 56k per year which is low compared to software engineer and 457 visa occupation is not a software engineer .

My friends are saying if department check with company, company will not confirm as a software engineer because of salary. If company will confirm as software engineer my employer will be in trouble as they are paying less salary compare to Software engineer. is it true?

Now if I apply for ACS I have to modify my resume and statutory declaration.

My friends are creating doubt to apply for ACS because if I apply for ACS with new resume and new statutory declaration it will create problems if department will ckeck as I will have two different statutory declarations and two different resumes in VETASSESS database and in ACS database.

So now I am in dilemma to apply for skills assessment with ACS as I already have got the negative assessment from VETASSESS.

Kindly suggest me in this matter.

As your agent has pointed out, saying you've been employed as a Software Engineer when you're on a 457 as an Electrical Engineer Drafts Person will not be accepted by DIBP and I'd be surprised if they didn't question if you are in breach of your 457.

Your migration agent is the best source of information and advice as they a) have the expertise that most forum members won't, and b) they have reviewed your particular circumstances in detail.