TRA Timeline

anlopa

HI all,

My agent is sending off my TRA today and he has quoted 4-5 weeks for processing, has anyone sent theirs off recently and has a more accurate time for the processing cos I know that a lot of people were getting them quite quick a bit ago.

Can't wait to have it in my hands it will be the first hurdle out of the way

We are still going down the 175 route for the Visa hopefully by the time we get it the current state of gloom will be over and we will be able to go to Aus with a positive outlook.

Thinking of going on a recci in March next year

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Burness2Oz

Hi,

What trade r u?

We sent ours without agent and it took 3 wks from sent to confirmation.

We are also 175 visa and apparently they are not even bening looked at this year!!!

Good luck

Hi,

Good Luck with your TRA! We are in the same boat, sending ours off today also but without Agent. Have spent a while getting everything together and was originally going to go for a different trade (Mechanical Engineering Technician) but have opted for Fitter as this is basically what OH does. Think there is a fine line between the two based on my OH's experience and Fitter is on MODL and 60pts rather than 40. Plan then is to go for State Sponsorship.

I seem to think that you are Maintenance Fitter are you (or am I thinking of another thread I read??)

Original plan was to head to Qld, but would also consider Adelaide area. Need to do more research into which area may offer better chance of employment (Aerospace/Defence industries) and lifestyle for family in the next few weeks before deciding, and of course in the meantime hope that the State Sponsorship lists don't change:skeptical:

Just looked on the TRA site again and the info regarding timescale is as follows:

"11.2 Occupations on the MODL receive the highest

priority. The MODL sets out occupations which have

been identified as being in national demand in Australia.

11.3 The majority of MODL skills assessments are

finalised within 10 working days.

11.4 The majority of skills assessments for

occupations not on the MODL are finalised within 20

working days.

11.5 When we receive your application, you will be

sent a letter acknowledging receipt of your application

and the payment of the fee. When the assessment is

completed, you will receive a letter advising you of the

outcome"

Hope this helps. Is your Agent in UK or Oz? I'd be interested to hear from you when yours is processed.

Mandy x

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hi there

As you can see from our timeline it took about two weeks for ours from courier picking up to confirmation app successful (OH is a chef). I hope yours does not take that long - I became a bit obsessed checking the website every day!!!

Good luck with your application!

Donna

Hi all

We are in the same boat as you, we have finally got everything together for the TRA, Donna, you say you sent yours via Courier, did your agent advise this?. As our agent has said Royal Mail will be fine as long as it signed for other end and make sure we can track it on the Royal Mail website, I would hate for all that hard work to go missing.

Suzanne

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Suzanne

We are not using an agent, going alone. We used DHL booked through Interparcel which cost us £20 for the TRA and £20 for the SS application today. It should be on a flight tonight and all being well (and going by the TRA app) should be in Brisbane on Monday morning - if not Friday if it flies straight to Brisbane and not to Sydney. Did not feel happy sending via Royal Mail but that was just our personal feelings. You can track through Interparcel as well.

I am sure your agent has done it dozens of times before through Royal Mail so I would think it would all be fine.

Good luck with it all.

Donna

Hi all

We are in the same boat as you, we have finally got everything together for the TRA, Donna, you say you sent yours via Courier, did your agent advise this?. As our agent has said Royal Mail will be fine as long as it signed for other end and make sure we can track it on the Royal Mail website, I would hate for all that hard work to go missing.

Suzanne

Hi,

What trade r u?

We sent ours without agent and it took 3 wks from sent to confirmation.

We are also 175 visa and apparently they are not even bening looked at this year!!!

Good luck

Hi,

I am a fitter 4112 is the number I think We are not to stressed by the time line as we both have good jobs at the moment so I think it would be silly to up sticks at the moment, but after the storm passes we will be on our way

We sent ours last Wednesday by courier (or at least agent did). We are on the MODL so will be interested to see if 10 days processing time is about right at the moment. We will keep you all informed once the delightful, or devastating, news comes through!

Kate

HI Kate,

People say that the TRA is harder to do than the visa it's self. I know that getting in touch with everyone was a nightmare for me as they did not show any urgency in getting the infomation required down on paper even though I had written every thing they needed all they had to do was copy and paste then sign on the dotted line. so not to difficult for them.

Hope we get the TRA first time. I would have rathered to do a trade test as that is in your own hands, not the mood of some office bum (no offence to office people)

Well good luck with yours I know I am going to have a hard wait I hate waiting and not knowing.

Oh definitely. Trade assessment is the hardest part. Although if you are not good at waiting then perhaps the long drawn out process after the visa application is submitted may be harder for you! Still sensibly if you have good secure jobs here at the mo then you are definitely lucky so best to stick about and hope for things to look up once the visa is granted. We are in no rush to go anywhere at the mo, for one we have a new baby due in about 8 weeks time so I want to enjoy that part of our lives before rushing off to Oz!

Good luck and definitely let me know when you hear from TRA.

Kate

Fantastic time ahead for you and with a new baby time will pass quickly. At least if you need to phone Aus for any thing you will be on the same time line you can ring after the second night feed or the thrird or forth Harr Harr. Glad that is over Sorry!!!!!

Guest theleeclan

Hi

Ours was registered with TRA on 01/04 and was successful yesterday 15/04, are on the MODL list. Hope this helps.

Hi theleeclan,

did u got the tra assesment in paper by post on 15th or just checked in the tra website? Please update. thanks!

Anyone know how long it will take to reach us in paper one we see tra approved in tra website?

Can we apply for visa (175) only after getting in paper or is it possible to apply once it is approved in tra website?

Guest theleeclan

Hi akj

Just checked the TRA website and there was also a link to a copy of the outcome letter, it has also been sent by mail to our agent. My husband had a telephone call from our agent today advising that the visa would be lodged (175) on Monday. Assuming that they can lodge it without the paper copy as doubt it would be received by Monday, not 100% sure though, sorry can't be more help.

Hi akj

Just checked the TRA website and there was also a link to a copy of the outcome letter, it has also been sent by mail to our agent. My husband had a telephone call from our agent today advising that the visa would be lodged (175) on Monday. Assuming that they can lodge it without the paper copy as doubt it would be received by Monday, not 100% sure though, sorry can't be more help.

Hi theleeclan,

thnx 4 e info

Hi

I'd also be interested in this. As mentioned above, our TRA was sent same day as yours, so only 2 days ago, but already feels like a lifetime! Is your Agent in Oz or UK? How was the TRA sent, Courier or Post? Hope we dont regret this, but we sent ours Royal Mail then sat down that night reading about how many people use DHL. Oh well, its sent now, too late to worry about it!

Mandy

hi Mandy,

Our agent is in the U.K. and I'm not sure how they have sent it didn't even think to ask. I would not be to worried about the royal mail as long as someone has to sign for it you should be fine. Couriers get things lost as well. I am not going to ask how mine is getting their just waiting for the email of confirmation. I recieved my visa application today from my agent all filled in for me (good to see my money is going on something) now I have to pay the $2000 logement fee and £600 final payment to the agent...... Seems I'm not booking a holiday this month,, or next,,, or the one after,,,,. Oh well it will be well worth it in the end (note to self.. do a sanity assessment A.S.A.P)

Guest theleeclan

It was sent to the TRA on 23/03 by our agent in the UK not sure by which means. Tracking letter with reference was sent from them dated 01/04, which I received a copy from our agent 08/04, all in all it had taken just over 3 weeks and that was including easter weekend which was quicker than we expected.

Hope mine comes along with the same speed. I think because you put so much in to the TRA you want to know the out come this is your lifes work that they are evaluating and I don't know what I would do if they said no.

Guest theleeclan

Completely agree, definately has been the most time consuming part, the rest just a waiting game. I hope everything works out for you.

Hi akj

theleeclan,

I just checked the TRA website for my outcome and now the "finalisation date" appeared which is today's date. Status is still "Awaiting Assessment".

How was urs? Did the status change or just the finalisation date appear? Where was the link to copy of the outcome letter?? Plz reply. Thnx..

Guest toria

Hi akj

I have been reading these threads as my tra was sent off on the 7th of april by my oz agent but she did say that because of easter it might be longer i reckon about thursday this week, that is just counting 10 working days, what do you think?

Toria

Hi akj

I have been reading these threads as my tra was sent off on the 7th of april by my oz agent but she did say that because of easter it might be longer i reckon about thursday this week, that is just counting 10 working days, what do you think?

Toria

I'm almost exactly the same as you on this one. Ours was sent 8th so I am hopeful for a result on Friday. I have however, written on my calendar next Wednesday just to be fair!

It'll be good to compare.

Kate

Archived