Anyone heard of ASA (www.australia-migration.com)!? Query Visa costs...

Guest Quwa

Hi guys

We are looking at appointing ASA as our agents to help with our 457 state sponsor visa. They have already been extremely helpful but one thing is concerning me and that is the cost - for them to process everything they have quoted approx £3,200. Could some of you who have done this with an agent, or are doing, please tell me if this sounds right or way too much!? :err:

I would really appreciate any knowledge people have on the cost of everything, i know its not cheap but im jsut not sure if this is a good costing.

Cheers guys

Do you mean the 475 visa? The 457 visa is the long term temporary residency employer sponsored visa.

Do these costs include all charges, or is this amount just the ASA costs? If the latter I think you could find a cheaper agent, though cheaper can mean you get a lesser service ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan, many thanks for your reply,

I do mean 475! oops! ;o) The visa cost includes:

DIMIA application fee

ASA professional fee

3rd party, couriers, mail processing fee

main occupation assessment fee.

With all that included is that cost viable?

Really appreciate your advise

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Sarah and Steve

We used Cornels services and found him very very helpful. Although their offices were then based in Perth, he use to stay awake every night to answer emails and calls from his clients. We received a first class service and would highly recommend them to anyone. 2 other good agents are Alan at Go Matilda and George Lombard.

Guest andrew_obrien

I would try Richard Gregan from oe Visa's, Alen Collette from Go Matilda or George Lombard who i am currently using all 3 come highly reccomended and i can personally reccomend George as he is sorting out my 475 visa and has worked wonders for us to get to oz

I used asa and thats about what i paid, actually i think i might have paid abit more (it did include all immi fees though) i found them faultless throughout the whole process.

i'll see if i can find the records of exactly how much i paid.

here go its in AUD and i split my payments into three payments

$2,049.00

$2,782.00

$2,249.00

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Alan, many thanks for your reply,

I do mean 475! oops! ;o) The visa cost includes:

DIMIA application fee

ASA professional fee

3rd party, couriers, mail processing fee

main occupation assessment fee.

With all that included is that cost viable?

Really appreciate your advise

Hi Sarah & Steve

I would ask for a detailed costs breakdown so that you can see exactlyhow much of the total is allocated to each of the various components.

Also, please check to see whether or not the consultant advising you is a MARA-endorsed Registered Migration Agent:

Migration Agents Registration Authority

Best wishes

Gill

Guest AndreanDaz

Hi,

We are currently using asa and would re-iterate what Gill advised about checking whether your agent/consultant is mara registered.

I can't remember exactly what we paid but initially we paid £2549 and then with the changes to skills assessments in Sept o7 we had to pay an additional $2100 for the skills assessment with vetassess (sorry not sure of exact amount in £).

Andrea

• 4 months later...

Hi there - we have been liaising with ASA too and i just wondered what your final verdict is on them? they seem to have been very professional with us so far? but we havent paid any monies as yet so still time to change our mind (Go Matilda is our other main option albeit a little more expensive but i know they tend to have great reviews).

Hi all

I am also with ASA. I am now in the final process of waiting for 475, as I submitted police checks this week. We paid about 6 thousand Aus dollar, about 3 thousand pounds in Januari 2008. This including everything, ASA fee, vetasses' and visa application. I don't have any problems so far. You can check on their site, who they are and who the agents that MARA's.

Regards

Wijay

Guest Shreen

Hi there, we are with ASA and paid just over £3000 pounds. They have been brill so far. I must drive my agent insane, I email daily sometimes 2 or 3 times and they always get back straight away, weekends, in the night. We paid our money in 2 installments, even though they have our money they are still really professional and have not changed throughout. We sent our main visa application off a couple of weeks ago and they usually take 21 days to go over before they lodge [unless you have paid for a priority service]. I expressed my concerns with my agent about the MODL being changed with the may budget and she got our app loaded within a few days, even though we have not paid extra.

There our a few other agents that have a good rep on here, there is a few threads. My experience with ASA [so far] has been great and I would recommend them.

Thanks

Shreen

Guest The Pom Queen

As mentioned previous we used ASA and have been here for 5 years so they definitely were worth every penny. I have no hesitation on recommending them. It is the same for Alan at Go Matilda, another reputable company I could highly recommend.

Guest Susie

We also used them and successfully got our Permanent Residency. They were great, very patient with me when I was stressing. Good Luck

Susie xx

Guest jogrant3232

We got our visa with ASA as our agents and found them competetive on price and we had no problems with there service,all good .

Thank you for this, comforting to hear. movingtomelbourne - i just wondered where you have settled in melbourne? any recommendations on where to go, where to avoid? we have 2 year old and 10 month old,so important things to do are closeby! im doing lots of searching on web too (east and south east side), but personal experience also a bonus. thanks for any help.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you for this, comforting to hear. movingtomelbourne - i just wondered where you have settled in melbourne? any recommendations on where to go, where to avoid? we have 2 year old and 10 month old,so important things to do are closeby! im doing lots of searching on web too (east and south east side), but personal experience also a bonus. thanks for any help.

Hi Saram

We settled in the South East and have stayed there ever since. We drove everywhere when we first arrived and I don't know why, but the South East just felt like home, I can't put my finger on it but we love it here.

I know the West seemed a little built up and industrial for me, and there has always been the saying that those to the East are snobs and those to the West are working class, but this didn't have any influence on us at all and I don't think we are snobs. My youngest son was 3 when we came out. I read on one of your previous posts that you like the sounds of Berwick. It is lovely and only 10 minutes from the Fountain Gate Shopping Centre.

Please feel free to pm me anytime if you need any help.

Hugs

Kate

:wubclub:

• 3 years later...
Guest rrwilky

We're with ASA at the moment and are having no end of problems, they had all my skills assessment stuff for 5 months before it was even sent off!!!!!! Now they just fob us off and trying to contact anyone except your own agent is impossible

We're with ASA at the moment and are having no end of problems, they had all my skills assessment stuff for 5 months before it was even sent off!!!!!! Now they just fob us off and trying to contact anyone except your own agent is impossible

Very odd rule on this site, you can only say nice things about agents apparently ... not too helpful in my opinion.

Guest rrwilky
Very odd rule on this site, you can only say nice things about agents apparently ... not too helpful in my opinion.

Completely agree, people need to know which agents are ripping people off and taking too long, was fully expecting my previous post o 'disappear' am quite surprised its still here!

Guest The Pom Queen

It's a case of Australian law that's strange, with a name and shame post it's the publisher that gets sued not the author, I'm afraid I can't risk a court battle because someone doesn't like a company

Guest The Pom Queen
Completely agree, people need to know which agents are ripping people off and taking too long, was fully expecting my previous post o 'disappear' am quite surprised its still here!

Your post has been edited.

We have no problems with people saying "I used xxx and never again" or "I used xxx and we had some problems" but it's when members say things like "I used xxx and they are a bunch of cowboys" or "I used xxx and they rip you off" or "I used xxx and they are all liars" people need to keep to the facts and not let their emotions run away with them

• 1 month later...

We also can recommend ASA, as I was a very special case (been a bad boy when I was younger) and also self employed, Cornel was great also Shirley and Christa were all faultless.

Cornell is in the office until very late into the morning to help clients out and they do know their stuff.

We fly out in December all thanks to them!!!.

The price you have been quoted sounds spot, I would say go with them and get to Oz, they also will give you an open offer of visiting them if you are in the area which we intend to take up to show them out gratitude.

Your post has been edited.

We have no problems with people saying "I used xxx and never again" or "I used xxx and we had some problems" but it's when members say things like "I used xxx and they are a bunch of cowboys" or "I used xxx and they rip you off" or "I used xxx and they are all liars" people need to keep to the facts and not let their emotions run away with them

Exactly this is just as it should be done.... We use this forum and have had some really good advice which has helped us through the Visa process.... people should be able to say what they have experienced in a way where it can be helpful to other members and possibly prevent them from having problems but it should be done in a respectful manner and kept to productive comments....

Archived