Perth becomes a Regional Area

Guest alibo80

Guest alibo80

Perth is now considered to be Regional....... Fantastic news for 457 visa holders who are working in Perth and had no chance of ever gettin PR can now apply for a 857 visa.

Where did you see that?

The DIAC website still says "the employer's business must be established and actively engaged in the activity for which it is registered in the regional area all areas of Australia except for, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne or Perth."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/eligibility-employer.htm

Where did you see that?

The DIAC website still says "the employer's business must be established and actively engaged in the activity for which it is registered in the regional area all areas of Australia except for, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne or Perth."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/eligibility-employer.htm

It was announced by Chris Bowen yesterday at a mining conference in Perth:

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perth-branded-regional-city-of-hardship-in-bid-to-attract-foreign-workers-20110719-1hmad.html

Perth is now considered to be Regional....... Fantastic news for 457 visa holders who are working in Perth and had no chance of ever gettin PR can now apply for a 857 visa.

Also good news for international students to claim 5 points for PR and PR relatives who can sponsor relatives with extra 10 points for Regional visas.

Guys,

Does that mean its possible to get the 65 points without taking the IELTS test?...for example:

Age 34 : 25 points

Overseas work Experience, 8 out of 10 years : 15 points

AQF Qualification : 10 points

Sponsorship by State : 5 points

Sponsorship by government to regional Australia : 10 points

Im not sure if the last could be used in conjunction but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge could advise?

• 2 months later...
Guest AquaGirl

Hi,

Does anyone know if the regional area can be apply to visa 886 ? Coz on the list,there is no visa 886 in it. if i studied in Perth, so is that mean that i can claim 5 point for the regional study isnt it ?

Hi

Does anybody know if applying for the 475 visa can I get 10 points for the "designated area sponsorship or nominated by State Government" and still be elligble to work in Perth ?

Now that is it classed as deisginated area

Thanks

Howard

Hi

Does anybody know if applying for the 475 visa can I get 10 points for the "designated area sponsorship or nominated by State Government" and still be elligble to work in Perth ?

Now that is it classed as deisginated area

Thanks

Howard

Hi if you are state sponsored on a 475 it's a no I am afraid. It is stated on the WA website .

Hiya

Not sure if this is good news for me ..... haven't sumitted any apps yet, just booked IELTS test but would like to know this;

I am a Primary School Teacher, not on 1st SOL list but have relatives in Perth who are willing to sponsor me, will Perth becoing a regional area help me? Can my Auntie sponsor me instead of having to go for SS (which would mean having to go to SA)?

Eve

I am not an expert but yes I think this would be the case. The link indicates that anyone on a 475 can live an work anywhere in WA now. This may be good for me as I need the 20 points on my IELTS (straight 8's) and I just got my results on Saturday and I got L8.5, R7, W8.5 & T9. I am re-sitting on the 22nd but if I dont get the required points I will go for the 475.

I am not an expert but yes I think this would be the case. The link indicates that anyone on a 475 can live an work anywhere in WA now.
There seems to be a some confusion about the regional classification, before you go getting excited that link refers to the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme which means you need to be employer nominated. You'd better read the actual state of play according to Migration WA for the implications for Skilled Regional Sponsored visas.

Archived